Hi and questions..

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Veteran
Well hello ladies, I've been mostly lurking since joining this board, but I decided I should join in on the WTTC board a little bit.. since well I am waiting to TTC. We are planning to start ttc'ing in the fall, maybe before depending on how things go.

Anyways I have a few question about charting. Since I'll be ttc'ing in a few months I figured I should start maybe temping and checking cm, just so I get to know my body better since I've never done that before. How do you check your cm? when is the best time during the day to do it?Which site is the easiest to use for charting ?

Thanks in advance
February 5th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Welcome I took my BBT and just wrote it down so I can't help you very much, but I would encourage starting now, it will help you narrow down your fertile period and take out a lot of the guesswork once you start TTCing

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 5th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
when i charted my bbt i would check it right when i woke up in the am around 5:30. i never checked my cm though.
February 5th, 2013, 08:33 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For temping you are supposed to do it right when you wake up before you even get out of bed. TMI For the cm as I also check my cervix position I wash my hands first and then check and usually will have cm on my finger and see what it is like. If I don't do that I will just wipe and inspect the toilet paper a few times a day when I am getting closer to ovulation. Which for me is cd 11 or cd 12.

I hope that helps.
February 5th, 2013, 11:12 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I did all that stuff when I was TTC my son. Temping needs to be done in the am once you wake up, around the same time everyday to like within an hour. I would set my alarm clock for the sametime everyday and just go back to sleep after if it was a day off lol. It also helps if you get at least 4 hours before, thats when it wll give best results.

As for CM ad CP, I would just do the same as Simone, but would check with my finger once daily for sure.

I also used OPK's and would start testing with them a few days before I figured ovulation would happen and would stop after I got a neg result after getting the pos of course.

I would diffently recomed start charting now. It will help you to understand your cycle better and help to recoginize any problems before hand as well.

I dont knowif you have a special way of charting but we have one on here that I had used when I was TTC, then I made my own more detailed around my persona needs. but heres te link jus in case!

Get pregnant, pregnancy, baby names, kids, tweens, teens, family and parenting on JustMommies

February 6th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I really liked fertilityfriend.com It also has a charting course that will help you learn how to properly chart. They have a phone app too!

I charted when I got pregnant with my DD. I really liked having the information of when I conceived, etc.

The biggest thing with charting is to make sure you use a basal body thermometer and temp at the same time each morning, before you get out of bed and start moving around.

February 6th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Veteran
Awesome, thank you ladies for the great info

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search