Pre-TTC goals

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 12:18 PM
helios's Avatar Veteran
What goals do you want to reach before you start TTCing?

Mine are:

-Improve health/physical fitness: Ever since I had my son my diet has gone downhill, so I am working harder to eat well. I would also like to start visiting the gym 2-3 times/week.

-Save money: I want to take ~10 months off next time, so I'll need to save some money.

-Finish lab work: I'm a graduate student, and would like to be done with research and have started writing my thesis before we TTC.

-Find a larger home: ok, this one is mostly just wishful thinking, but I have a hard time imagining having 2 kids in our tiny 2 bedroom home!

-Get married: DP and I have been engaged forever, and it is probably about time we tie the knot

I find that reminding myself of what I want to accomplish before baby #2 comes along really helps with the agony of the wait.
January 15th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I think that having things you need to accomplish beforehand is helpful with the fever.

for me:

-Get sleep (Audrina didn't sleep more than 2-3 hours straight from birth - 15months. She's just now starting to sleep through the night...so we're part of the way to that goal! hah

-Have DH start his own business (done) and be successful enough that I can eventually stay home after #2 is born (still have a ways to go before we know if we can reach that).

-Have my amalgam fillings replaced. I had started them before I got pregnant with DD. Now that I'm done breastfeeding, I'm getting the rest replaced in the weeks ahead.

January 15th, 2013, 12:44 PM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
-Get sleep (Audrina didn't sleep more than 2-3 hours straight from birth - 15months. She's just now starting to sleep through the night...so we're part of the way to that goal! hah
YES! This is huge for me too. My son is 12 months and still wakes a lot at night. We are also cosleeping because it is the only way any of us can get any sleep, so I would like to have him in his own bed before we ttc (for practical reasons, haha)
January 15th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
- get to my goal weight of 150, or at least close to it. I didn't have any serious issues my last pregnancy and only gained 18 lbs but why risk it.
- DH have a promotion and be making more money
- our credit be improved so that we could be on our way to buying a home, we have 3 bedrooms now, but with the stepkids visiting we'll be running our of rooms.
- be doing my own photography, I worked in a studio before I left to have DD and I miss it, I'd love to build up enough experience again to do it on my own so I could do it when DH is home and bring in extra income.

January 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My goals would be to:

Get a van
Finish the spare room
Have a bit more dept paid off
Have a regular exercise routine as that really helped with my last pregnancy.
I would really like my daughter to know how to read before having another one and for my son to sleep better, he's still up enough at night that I don't want to add to it.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 15th, 2013, 10:53 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to get into a house. weve put if off a few times now but DH said this will be the last time and I'm holing him to it!I wanted to be in a house by the time we had DS but that didnt happen lol

I to want to be eating heailther

finish loosing my baby weight and get back to my prepregnancy size

establish a good workout routine (im going old school and getting workout dvds lol)

DH graduate from school (about another year and 4 ish months) and be settled in a job

get some more debt payed down or off if possible.

probaly get a new car for myself (i currently have a vw bug convirtable lol) something to accomidate 2 kiddos

I would really like to figure out my job situation as well, like what i want to do career wise, ive graduated from vet tech school but work at kohls now lol and have been thinking of nursing school but I just dont know. I really want to be a SAHM but thats to difficult for us right now.

and thinks thats it, for now at least lol i keep adding to it!

January 15th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Super Mommy
Lose 25 pounds to take the strain off my knees when I gain a bunch of pregnancy weight.

Get all of the new marketing going for my business, so I can take it easy for awhile once the new baby comes.

Get in better shape by doing 150 minutes of light cardio and two days of strength training.

Get back into a good yoga routine.

Paint the inside of my house.

Organize closets.

Hopefully, my son will decide to wean, since nursing while pregnant was excruciating! Not really willing to push him, though.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

January 16th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios View Post
YES! This is huge for me too. My son is 12 months and still wakes a lot at night. We are also cosleeping because it is the only way any of us can get any sleep, so I would like to have him in his own bed before we ttc (for practical reasons, haha)
DD co-slept with us too for a while...and I told DH during that time that she'd need to be back in her crib before I was pregnant again. There is no physical way I could co-sleep and be pregnant...sometimes it's bad enough having DH in the bed at the same time. lols

January 16th, 2013, 07:54 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2bee View Post
and thinks thats it, for now at least lol i keep adding to it!
haha me too.

It seems like a lot of us are aiming for weight loss/fitness, new vehicles, and new homes. Lofty goals, but worth it!

