Are you sick of my flip-flopping yet?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I'm officially WTTC for at least another year girls! I was really excited to start this late summer with many of you, but some events have forced me to wait, and I'm ok with that.

I just got the news that (with some help) I will be having the tattoos on my wrists removed. They interfere with my current job (I ALWAYS need to wear long sleeves to keep them covered). Luckily I am getting some assistance by my employers to have them removed.

The process of having them removed may take well over a year and a half, and I cannot TTC or be pregnant while having them removed.

Now I will be forced to wait, which is ok with me. As much as I wanted to TTC sooner, it will be better in the long run to have a bit of a bigger gap between kids.

SO ya'll are stuck with me for much longer now Gotta update my ticker! lol

March 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That's ok, we like you Glad to see you'll be sticking around Who knows, you could still end up in a DDC with some of us!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
totally not sick of it! It's such a hard decision to begin with, and it's good that you are considering everything.

Let us know how the removal goes! A guy I worked with got a tattoo on his finger removed and it worked pretty well.
March 5th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Aw, thanks gals!

I'm pretty nervous about the removal, but hopeful that it will all go well. I'm going to take pictures during the process to document the whole journey!

I will be SO happy to be able to wear short sleeves at work. It will actually benefit future-pregnant me. The last time I was pregnant, the summer was BRUTAL when I had to wear long sleeves constantly. llol

March 6th, 2013, 05:28 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope it hours well! I have a few I would like to eventually remove. KUP on how it goes! Good luck and bye-bye long sleeved shirts!

March 7th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Thanks gals! I have my first session today. I am really scared. I have read a lot about tattoo removal, and sometimes the tattoos need SO MANY laser treatments. I'm hoping it will only take 10 treatments (which will be about a year's worth of treating).

I am really hoping it goes well!

March 7th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Good luck today!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 8th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Thanks gals!

I had my first session yesterday during my lunch break. Like I said, I was pretty scared.

I won't lie, it was really painful. Essentially what the laser does is target the ink pigment and "smash" the molecules up until they are small enough that the body can absorb them and drain them through your lymph system.

The "smashing" of the ink molecules hurts. It's like a cross between being snapped really hard with an elastic band and being splattered with hot oil. Luckily, the process was really fast. It was maybe 10-15 minutes and then I was done.

Afterwards my wrists felt like I had burned them with scalding water, but I took a tylenol and after 45 minutes I felt fine. They were swollen last night and still a bit today. Just a little sore. The pink star is more sore and a little bloody..but very tolerable.

If I respond well, I may be able to return as soon as 4 weeks for my next session.

I am so hopeful that these tattoos will be able to disappear.

I'm going to post some pic soon my blog this weekend some time to document the progress.

March 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds very painful! Ouch! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost and what size was the area? I hate the tattooi have on my back and would love to get it removed. Does the area scar after all the treatments? Hope you feel better.

March 8th, 2013, 11:41 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Ouch! Thats yucky! Im glad it seems to be doing its job though and I hope it does remove them for you!

March 9th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy View Post
That sounds very painful! Ouch! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost and what size was the area? I hate the tattooi have on my back and would love to get it removed. Does the area scar after all the treatments? Hope you feel better.

The place i go to charges $225 per sesson, no matter what the size. some places charge per square inch.

my tattoos are stars...probably three inches at the widest point.

they use a qswitch laser which is the best in the industry right now. they can target most ink colors. There is a risk of scarring but its usually minimal.

March 11th, 2013, 08:42 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Ouch! Hopefully they fade quickly and you don't need too many sessions!
April 4th, 2013, 05:10 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have also flipped flopped back and forth alot lol

Hate to hear about your tattoos but at least you getting help to get them removed! If you don't mind my asking what type of work do you do?

I look forward to getting to know all you guys while we are WTTC!
April 4th, 2013, 05:52 AM
I work as an administrative assistant, and I am also considering going back to school for finish my BEd...so for either career path, I would benefit from having them gone!
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 05:54 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cool!

Well I hope it goes as fast and painless as possible for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search