We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
NTNP, at least every once in a while! But even that is a ways from happening. After my c/s I wound up in congestive heart failure. 4 months ago we lost my SIL within 24 hrs of c/s. Dh is more afraid than I am. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons we will wait until we have insurance and can make sure both of us are healthy. DD was a constant fight with Medicaid pregnancy and still wound up paying out of pocket a chunk.
I would really like to have 2 more I think, but Dh thinks he might be done. But I am ok with that to. Right now Dh and I have a long-term plan in place and we are remaining open to the way some things play out. To even think about seriously TTCing anytime in the near future is out of the picture. So we had some serious discussions about well "what if". We made some decisions that all end with we are going to make this work, no matter what. I love you and you are my best friend, trust me I can honestly say that our marriage has been to heck and back. My going back to hormonal BC is not an option. Also I don't really want to prevent, so I made him responsible for BC. There are always condoms available.
We are are of the risks, and have made the decision that if it happens we have tried to prevent. We love each other and while we aren't ready to try. Another munchkin to love on would be very welcomed and loved.
Wow! Sounds like you had quite a journey. Have the doctors said that it will be high risk for you to have another child?
I know that my DH is very apprehensive about TTC due to the fact that I had complications with my first pregnancy (not as serious as yours though) and he is very scared that it will happen next time too, or possibly be worse. That's a big reason we keep going back and forth on when to TTC. Maybe your husband is also struggling with that fear. Is it possible that you could have a vaginal birth next time? Will a c-section pose right for your heart if you need one again?
I am so sorry about your SIL as well. That is so awful that your families have had such trauma and heartbreak.
Dh is scared and frankly so am I. But we want to get about 80-100lbs off me and 50-90 off him. And until I can talk to a doc its a no go. But if it happens OK, if not that's OK to. We are not ready to actually NTNP because even though we needed MA to get preggers the problem was on my end. And since I'm about 20-40lbs lighter than I was then that problem seems better.
Wow you have had such a journey! Thats great to hear there was no heart damage! I also agree with urchin, it seems like your DH is just in that major fear mode which is understandable with everything that happen. Im so sorry about your SIL! I couldn't imagine the pain you have gone through. But I would just say talk to eachother about your feelings and wait on NTNP until you do talk to your doctor just to be extra safe