Urchin - yeah, there is definitely no way I could manage being pregnant with my son in our bed. Our queen bed seems so painfully small with the three of us in there. I'm going to add another goal - get a king size bed!
jojo2bee likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 08:28 AM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
- lose weight and get fit

-get Ty under control and more services

- get Lennox potty trained

- save money

- take a trip to Atlanta or Australia

- go up to my in-laws' land a lot this Spring and Summer as I only took the kids up there once. Also, take them to WI Dells for a weekend.
January 16th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
- Lose the last 6lbs relating to DS
- Lose the 20ishlbs I gained quitting smoking right before getting pregnant with DS
- Finish the spare room so DS can move into it
- Have DS sleep more so he can move out of our bed - I totally agree, I can barely handle DH in there when I'm pregnant!
- I'd like to finish redecorating the two upstairs bathrooms but that's a wish not a need

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 16th, 2013, 11:17 AM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
- Get back in shape
- Get credit cards paid off
- Save enough money so I can take 3 months off - I went back at 6 weeks PP with Pax. Luckily I work from home but he just got so much more FUN and active like RIGHT when I went back to work...I want to enjoy that.
- Have the NJ home sold so we can build down here

Okay, I'm overwhelmed now as I am waiting to POAS as I write this LOL
humnck likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Exciting! Let us know how it goes!
January 16th, 2013, 01:36 PM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I've been annoying my PR since MONDAY with pee stick pics. Totally negative...I think it's because I've been dieting. I'm 3 days late though and so hopeful...I keep stalking the Sept DDC LMAO!!
sweety_pie and Jessimaaka like this.

January 18th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
DH and I both have been ready for quite some time now, things just don't always work out like you would hope. I guess the only thing I would really like to accomplish before ttc is getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I have about 10 lbs to go. It's coming off very slowly.

January 18th, 2013, 05:12 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't even list off everything that we SHOULD be doing before ttc our last baby!

BUT we kinda threw caution to the wind this cycle (was so hard to NOT) So I'm in the tww technically!

If it doesn't happen this month, then I will have to get some will power and stick to getting stuff we need DONE! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 18th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
-getting a fresh start with our credit, which we are starting tomorrow

-eating better... I do all of the cooking and food shopping in the house, and the last week we have started cutting out a lot of red meat and piling on more veggies and chicken, and we are all starting to feel better!
helios likes this.
January 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
BUT we kinda threw caution to the wind this cycle (was so hard to NOT) So I'm in the tww technically!
Very exciting! Throwing caution to the wind - that's how I had my first
January 23rd, 2013, 02:05 AM
Rammas08's Avatar Samantha =)
Some goals that I would like to accomplish before TTC (I'm trying to stay busy so our last year here will go by quick too!)

-DH to make the next Rank (he tests in a few weeks and we will find out if he made it in June)
-Half Marathon in March
-Run a full Marathon in April
-Perimeter Run in April (It's where everyone runs the perimeter of the island 49 miles)
- We are currently doing Dave Ramsey's Money Makeover... so have all consumer debt paid off by September
-KoKo Half Marathon in Oct
-Receive a promotion by end of Nov for myself.
-Compete in a Figure competition in Nov with DH
-Graduate with Second Master's in Dec
-Save 30K by Feb 2014
-Travel to either Australia or China before we leave
April 4th, 2013, 05:21 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Goals

-Loose at least 25pounds that I have gained since last fall.
-Pay off credit cards
-Get my Divorce completely finalized we had to be separated a year before we can file which will be Aug 1st! Also get Justin (my bf) Divorce finalized his can be filed in June. That is a huge thing that bothers me I guess I just dont want people to think bad of us or anything i dont know.
-Work on going back to college
-Get a house big enough for all of us.
-A HUGE thing I want to happen is for my bf to get a lawyer and get it fixed so I can be around his daughter right now the custody agreement states neither him nor his ex can have there SO's around her. He has a step daughter with his ex that he has raised since she was 6 months (she is going to be 5 this month) I want to be able to be in her life as well because he is such a huge part of her life. However his ex is a total B* about it all and hates me and says it will be over her dead body before she allows me in there life. Just upsets me because during christmas i bought them both a ton a gifts and if i get Zoe something like a shirt thats on sale I get them one and send it with Justin when he goes to see them. I just wish she would see I am not a bad person and I don't want to take her kids I just want to be a part of their lives. (sorry for the long rant on that one!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search