One Month Until I Get My IUD Out!

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 07:19 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are exactly one month away until I have my appointment to get my copper IUD taken out.

After that we will wait out two cycles and then start TTC. Seems so far away but I know time will pass very quickly.

I'm the impatient type so I need to celebrate every milestone that bring me closer to what I want (and right now I am suffering from severe baby fever )!
THE angry uterus likes this.
July 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!!! We JUST decided to TTC in October, and I have the copper IUD. I'm curious why you're having it taken out early? Just wondering if I should do the same! I haven't asked my doctor yet about anything, so it's all new. I totally feel you on the baby fever though! If I had it my way, we wouldn't even wait until October!!!
meld10 likes this.

July 19th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Congrats to you too! I have read that it is best to get at least a full cycle after you get you copper IUD taken out to clear your system of any copper and let your uterus readjust (really not using medical terms right ahah but something along those lines).

I'm going for 2 cycles just to make sure as I have experienced lots of cramping with the IUD and I just want to take extra precautions to make sure I have a healthy pregnancy. I am not looking forward to having to use condoms again though .
July 19th, 2013, 09:14 AM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
July 19th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I'll also wait a cycle or two after I get my copper IUD out before TTC. Like you, I want to flush some of that copper out of my uterus.. lol

Good luck when you get your IUD out. You must be SO SO SO excited

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay!! How exciting!!
July 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So exciting! I have Mirena, had it after my 1st baby too. With Mirena, you don't have to wait. I didn't realize you had to with the copper one, that is good to know if I ever decide to go that route

Good luck!!

July 21st, 2013, 04:41 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
That is SO exciting, my wait is 2016 and when I put my ticker up and realised it's actually under 3 years and in fact 2 years and 5 months I got excited Doesn't sound as far away... Enjoy every second good luck

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

July 22nd, 2013, 06:34 AM
Thanks everyone! Everyday we are one step closer !

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
July 23rd, 2013, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats

July 30th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt3 View Post
Congrats!!! We JUST decided to TTC in October, and I have the copper IUD. I'm curious why you're having it taken out early? Just wondering if I should do the same! I haven't asked my doctor yet about anything, so it's all new. I totally feel you on the baby fever though! If I had it my way, we wouldn't even wait until October!!!
Britt3, just realized we just might be TTC at the same time! (Depending on how my cycle goes after removing my IUD.)

I'm curious to know did you set your appointment to remove you IUD and did you talk to your doctor about a recommenced waiting time after you do remove it?

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
July 30th, 2013, 09:33 PM
No, I haven't yet. I'm actually going to call tomorrow and try to get in soon to discuss it. My BF and I have been talking about kids for awhile, but we just decided a couple weeks ago that we would TTC very soon. So it's all happening fast. I'm afraid of the effects from having it taken out though?! I'm curious if I'll bleed or have a period like I did with insertion. Because we have a vacation soon and I'm not trying to ruin that with AF! Lol. Do you know what time of the cycle is best to remove the IUD? Or does it matter? I'm glad you're going to be TTC at the same time!! It's nice to have someone in the same boat!

July 31st, 2013, 07:04 AM
I agree it's nice to have someone on the same boat!

I've read/heard mostly that some women do start AF when they have it removed but others only spot a bit on the first day and that although there will probably be some cramping, it should not be as bad as it was after insertion.

I am having it removed about a day before I start AF (not planned, just happened that way, I started tracking AF after I scheduled the appointment to remove it). Although my clinic did not mention a best time to remove it during the cycle, I read that some doctors recommend having it removed closer to or during AF due to the cervix being naturally soften at that time.

I still need to talk to the dr. at my removal appointment (which is in 19 days!) about what period of time she recommends to wait before TTC. I know you can get pregnant right away and some drs say there is no need to wait but I am worried about the effects the IUD could have had on my uterus (like inflammation/copper still a bit present). So just to put the best chances on our side, I want to have at least two AF before TTC.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes and what the dr says. Still a bit of a wait but it will go by soon I know it. Let me know how it goes on your side and if you don't mind, what the dr recommends, it's nice to compare the info given .

6/12/2013- 8 weeks

Last edited by meld10; July 31st, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
July 31st, 2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah definitely! In that case I will schedule just before my next AF I think. Should be around your appointment too. I'll definitely keep you posted

August 7th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Ugh, lol.. BF wants me to wait until after our vacation -- ya know.. back up methods on vacation? He's not feeling it. lol. SOO, my appointment will be the first week in September now.

August 7th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Lol! Aww a couple of weeks more to wait, that is no fun but I guess being on vacation will make those 2 weeks fly by .

I can understand him though lol I am not looking forward to a month or two of backup methods .

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Yeah, and I know this is OT- but I'll just ask you here... As the months/weeks/days decrease on your ticker, are you getting nervous at all? I was completely excited, with no nervousness; but now the nerves are starting to creep in and I worry about bills, job, etc (even though we already have things planned). Are you having any nervousness about it all? I'm not going to back out, don't get me wrong! Just a bit scared.

August 7th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Yup! The nervousness does come. Especially when I see girls getting BFP in TTC these days and then saying how their due date will be April 2014, I think wow that is just around the corner! However, it's a nervousness mixed with excitement... also add in a bit of being scared about the whole being pregnant for the first time and how my body is going to change and all. And also being scared of being overly worried and anxious about the baby being okay , kind of counter productive to be scared of being scared .

When I first got together with my BF who is 3 years older than me, we learned that two of his friends were expecting babies. Back then, I was so not prepared for having children anytime soon and considering how early it was in our relationship we hadn't even talked about children and if so, how soon did he want to have kids. Man I can tell you that I would get a bad nervous feeling when his friends were talking about their soon to be children and the pregnancies, but it was a very different nervous then what I am feeling now.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 7th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one then!! Lol. I hope we both get our BFPs in our first rounds but I also hope we are in the same DDC somehow! Lol

August 8th, 2013, 06:12 AM
So do I! Who knows, we might be TTC at the same time. It all depends what the doctor tells me in terms of how long we have to wait after the removal (which I have a feeling she will say you don't need to wait lol but I still want to do at least 1 cycle without it).

Also, I know the soonest we might start will be at the end of September as this is when BF will quit smoking and he wants to do that before. Wow time will fly by before then, my appointment for the IUD removal is in 11 days!
Britt3 likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search