Obsessing over when you DONT want to TTC?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 11:50 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am avoiding September because, I have 2 september babies and hubby is september. That month is just boring for having babies/birthday month, in my opinion.

You have the baby than it immediately gets cold, you are stuck inside with a infant all the way to spring. Horrible, not to mention pregnant all summer, but that part is the least of my worries. I would try to avoid a november/december baby aswell. Too many holidays. The kids birthday would get lost in the hustle and bustle, of the thanksgiving/christmas rush. No thank you!

I would love an march/April/may/june baby. Those months sound great for new life. I am an april baby and loved that birthday.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
February 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really do not want another Dec baby or even a Jan or Feb - I don't like being stuck indoors with a newborn in the winter. My first was a June baby and I loved how it all worked out but would have preferred not to have been PP all the rest of the summer (never got to swim!). I really really want an April baby next - that way I can recover and be out but its not too hot yet and no long winter to deal with either.

One of the reasons we are waiting until Aug is so I can enjoy my summer without being pregnant/morning sickness. We have a lot of trips planned this yr so I don't want to be sick then.

February 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love to have the baby be due anywhere from March-October. I've always really, really wanted an October baby, but anywhere from that timeframe is good. I do not want another baby so close to the holidays. My son's birthday is in the beginning of January. Everyone is exhausted from the holidays and there's not many birthday party options with the weather so cold. Plus I would love to enjoy my maternity leave in nice weather. My daughter was born in March and everything was just warming up. It was perfect and I loved going out and doing things with her.

March 9th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Regular
Hey Urchin, you're not the only one who wants to avoid certain months, believe me! lol. I do that too.
WTTC #3

March 16th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I have to avoid being due in July (too many family birthdays, and don't want Big Boy to have to share his birthday), December (Little Boy's birthday and Christmas). I wouldn't mind having another summer baby, although having Little Boy in December meant I was quite warm through the snow.

I've been really into the Chinese Lunar calendar thing lately so I play with that a lot.. much to PS's annoyance.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 18th, 2013, 01:51 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well considering I only have a 50% chance of being able to conceive naturally again due to DH issues I would be extremely grateful for anything including a difficult pregnancy. I think this is how most people faced with fertility issues would feel. Ive been on both sides.... conceiving easily and having fertility issues. I never had and never will have a month or season preferance. I am all for planning financially or around a life situation but picking and choosing which month seems like loosing focus of the main point that a child is a blessing. There are too many people out there who struggle or cannot have their own children at all that I would feel so ungrateful to complain about when I was pregnant or when my child was born. It is kind of sad to hear people say they dont want a baby certain months because of vacations and too many Bdays and other petty things when so many people would go through anything to have a baby at anytime a year and skip vacations and whatever else it too. Not trying to say anyone is right or wrong but most people if face with fertilty issues would change their view VERY quickly. That is just how I feel about this topic.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Last edited by ~ Nicole ~; March 18th, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
March 18th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Nicole ~ View Post
well considering I only have a 50% chance of being able to conceive naturally again due to DH issues I would be extremely grateful for anything including a difficult pregnancy. I think this is how most people faced with fertility issues would feel. Ive been on both sides.... conceiving easily and having fertility issues. I never had and never will have a month or season preferance. I am all for planning financially or around a life situation but picking and choosing which month seems like loosing focus of the main point that a child is a blessing. There are too many people out there who struggle or cannot have their own children at all that I would feel so ungrateful to complain about when I was pregnant or when my child was born. It is kind of sad to hear people say they dont want a baby certain months because of vacations and too many Bdays and other petty things when so many people would go through anything to have a baby at anytime a year and skip vacations and whatever else it too. Not trying to say anyone is right or wrong but most people if face with fertilty issues would change their view VERY quickly. That is just how I feel about this topic.
I am so sorry you have to struggle with infertility. I cannot imagine how difficult that struggle would be, and my heart goes out to you immensely.

I can totally understand why you feel the way you do, but that being said, you shouldn't minimize how people feel about the topic because you or others have a different experience. I can't base everything I feel in life on the fact that someone somewhere has it more difficult than me.

I feel sympathy for everyone going through anything difficult. Some things may seem trivial when you have trouble conceiving, like those of us who think about things like when we want or don't want kids...but for us, these are very legitimate feelings, thoughts and experiencing. Just as legitimate and important as your struggles with infertility are to you.

It *is* important to me to try to choose when I want to have a child, because I feel that having a child at a certain time in my life will drastically effect my future child, my current child and the rest of my family's life. I want the best for my family, and having a baby at the right time is something important to me.

Now I am not saying one is harder or easier or more or less important.

You can't just "tsk tsk" people because someone else, somewhere in the world has it harder.
stresswife likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Last edited by Urchin; March 18th, 2013 at 05:57 AM.
March 18th, 2013, 08:55 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
I'm really sorry to hear about your struggles with infertility, Nicole. I can't even imagine how tough that would be, and I can totally understand how the responses in this thread would sound petty to you.

I think a thread like this is mostly just for fun, and most of us realize that no matter how much planning we do, things may not work out the way we want. Personally, I have a lot of fun planning and thinking about what it would be like to have a baby at certain times of the year (summer, spring, etc), or what it will be like for the child to have a birthday during a certain month, but I also totally understand the reality of human reproduction. Getting pregnant and having children adds such a large amount of unpredictability to our lives, that I think it is only natural to try to plan and feel an element of control over something we really don't have much control over at all. I think it is just part of human nature, and not at all petty, although, again, I can understand why it might look that way to someone who has struggled with infertility.
March 24th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I am majorly obsessing. I don't want to be due in December (too close to xmas), I don't want to be due in Jan or Feb b/c it's winter and my MW needs to be able to get up our steep hill (homebirth). March is my 2nd dd's bday, April is like... all my siblings, their SO's and their children's birthmonth... May is great, June is fine July is fine, August is not fine and honestly, I'd prefer Sept/Oct due to weather, gardening, "hibernating" with a newborn in winter etc...

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search