It's Me... Again (Intro)

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By princessmelissa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Veteran
So here I am again. I'm a 28 year old married lady with a dog and a cat and a house and a car. The last time I posted regularly was in June 2011 and I'd just gotten married. The plan was to start TTC in June 2012 - a year after. But everything just happened... in May of 2012 we bought our first home, which was one of the things I wanted to cross off my "before baby" list. We moved in almost a year ago - July 2012.

So, with a new house purchase came a lot of debt - getting used to paying different bills - wanting to do some renovations etc. So we decided to wait. I wanted to wait another year. So we decided June 2013.

June has just passed and... we're still not really yet. Okay so we're READY, but some major things aren't in place yet. I don't become full-time permanent at my job until February 2015... and even though we COULD have a baby now, it is a much better idea to wait until after I become full-time permanent.

I'm already part-time permanent, and eligible for maternity leave benefits etc. BUT I want to guarantee that I have a FULL TIME job to come back to after a year.... I've been working full time there for the last 3 years, but my status is still part-time. In February 2013 I got offered an actual full-time position but I have to work it for 24 months before becoming full-time permanent.

So - I'm doing the responsible thing and waiting before trying to conceive. It's really difficult when you are 100% ready minus this one major detail. That and I feel like I'm the last 28 year old on earth to not start a family. I know it's not true, but...

But this gives me some time to work on things... I'm diabetic and I could really stand to lose 50-60 lbs. I don't smoke and I only drink socially so that isn't a problem. But I also have depression... which is related to a mild form of borderline personality disorder... so I'm on medication: Prozac, Trazodone, and just today I was prescribed Wellbutrin because my doctor thinks I might have ADD - but that is another story. I take Metformin for diabetes as well as insulin. I'm pretty sure I'll have to come off some of these meds... and I really do need to take control of my diabetes because I haven't been...

I also have this fear that I'll have waited too long and then I won't be able to get pregnant. Partly due to my weight, partly due to my diabetes and partly because my husband had cancer and might not have enough sperm. We do have some banked in case, but that can be a whole other ballgame that I'd rather avoid.

Anyway, that's me.

July 20th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you thought about doing a couch 2 5K program where you start off real slow and work up to doing a 5K run? I used to HATE running, but when I started off on MY terms it was actually really great! I hate the pressure of having someone push me. Anyway, I used that and a calorie counting website to help me plan meals in advance. Plus I would chew gum when I was bored so I wouldn't want to 'snack' instead. My favorite was Stride sweet peppermint. It was like chewing a candy cane! lol
July 20th, 2013, 09:33 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Welcome! Doesn't responsibility suck?! Lol.

I assure you, you aren't the only 28-year-old without kids. But I know it sometimes feels that way. Where I live, it's strange to HAVE kids before you are 30. So it's pretty regional.

We aren't trying for another 15 months or so either
July 20th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Welcome!
It's awesome that you're being responsible. There will be no regrets when you finally do conceive It's SO hard waiting, but you're working on ensuring your future child a great future!

Enjoy your stay with us here!

July 21st, 2013, 04:04 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Welcome Being responsible does suck, good luck with the waiting game

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
July 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
steampunk's Avatar TTC #1!
July 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! You are definitely not the only 28 year old without children...look at the royal family in England - Kate is 31 and just had her first, no big deal I know how hard it is to wait though! Being responsible is a great thing, even though it sucks...I hope that the time flies by for you!

August 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by humnck View Post
You are definitely not the only 28 year old without children...look at the royal family in England - Kate is 31 and just had her first, no big deal
This is true, but they did get married riiiiight around the same time I did! I used to say "My wedding is the wedding of the year, not theirs!!"

Ah yes.... responsibility does suck. I work in a field where I see all sorts of people that weren't responsible..... but for some reason I still envy them. I am crazy.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!
THE angry uterus likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search