What are you waiting on?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2pne
  • 1 Post By LUSHaye
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By AppleSugarSuz
  • 1 Post By steampunkgoddess
  • 1 Post By May14th2011
  • 1 Post By Excited_mommy
  • 1 Post By irishblessing
  • 1 Post By meld10
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By princessmelissa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any TTC goals or reasons for waiting versus ttc sooner?
July 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to get this bogus disorderly charge against me dropped ( got because I wanted to know why they called CPS for the 4th time this past school year) and get Ty back in our home when he is well enough to.
THE angry uterus likes this.
July 14th, 2013, 09:28 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I work at a school, so really I'd love to have the birth timed around that. That can be difficult though.
I really want a fall/early winter baby, too, so waiting until the end of this year would be nice.
July 14th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I'm just flat-out not ready.

That and we JUST purchased a new home...like all the conditions were met on Friday and our closing date is the 24th of July! It's awesome, because I wanted a new home with all the bedrooms on one level...and with our new home, that's what I got

The downside is that I NEED to keep working a little while longer before I can have another baby. If we have a second child before Audrina starts school, I don't know how we'll swing it. Having two kids in daycare is so expensive that it doesn't make sense for me to work. I'd essentially be working full-time for $100 a week.. lol

We're not yet in a position for me to stay home from work and be a SAHM, so unless DH's income goes way up, we'll just be sticking with one child for a few more years!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Regular
WTTC #3

Last edited by AppleSugarSuz; July 14th, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
July 14th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Regular
Urchin- Congrats on your new home, that must feel awesome . I was recently in a position where I had the opportunity to work full-time but was also faced with the 2 kids in daycare problem. It's way too expensive and would only increase our income a small amount too, lol. I think it's good that you're being cautious; it's good to avoid added stress if you can. Is the work issue the only thing holding you back though?
WTTC #3

July 14th, 2013, 07:24 PM
steampunkgoddess's Avatar TTC #1!
The military will be moving us sometime next summer. Between now and then we want to get out of debt (which will be easily accomplished by the end of the year), and build up a savings while I have a job. Who knows if and how long it will take me to locate employment when we move. Then October we will have the list of places we might get to move and have to research that, then comes a trip back home for a week in mid-October than the crazy holiday season. February/March 2014 we will officially know where we are going and then we have to research places to live and start planning to move to god knows where, possibly to somewhere we have never been.

I could not imagine trying to do all that pregnant and possibly driving 3000 miles 9 months pregnant or with a newborn as first time parents.

July 14th, 2013, 08:05 PM
The Truth is out There
We'd like to be living on our own (which will be happening in the next month) and we'll probably wait until DH makes manager or gets a raise. Right now I'm only working part-time, which is almost not worth it, just because of childcare costs alone, but we NEED the extra to have our own place.
I'd love to start trying soon, but I doubt the money conditions will be met. We'll see

July 14th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are waiting for George to get a little older. He still needs to breast feed for the extra nutrients but I plan to and hope to wean when we start ttc. I also want to get a house bit I've been living debt free for so long I no longer have a credit score so I have to establish some credit. >.< in the mean time the fever has been hitting HARD these past few weeks!!
July 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
1st time mom
We are waiting 1. For Kylie to get older 2. For us to get a house 3. For Eric to get his teaching job
July 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are mainly waiting for Dominic to be a bit older, and so we can go on a vacation next spring without me being pregnant or having a newborn. I also want to see how my dad's health is (he has cancer) and finish our spare room. Less dept would be great too!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 15th, 2013, 12:34 PM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are waiting to finish some home renovations, get a bit more savings in the bank and to allow a delivery date that will give us a full summer where we can still get some work done around the house before the baby comes.

I'm hoping that joining this forum will help me get motivated to get into the best shape and as healthy as I can before TTC.
July 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are waiting for
1. DD2 to be closer to 2.5ish when baby is born
2. for DD1 to be in school so daycare costs go down
3. for DH to finish school so that that bill goes away (that will be next May)
4. for DH to get a raise, which will hopefully be in about 4 months or less, or so he has been told, but sometimes these things don't go according to plan.

July 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
We are buying a farm, we want to renovate and chuck on a new room for us with on and walk in robes, another bedroom and an office (which we later plan on turning into babies nursery. We need to renovate other parts of the house and clear the land to grow walnut trees. I'm going back to school next year to become a nurse. My diploma will take 18 months and after that I need to work for 6 months before we start to TTC. I want to lose weight as well but I'm not that phased, I'm not obese just not where I'd like to be.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

July 16th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
We're waiting mostly because DH wants to wait 3-4yrs, until he finishes school. He is hopefully starting back this fall for a 2yr degree which will probably take him 3yrs since he has to take less classes at a time.

Since we're having to wait on that I am working on losing weight. I need to lose about 90lbs but I would like to lose 40lbs before we got pregnant again. And we need a bigger house, but that we will have soon hopefully .We're trying to find a 3br house to rent right now (we live in a families old 2br single wide now) which is a new thing for us! We are hoping to buy something in the next yr or two though.

BUT if DH said he wants me to get my IUD tomorrow I would lol.
July 19th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Veteran
The only major thing stopping us is my job... I want to be full-time permanent before I give birth. I've been working full-time for 3 years, but my status is only part-time permanent. Come on Feb 2015!

But, in the mean time I can work on other things too. Like losing 50 lbs, getting my diabetes in check, making sure I'm not taking any harmful meds, maybe applying for my master's degree, paying down a bit more debt, and getting some more training for our dog!

I hate waiting but I keep reminding myself that I'm doing the RIGHT thing... the SMART thing... and this is just one of many sacrifices I will have to make for my baby. <3

July 20th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are waiting on a couple of new/new to us vehicle, some house renovations/add ons, pay down/off some debt, lose 80-90lbs, get Dh out of school/employed, and a very other variables.

Its hard knowing that its going to be a couple of years before we can talk about setting an actual TTC date. But it will all be worth it when everything falls into place.

July 21st, 2013, 06:22 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Life to be the right moment? Dh and I keep going back and for the past 6mths with deciding to start and then stopping. He's building our cabin right now and there's a lot of things we need to do. I'm not going to ttc until I feel it's right in my gut so who knows when that'll be.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search