When you announce?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Just for fun question! Are you going to let anyone know you are ttc,and when you get pregnant when do you plan to announce?

We don't plan to tell anyone we are ttc and don't plan to announce our pregnancy until sometime between 16 to 20 weeks when we find out what baby is. Since this will be baby number five and with the other kiddos we announced early on, we want it to be our little secret together for a while. What about you?
April 22nd, 2013, 03:43 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
we probably won't announce when we are TTC. I just dont need peopke knowing that much about us IRL lol. we will tell people (other than family) when we are pregnant around 12 weeks
last time i told my employers around 6 weeks ...i was too excited lol. id like to hold off next time tho if possible.

April 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I'll tell anyone we are TTC. We waited till around 2 months to tell friends, told family right away, I told my boss at 12 weeks. And didn't announce the second one on facebook until 20 weeks and we found out the gender. Next time, I will just do whatever I feel like lol.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
April 24th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
We are not going to announce that we are TTC.. our families can be mouthy and we don't need their input on our decisions.

Once we are expecting.. I'd like to wait until we are out of the first trimester, but we will probably tell close family earlier than that.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

April 30th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I'd like to wait until we find out the sex of the baby but it's hard to hide from everyone in this military community. I'm sure I'll be showing long before then and then someone will go blab their mouth on Facebook lol. This will be baby #4 and I'm not looking forward to the responses when we announce. I've convinced everyone that I'm getting my tubes tied. My mom just might loss her mind when she finds out. lol
April 30th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We won't announce that we are TTCing...only my JM ladies know that hahaha.

We will go "fb public" at the end of the 1st trimester, but our families we will tell sooner. Last time, we found out Dec 5, and waited till Christmas to tell our families (about 7ish weeks).

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 1st, 2013, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We won't announce when we are TTC with a planned announcement. We will tell family members if they ask us though. With DD with told DH's brother and his wife right off, but we had to. They came to visit us for a weekend and would've been blaringly obvious when I didn't drink. We didn't tell anyone else until 12 weeks. Even then the day we told his dad I wound up in the ER gushing blood with a subchroinic hemorrage.

This time we probably won't tell anyone until we find out gender, unless I start really showing early.

May 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
We won't announce that we are TTC, although my sisters and SIL know it's a possibility. I won't announce the pregnancy until the second trimester.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
May 4th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We wont tell anyone we are TTC and likely wont announce pregnancy until 16-20 weeks too. I usually wait until about then to tell non family, family after 12 weeks. I was actually 23 weeks along before I announced last time.
May 5th, 2013, 07:26 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
With Frankie we told my family right away and then everyone else at 9 weeks after our 1st ultrasound. The next one, we will do a little differently, we won't tell any family until we have our ultrasound and won't tell anyone else till we know the gender. Since there was so much excitement for the first baby, since he was the first, I feel like I need to do something to make the 2nd one exciting too. I want to think of a fun pregnancy reveal to do for our family.

May 15th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We won't be telling anyone we are TTC except maybe my sisters - if they ask. With DD1 we told family almost as soon as I got the BFP - we were so excited. With DD2, we told our parents right away and our siblings a couple of weeks later. We actually had DD1 tell everyone she was going to be a big sister by putting her in a Big Sis shirt, not everyone got it so she had to point it out...lol! We did an FB announcement around the end of the 1st trimester with DD2, with DD1 it was around 10 weeks when we knew we were as much in the clear as you can be. I can't keep things a secret and I find it easier for people to know if something happens (I have been through a couple of somethings happening), so friends and family will know probably after the 1st u/s around 8 weeks. Parents will know probably as soon as I get the BFP. I'm not sure how I will reveal this time, but I love doing fun things! I can't keep it a secret long enough from DH to tell him in a fun way, I am going to try my hardest though! With DD2, I just left the test on the counter in the bathroom while he was in the shower, when he came out, he was brushing his teeth and he finally saw it (I jumped back in bed like I was still sleeping), he just kept saying there are 2 lines, did you know there are 2 lines...lol!

May 16th, 2013, 07:29 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I probably won't tell anybody that we are TTC or pregnant, until 12 weeks. I've never waited before but I believe I would this time.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
May 26th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I would probably wait 'til the second trimester or so to announce it to everyone (Facebook), but we'd tell my parents & his family probably immediately...and make sure that they don't go telling people.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search