A couple questions

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
1st time mom
Sorry if this post has gone around, Im new to this board!

So me and my husband just had a little girl in February, and she is now 4 months old! But already I am thinking about having another! We want to wait till he gets a teaching job and probably till we move into a bigger house.. so I am not positive when that will be. We had originally discussed waiting till our daughter is 2 or 3 years old but Im thinking we wont wait more than a year and a half.

I am curious as to why people are waiting, and also how many of you who are waiting already have children?
June 24th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 2 children, we are waiting for a couple of reasons - 1 being that we both work and we pay for daycare, daycare costs are really high, so we want to wait until DD1 is in school so cost of daycare drops before we add a 3rd to the mix. 2 - I prefer not to have more than 1 baby in diapers 3 - I like to get my body back before having another, makes it easier health wise, actually my doc (not that I always listen to her) said that 2 years is the best for our bodies to "get back to normal"...whatever that means!
June 24th, 2013, 08:31 PM
1st time mom
That's interesting I didn't know that! I do love having my body be my body and wearing all of my clothes, and being able to drink coffee.. But seriously I'd give that all up to have another little one. All the things I thought would bother me before I got pregnant dont bother me now that she's here.
June 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I have one 21 month old daughter

We're waiting because we're very happy with the one child we have for now. We did go through a phase of wanting another when she was like 6 months old. ..and we sometimes go back and forth about if and when we want another.

Another reason we are waiting is because I had hydronephrosis with my first pregnancy and I just cannot imagine having a small child and going through that again.

The final reason is because I am currently undergoing tattoo removal, which may take a year or more to complete. I cannot get pregnant while we're doing that.

Our plan for now is to wait until next year before we consider TTC. We may decide at that point to put it off further..we'll see.

June 26th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would give it up for another baby too, however, I just want to make sure that my body is ready for another. I have been through losses and the thought of going through another terrifies me. The main driver for us, though, is the cost of daycare! We could pay another mortgage for the price of daycare for both girls

June 28th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
We have two little boys. One is 2.5 and the other will be 6mths the 8th of July

I would love to NTNP the fall, around September but DH isn't ready for another. He wants to wait 3-4yrs, which sucks because I've always wanted all my kids close in age. I'm ok with waiting for now but I would really want to TTC/NTNP by the time DS2 is 18mths.

Reasons I'm ok with waiting for now
1- I want to lose weight before adding more
2- We need a bigger house
3- Some things have been going on with DH medically wise so I've had to be alone with the boys 97% of the time so I feel like a single parent a lot so I want to wait until everything has settled down with that, which hopefully will be soon.
June 30th, 2013, 03:15 PM
1st time mom
I would love to loose the rest of my pregnancy weight before starting over again.. I can't imagine getting bigger than I did the last time. And yes daycare is super expensive.. I stay at home with my little one and if we have another then there is no chance for me to go back to work because it just wouldn't be doable on the income I would be bringing in.
July 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
We are waiting because it honestly is a bad time. My husband transfers to a new duty station next summer, and with this being my first pregnancy/parenting experience, I do not want to take on moving god knows how far as well. Though we may TTC on the move
July 1st, 2013, 11:32 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
We have two DSD is almost 5 and DS is almost 3. We are waiting because we are having a wedding ceremony/reception (we got married back in Feb) in December.

July 1st, 2013, 06:28 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have 2 girls, 3 and 18 months. We are waiting for a number of reasons:
1) I need dental work done
2) I am still nursing my 18 month old and really do not want to end that yet- I dried up last time when I was nursing and got pregnant.
3) We have our hands full and I want to give them the attention they need before adding another needy baby. Our girls are high needs, high energy with demanding temperaments. At the end of the day I am spent. I do not feel a pregnancy would be wise physically for me at this time while still being able to handle my other 2 (namely, my youngest).

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

July 1st, 2013, 08:30 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We have three kiddos (3.5, 21mo, and 7 weeks).

We are waiting for pretty boring reasons:
-Baby is nursing and I won't get a period for quite a while (forced waiting)
-I want baby to have at least 18 months of being the baby (before newbie is born)
-We like the 18m-2year gap and want to repeat it
-I currently can't even imagine being preggo again...as much as I love it, I am still exhausted from it! (We did have a very complicated end of it)
-Three is a lot of kids for the moment
July 4th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing really in particular.... I'd like to buy a house and have a new car before I get PG again, but in reality we wont be ready to buy a house by then but we will a few mo later, so just as long as we have one by the time I deliver... Also we will be actively trying/swaying for a girl and I'd like about 3 mo of prep for that. Actually, I'm still BFing DS and plan to wean at about 18 mo, when we start TTC and both the BFing and the diet I'm eating due to his food allergies both sway pink so we could start sooner if we wanted.
July 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Welcome my name is Emma!

We are waiting for many reasons, first is we have a blended family, and we have only blended our family this year. We are in the process of buying a home, once we are in we need to renovate and that will take us 6 months or so, before we have the room for another. The next is I want to lose weight, I am also a bridesmaid in November 2014, and lastly I am going back to school next year to become a Nurse, I want to wait until I have finished my diploma and have worked long enough to get paid paternity leave

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
July 21st, 2013, 05:11 PM
The Truth is out There
I have one 7 month old daughter, and I'm SO ready to have more. We'd like to have at least 3 more, probably more.
Really we're waiting on a better financial situation. I just got a part-time job, and I'm going to taking college classes this semester and will hopefully be able to get a full-time job. Or maybe DH will be able to get a better-paying job.
I'd also like to be in shape. I only gained 4 pounds with my pregnancy (morning sickness throughout ALL 9 months. MAJOR SUCK.) but I'm so out of shape.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search