Obsessing over when you DONT want to TTC?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I know I am being silly, because in reality I'd take a baby whenever God decides to bless me with another, but I seriously obsess over the months that I DONT want to get pregnant.

I keep re-calculating when we should start TTC because there are certain months I don't want to have a baby.. lol

Right now, I have out tentative TTC date starting around the end of June, beginning July.
Given that schedule I'd be due in the following months:

Pregnant in June - Due in March
P in July - D in April
August - May
September - June
October - July
November - August
December - September

BUT I am trying to avoid getting pregnant in January, February, March or April because I really don't want DD to have to share her birthday month (October) and I don't want a winter/xmas baby.

SO foolish I know...but honestly, if I didn't have those "preferences," we would have ended up TTC by now, because DH has the baby fever. lol

Anyone else obsess over weird things like this when they consider TTC?

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

February 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do that too.. I can NOT have a summer baby..so May-July is out, that's when my step kids visit and it would just be chaos, not to mention that's their time with DH I don't wanna take that away from them with a new baby. I don't want another Feb Baby, I want separate birthdays.
Ideally I'd have a baby in Sept-November. or March or April.

February 7th, 2013, 08:09 AM
SO glad I am not the only one who does this. Hehe.

Ideally I'd love to have an April baby. DH and Audrina are October birthdays, and I am an april birthday..so I would love to add another April baby to the mix!

February 7th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Yes.
I am obsessed with avoiding a third trimester in summer. My R was born August 22 and July, June and Aug were miserable.I refuse to be due in June, July, August, September or even October. NEVER AGAIN. I also don't want an April baby if possible since my entire immediate family is April (by design of my parents using NFP).
February 7th, 2013, 09:32 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Haha, I totally obsess over which month to start TTC based on due dates. I definitely don't want another mid-winter baby so TTC in spring is out. Also, we are hoping to take a family trip to Europe this summer, and I definitely do not want to be pregnant when we go. I was pregnant last time I went to Europe, and it was so hot and sunny and everyone was drinking beer and I couldn't! No fun!

I'm trying to decide whether an early summer or fall baby would be best. I think a June baby would be really nice, especially since nobody in our entire extended family has a June bday. That means we have to conceive in September, which is ok, but TTCing in the winter might line up a bit better with some other things we have going on in our lives, so I don't know. Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJRPete View Post
Yes.
I am obsessed with avoiding a third trimester in summer. My R was born August 22 and July, June and Aug were miserable.I refuse to be due in June, July, August, September or even October. NEVER AGAIN. I also don't want an April baby if possible since my entire immediate family is April (by design of my parents using NFP).
I've been thinking about this too. I was SO HOT all the time during my last pregnancy, that the thought of being in the third trimester in the summer is a real turn off. I might not be able to avoid it this time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
SO glad I am not the only one who does this. Hehe.

Ideally I'd love to have an April baby. DH and Audrina are October birthdays, and I am an april birthday..so I would love to add another April baby to the mix!

I think the spring time would in general be the best time of year to have a newborn. Not too hot, but not too cold!
February 7th, 2013, 09:38 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by stresswife View Post
I do that too.. I can NOT have a summer baby..so May-July is out, that's when my step kids visit and it would just be chaos, not to mention that's their time with DH I don't wanna take that away from them with a new baby. I don't want another Feb Baby, I want separate birthdays.
Ideally I'd have a baby in Sept-November. or March or April.
I think it is awesome that you are being so sensitive to the needs of your stepkids!
February 7th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we only see them for two months a year, so if DH and I were trying to adjust to having a new born plus Audrey adjusting to a new baby... I feel like they would feel left out or pushed aside and I don't want that. We try to go do lots of outings and activities with them, If I was 8 or 9 months pregnant or JUST had a baby I just wouldn't wanna deal with all that .

February 7th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i do not want to have another summer baby. jill was born july 3rd and i would not want to do that again. i think it would be nice to have a spring baby like april or may. when we decide to TTC again i wont avoid months where i could have a summer baby but i would prefer to not have a baby july august or september, even october cause i would be very pregnant in the summer.
February 7th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Yep. I more focus on my favorite months. DD was due at the end of Nov and I didn't want a Nov baby, I like Dec's birthstone better, so I said from the beginning that she was gonna be late and she was nice enough to wait a week So this time I'm thinking about which months I do and don't like. I know it's silly, but it's nice to know I'm not alone!
February 7th, 2013, 04:07 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh yay! I do not want another sept baby, DH ad DS are both in sept. I dont want a nov, jan, feb baby eiter but I do ant a dec baby. My bday is december and I would love to sare the month with a baby like DH does with DS. I also would like a summer baby to. I feel so picky about ha ha!

February 7th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Me!! LOL.

DH is a farmer so there are certain months we really can't have a baby. I'll be the first to say that I do not look forward to having an infant in December/ January / February because our winters here are long and *cold*... But if our baby is ever going to see its father it has to be those months.

I may change my mind with subsequent children but especially with our first we would like it to be in the off farming season. Although, with our tentative schedule, it will have me highly pregnant for all the fall tractor work to be done and I'm not sure how well a pregnant lady will do bobbling around in heavy equipment all day!
February 7th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Never ever Want another Aug baby...it was brutal! We're hoping for a late April to June baby next Small window but we'll see
CJRPete likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 8th, 2013, 05:53 AM
I always hear from women that they hate being big and prego in the summer. I was due on October, so I was pretty far along during our summer months, but I didn't really mind it. I desperately wanted to go to the beach in my bikini to show off my baby belly, but due to my complications, I ended up on the sofa most of the summer. lol

February 8th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Not everyone swells, but I was not a pretty preggo in the summer

Here are my feet in May 2012 when they started swelling:

And this was July 25, 2012, about 2.5 weeks before I gave birth:

Jess
February 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
That does not look fun!!! My sister was like that during the summer with her second who was due in September. She couldn`t even wear shoes. I was pretty lucky and didn't swell at all, although my little guy was born in January.
February 8th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Oh my goodness! Poor you!
I was very lucky, I didn't swell during the summer. The sweating was gross, but manageable.

February 8th, 2013, 10:39 AM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL oh I feel this is absolutely something to consider!! We moved to Charleston - I do NOT want to be pregnant anytime after April/May!!!

February 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I was not a fan!!!

Jess
February 8th, 2013, 10:55 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would rather avoid the winter months. We have a wood burning fireplace and it's really hard to keep the temperature up sometimes without constantly going out to the woodpile and bringing wood in, putting it on the fire every hour and so on. At night the temperature goes way down in the house and although we have heaters it is still cold. Just don't feel like dealing with that and a newborn

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
February 9th, 2013, 12:15 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Not before (conceive) May 2013...
Don't mind conceiving May 2013 making a Feb 2014 baby
(But we shall see if we'd even want to conceive that early our official discussion will only take place then )
June for a March kid.. Nahhhh
July for April yeah I don't mind April
August for another May baby yes but wouldn't wanna try for it since I haw a May baby
September for a June sure
October for a July baby.. Maybe
November for an August yep I think I'd try hard that month lol
December for a September baby.. Yep I'd try for that too
Don't want an October baby, November (maybe), December no since I have DD, DH and the crazy holidays that month.. And I really don't like a January baby
Lol so ur not crazy I think many of us think about these kind of things

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search