Do you tell people you are WTTC soon?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By meld10
  • 1 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 06:23 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If so who do you tell?
If not, why do you not want to tell?

In our case, I do not want to tell for a few reasons:
1. I don't want to feel pressure like people asking if we are pregnant yet if it takes time to conceive.
2. I kind of want the surprise effect when I tell people.
3. We recently got engaged but, and I know this might sound weird to more traditional/religious folks, I want to do the wedding after I have kids (we are not religious or very traditional and I find it more important to have my kids before I am 30 than being married before I have kids) and I don't want to have to answer all the family questions about ''Aren't you going to get married before you start trying for kids?''
THE angry uterus likes this.
July 18th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No. This will be #6 for me, and #3 for DH. I don't feel the status of my uterus is anyone's business anyway, but I don't think anyone will be very supportive. Only a few ppl know we might have another some ppl at work, and a friend, and DH did blurt it out to my SIL, but I think that is the extent. More people know then I would like to know at this time.
July 18th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I don't want to tell people. Sometimes it comes up at work (I work with lots of female co-workers of child-bearing age), and I just say we'll probably wait a couple of years.

DH has a habit of telling our friends when we want to TTC again.. but personally I'd rather just keep it a secret until we're 12 weeks pregnant. lol I just don't want the added pressure and the "are you pregnant yet!?" questions.

July 18th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't tell people when we are TTC. If someone asks if we are going to have another, I usually just say, "some day I think we will."

I posted that I was going to be aunt again the other on FB, after my sister announced it of course, and someone asked if that meant we were going to be having another soon too. Our first two are each 6-7 months apart. I just said, not any time soon, my BIL posted a sad face and I just simply said that the cost of daycare is high, DD1 needs to be in school first, plus I don't want 2 in diapers No one said anything after that...lol!
meld10 likes this.

July 18th, 2013, 10:13 AM
steampunk's Avatar TTC #1!
Heck no! Also not planning to say a world when we are TTC (except here of course). When I am three months pregnant then we will tell people.
July 18th, 2013, 04:43 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I have told our friends when we plan to TTC. We all talk about it so it's not a big deal. I don't really have issues telling people.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 18th, 2013, 06:00 PM
We made the mistake of telling people years ago we had to wait until a specific point in DH's career.... well we are approaching that point, and while we are thinking about TTC soon, I am starting to get pressured....

We have been open that we are warming to the idea of trying to those closest to us.
July 19th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We didnt tell but a few close friends/family when we TTC for MaryBeth. I dont think we will tell anyone when we TTC this time.

July 19th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Veteran
We've been married for 2 years... I think people naturally assume that we're TTC or are almost ready to TTC. But no, I don't volunteer the information. When people say "When are YOU going to have a baby?" I say "Give me a couple years".

July 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
No...and yes. Lol.

We don't tell people our timeline, no specifics. But with close family (my mom, my cousins) and good friends, I'll say we are planning another with similar spacing as our other ones. So it wouldn't take rocket science to do the math and come up with sometime Summer-Fall of 2014 being our TTC timeline.

It doesn't bother me if people know though. But I wouldn't go as far as saying a month or anything. I'll just say "down the road."
July 21st, 2013, 06:24 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Everyone knows we want more. They're all aware we're just waiting for things to settle down before we jump into it.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

July 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
My BFF knows when I want to TTC, but when its time I won't be telling anyone anything. I want to keep it just between us. A few people like my Mum, know when aren't done but also know we aren't TTC anytime soon.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
July 21st, 2013, 05:03 PM
The Truth is out There
No, the only people I'll tell will be on here, and the girls from my Dec '12 FB group.
Everyone knows we're waiting, but we haven't told anyone what we're waiting on. I don't want to feel pressured.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search