New and Introducing Myself!

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Hello everyone,

I stumbled upon this forum after googling "waiting to trying to conceive" hahaha. Anyway, here I am, hopefully I can find a supportive group on here!

About me. I'm 33, my BF and I have been living together for almost a year, we've been together for 2.5 years. We are getting engaged the end of this year and hopefully will be married by the middle of next year. Due to my age, we will be starting to TTC about a month before the wedding.

I currently have Mirena which I'm going to get removed in December and chart to get back into touch with my cycle.

In the meantime we both have major baby fever. And financially, emotionally, etc we're ready. When I bought our house, I made sure it had enough room for kids and made sure our home was in a good school district. We've got the big yard, the dog, money saved, etc. We're just waiting until we're officially husband and wife to start TTC (totally personal reasons, I don't judge people who don't do it this way!).

So, while I'm waiting to TTC, I've taken the following healthy initiatives to prepare for getting/being pregnant.
1) quit smoking (2 weeks smoke free!)
2) quit drinking (even though I only drank once or twice a week)
3) eat healthier and lose weight
4) give up coffee (only having 10 oz of coffee a day)
5) working out
6) taking vitamins

Well I guess that's all! Hope everyone has a great day!
July 22nd, 2013, 12:15 PM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! I've only recently joined and find that the support here is great.
It's fun to have a place to share with others that are living the wait while struggling with baby fever!

Congrats in advance on your soon to be engagement. With all the nice plans you have in the next year and a half, time will fly by to your TTC date .

Team Blue!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
July 22nd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Thank you!

I agree with you, the rest of this year is going to be busy as well as next year, we're just taking the time enjoying each other, going on mini-trips and things like that.
July 22nd, 2013, 06:42 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Welcome, welcome!! I think you have a great plan in place. Sounds very promising for a little one come early 2015

I float around here now. I am Ashlee (28). I have three littles, the youngest of whom is 2 months. So we are waiting to TTC our fourth, and last, in Fall of 2014, so shortly after you.
July 23rd, 2013, 04:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy

I'm Jamie, we are WTTC until Jan/Febsih.

July 23rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!!!

Is this a pretty active community overall? I would like to find a landing spot while WTTC, TTC, Pregnancy, etc.
July 23rd, 2013, 06:12 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yes, this community is not only active, it's very friendly. I have been here for 3 years (I found after searching for support after a loss) and I never left through several more losses and two more pregnancies. I enjoy many of the ladies on here. There are boards for various parenting choices (sign language, AP parenting, cloth diapering) there are forums for various family make-ups (multiples, blended families), and boards for each month of being due and each due date club turns into a playroom. I have never been on another forum, but this one is pretty great
July 23rd, 2013, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigleysmom View Post
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!!!

Is this a pretty active community overall? I would like to find a landing spot while WTTC, TTC, Pregnancy, etc.
It used to be more active. A lot of people get PG then start FB groups and move to those cause its easier to post on your phone that way. I still like using my desktop and laptop. THe phone app they use for android ohones didn't work for me and was a waste of money. I think it works better for iPhone.

I think these problems are the same with all forums though.

July 23rd, 2013, 07:30 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Welcome! Enjoy your stay with us! Glad to have another aboard!

July 23rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
That's true about forums switching over to FB groups!

I'll try to keep it lively around here!
July 23rd, 2013, 11:39 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 23rd, 2013, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Cary, soon to be 33 I have 2 DDs and we are going to start TTC our 3rd LO around Jan/Feb maybe. We haven't finalized that yet. I have Mirena too, so I just have to decide when to make that removal appointment

You have a lot going on in the next few months! Congrats And you sound like you have it all together, good for you for being proactive with cutting back on things, getting healthier, etc.

July 23rd, 2013, 03:38 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Welcome My name is Emma and I'm waiting until 2016.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
July 23rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humnck View Post
Welcome! I'm Cary, soon to be 33 I have 2 DDs and we are going to start TTC our 3rd LO around Jan/Feb maybe. We haven't finalized that yet. I have Mirena too, so I just have to decide when to make that removal appointment

You have a lot going on in the next few months! Congrats And you sound like you have it all together, good for you for being proactive with cutting back on things, getting healthier, etc.
Thank you, it hasn't been to hard (yet) since I'm doing all of these things for health reasons and not vanity reasons, you know?

I just made my IUD removal appointment for December!!! Next will be the fun part of charting and using a BBT. Hopefully my period will get on track and be predictable when we start TTC.
July 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search