Do you have a "my person"

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oceanwaves

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
So I have a person. ONE person (besides DH) that I talk about getting ready to TTC with. She answers all my questions, listens to me rant and looks at the 5475614785621 pins, links and ideas that I need to share with someone!!!

She is an amazing resource (known me almost forever though we just became close a few years ago, has 2 adorable kids)

So do you all have one friend that is kinda in on the fact you are getting close, but still waiting?
July 23rd, 2013, 03:28 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Hmm I guess my BFF and I talk about it sometimes but I like to not think about it a lot because the wait is forever away.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
July 23rd, 2013, 03:44 PM
My best friend who I grew up, we talk about WTTC all. the time. She was going to start TTC this year but due to layoffs they decided to wait until next year. We always thought we would end up PG together, and it looks like it might happen!
July 23rd, 2013, 06:51 PM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
I only talk about it with DH (and this board). Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead - I do NOT want the fact that we will be TTC to ever get out or both my mother and MIL will swoop in wondering why I am not knocked up yet. They still think we plan to remain childfree and it will stay that way until i am three months pregnant.
meld10 likes this.
July 23rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Not really one specific person. A good friend who I would be most inclined to talk to about it is pretty sure she is done. And struggling a bit with it. She is older than me, has slightly more challenging kids (a couple if them have some issues), and really runs into some hormonal trouble during the first year. So I try not really to mention we decided on one more. I know it will make it harder for her to be okay about being done. And no one else is really that close or on the same page about the whole TTC-pregnancy-birthing thing, I can talk to my mom about it though. She knows we will have another and about when. I don't keep much of anything from her.
July 24th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not really. Just my old DDC and here. I try not to ramble with it on my DDC though.
July 24th, 2013, 05:30 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Goddess View Post
I only talk about it with DH (and this board). Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead - I do NOT want the fact that we will be TTC to ever get out or both my mother and MIL will swoop in wondering why I am not knocked up yet. They still think we plan to remain childfree and it will stay that way until i am three months pregnant.
Lol! I agree!

My friends/family/in-laws are notorious for the good old ''Did you know that x and x will be doing y?!''. When we got engaged, I told 3 people and half an hour later I was getting texts from friends including some in other countries congratulating me - so much for wanting to wait to see people to tell them .

For some things I don't mind but for the status of my uterus I will wait until we conceive and at least have one doctor's appointment done.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
July 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't really have one person. I don't freely talk about it, but most people know we will have one more. I have gotten the "when" question, I just say 'in the future or maybe sometime next year, it all depends.' I do have one friend that I am comfortable telling if she asks, we don't live that close but we talk often and sometimes it comes up. She is the only person, other than DH, that will know when we are actively TTC.

July 25th, 2013, 03:56 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I chat about it with a few of my friends. Some are already TTC and some are also waiting, but we don't discuss it in extreme detail.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search