OT: Wedding Planning Help

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Regular
As some of you may remember, I got engaged recently and am currently in the wedding planning process. OMG I am sooo overwhelmed and stressed! I really have no idea where to go from here. We have the date and location picked. I have colors, bridesmaids, and ideas galore! But I'm stuck on what I need to do from here. I'm hoping to wear my Aunt's wedding dress that was handmade by my grandmother. I go Monday to try it on and see what alterations need to be made. My girls and I were supposed to be going this evening to look for their dresses. But because this is me, that fell through. My maid of honor's ex husband isn't getting their kids tonight like he was supposed to and she has no babysitter (that's fine. I understand and am not upset about that at all.) My other 2 girls however, they've irked me. S told me earlier this week she may not be able to afford to buy the dress this week if we were to find one, which I was fine with and understood just like I do with T's reason for not being able to go. But then the night after she told me that she text and asked if I wanted to go to the mall with her one night this week because she wants to go to Forever 21 to see if she can find some dresses to wear at the beach (Now, keep in mind we're looking for their dresses at the mall instead of a bridal shop to try and save some money....the same mall she just asked me to go shopping at). Then there's C. She apparently also planned a date for tonight. Okay, sorry for the mini vent. Anyways, I just need some advice on where to go from here. I have help, tons of it! But I don't know how to ask for help because I don't know what I need help with or where to begin with what I need help with. Does that make sense?

So I'm really hoping some of you all that have done this can help me out some and hopefully make my head stop spinning in a million different directions. My wedding is less than 4 months away and I have nothing done! Thank you all in advance and sorry that got so long.
June 24th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Do sorry to hear your bridesmaids are being so difficult. I wouldn't give them much of an opportunity to continue to be so difficult. I would flat out tell them that you do not need the added stress. Either they try to work with you, or don't be in the wedding.

As far as tasks, do you have a list of all the things you need done? I started getting overwhelmed when I was wedding planning and found the best way to deal was to make a list of every single thing that needed to be done and when. Everything from booking photographer, ordering flowers, picking out dresses, etc. Give yourself a deadline to have each thing done. Designate if possible. Do you have family members that could help with decorating? Or are you hiring someone for that? Do you have favours chosen and bought? Rings sized? officiant hired? vows chosen?

Having everything listed out will help you calm down and save you from forgetting anything.

June 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a wedding organizer for myself, it was really helpful and reminded me of what I should be doing, when I should do it, etc. And just remember, if it doesn't get done, no one will notice! That was the best advice I got while planning my own wedding!

Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search