We set a TTC date--sort of. And IUD question

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GiddyUp Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 06:22 PM
We were thinking June, but DH's sister just found out she is expecting (her first ) so now we're looking at April so maybe we can have cousins close together. I have the paragard IUD (hormone free) and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I'm wondering if there is any kind of lingering affects of the copper on sperm or implantation? Should I plan to have it removed a cycle before we want to ttc? Or is it basically take it out and we're good to go?
February 7th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
No experience but good luck!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 7th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had mine taken out and the doc said I was fertile the moment it was removed. no linger affects for me except my cycle got shorter.

February 8th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Ooo yay for moving up your TTC date!

I have had the copper IUD twice now. I had it removed a few months before I got pregnant with my DD. I know a lot of people say different things, but personally, I would wait a cycle before actively TTC. For me, I just feel better getting the extra residue out of there before trying for a baby. You're fertile as soon as it comes out, but I've read that there's a slightly higher risk of miscarriage if you get pregnant the first cycle after it's removed. Not sure how accurate that is, but, just throwing out what info I've come across.

I plan on getting my IUD removed a month before we start TTC too!

February 8th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Thanks ladies And I think I'm going to do what you suggested, Urchin. I was wondering if miscarriage risks were a little higher that first cycle, and think I'll feel better letting everything clear out for a cycle.
February 8th, 2013, 01:09 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
GiddyUp Mama please KUP! I'll be getting my IUD out in May and TTC starting in June. I also have an IUD in, but mine is Mirena. It'll be 2 years for that next month.
February 8th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Definitely keep everyone posted, this is pretty much the only place I have to express my excitement and anticipation
February 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I agree wait a cycle. And yay for moving your ttc date sooner! Good luck and KUP!

February 12th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Had my annual today and the Dr actually went ahead and removed the paragard when I asked about it. DH actually suggested it (rather than having to have a second appt). He said he recommended waiting a month before ttc so that any inflammation could go away. So next month I guess we'll be NTNP
February 13th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddyUp Mama View Post
Had my annual today and the Dr actually went ahead and removed the paragard when I asked about it. DH actually suggested it (rather than having to have a second appt). He said he recommended waiting a month before ttc so that any inflammation could go away. So next month I guess we'll be NTNP
Oh wow! You must be very excited!

I got my first IUD out early, about 7-8 months before we *planned* on TTC, and I got pregnant about 3 months later.. lol Didn't really make it to our TTC date!

Good luck with NTNP

February 13th, 2013, 08:25 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Very exciting! Enjoy your next month of NTNP
February 13th, 2013, 11:55 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Yay!! Good to know. And you also answered another question I had, which was if you could have your annual check-up and get your IUD taken out all at once.

Did you and your doc talk pre-conception stuff, too?
February 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search