Have you ever...? (Bit of a rant)

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Just wanted to throw caution to the wind sometimes when baby fever hits? Although I just joined this forum, we have been waiting for six months already to ttc. Now that its getting so close, its like every time I go out it seems like so many women are pregnant. Not to mention, we have had two couples in my husband's friend circle who have gotten pregnant and were totally unplanned and unwanted. I have heard both of these ladies complain about how they don't want to be pregnant, how sick they feel, etc. I just want to slap them! I know we are doing the right thing by waiting, as we are better off financially than we were 6 months ago, but I'm just ready now. Ugh
January 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Before I got pregnant with my DD, I felt the same way! We actually planned on WTTC until May, but got pregnant with her in January, because we "threw caution to the wind." lol

We both had the baby fever bad. Our friends had just had their first baby in December, so it was that event that kind of made us a bit careless..hehe
helios likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

January 19th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Dealing with some serious baby fever here lately too! DH is excited, at least I can tell. We weren't planning to tell anyone other than family that we were ttc, and his best friend walked up to me yesterday asking when we decided we were going to start trying!I'm seriously trying to shake it for the time being, but it's hard with all of the babies around!
January 20th, 2013, 04:43 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally get how you feel, we were planning on waiting until May to ttc, but we just threw caution to the wind this cycle!! It was just too hard to resist!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 21st, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes!! March will be hard for me, it's the first time DH will be home during ovulation and I'll have to try my hardest not to give in.
It doesn't help at all that my best friend is TTC and wants us to be pregnant at the same time, our daughters are 13 months apart.

January 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanta.number2 View Post
Just wanted to throw caution to the wind sometimes when baby fever hits? Although I just joined this forum, we have been waiting for six months already to ttc. Now that its getting so close, its like every time I go out it seems like so many women are pregnant. Not to mention, we have had two couples in my husband's friend circle who have gotten pregnant and were totally unplanned and unwanted. I have heard both of these ladies complain about how they don't want to be pregnant, how sick they feel, etc. I just want to slap them! I know we are doing the right thing by waiting, as we are better off financially than we were 6 months ago, but I'm just ready now. Ugh

I did that with my first

Right now I occasionally have moments where I think it would be fun to just go for it spontaneously, but I don't feel as ready as I did with number one, so I am holding back. Totally know how you feel though!
January 21st, 2013, 11:24 AM
WELL, apparently DH decided to "go for it" last night without telling me before hand, lol. I ended up giving him this dumbfounded look, and all he could say was, "Oops". (complete smart***) And now he is absolutely sure I'm pregnant because I'm in my fertile window, and he has "super extreme turbo soldiers who will penetrate any egg, anywhere" LOL. (Sometimes I wonder how it is I live with such sarcasm)
January 21st, 2013, 11:45 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
LOL at super extreme turbo soldiers! Fingers crossed for a happy oops
January 21st, 2013, 02:10 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes I do feel that way once in a while. I think it would be fun until right when we are about to do it and then reality sets in and I'm like, hmm nah maybe we better use protection lol

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 22nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Because we don't really care when it happens, and it's sort of a joke waiting for such silly reasons, most of the time we DTD there comes a point where we have to really decide how things end.
January 23rd, 2013, 01:55 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did that before ttc my son, we also had waited to wttc haha but when it got a bit closer we just ntnp but didn't really have an exact timeframe for starting ttc but ended up starting earlier then originally planned..... to much baby fever lol and I have a feeling it will happen again this time aroundlol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search