Boy or Girl?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm completely curious... Which will you be hoping for? AND, do you plan to find out the gender while pregnant??

I don't want to find out the gender this time, but my BF does. Lol. Too bad for him. :-p
I'm also kinda hoping for a girl... Ok, totally hoping for a girl, but I'd be happy either way. BF wants a boy, of course. Lol

July 29th, 2013, 09:17 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I don't have a preference at all in my heart. My mind sees how it would be "easier" if we had another girl because of room situations, clothing (my sons are looking pretty worn by now), and in case my daughter one day wants a sister. But truthfully I don't mind either way. We are lucky enough to have what we desired already.

And no, we don't plan to find out the gender, which will be the first time we do team green. I am excited about it, it seems fun!
July 30th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah it excites me to have no idea what the gender is. People say it makes it harder, but really, you can buy many things after the baby is born anyways. I plan to do the nursery in grey and white colors.. Then once the baby is born we can add in pink stuff, or blue. Either way it'll look good, IMO.

July 30th, 2013, 06:03 AM
BriarRose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girl. Both of us want a girl actually and it runs in his family of his generation to have girls.
July 30th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I would like a boy, but will not be upset to have another girl

Even DH has admitted that having another girl would be just as good (he always thought he'd really want a boy). He loves DD so much, he doesn't feel like he's missing out on anything.

I don't want to find out what we're having until birth the next time around. We found out with DD, which I loved, for planning purposes, but the next time I want a surprise!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 30th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We will be actively swaying pink, so hoping for a girl. We did not find out what George was, but I did ask what side he had implanted on and had a good clue he was a boy. I will not wait to find out this time. I didn't care for waiting. I wanted to hear the "ITS A...." announcement and I didn't hear it, I had to ask... it was just disappointing to me. Plus I noticed (as well as other team green moms) that people don't care as much when you don't know. o_O
July 30th, 2013, 01:07 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
We will be actively swaying pink, so hoping for a girl. We did not find out what George was, but I did ask what side he had implanted on and had a good clue he was a boy. I will not wait to find out this time. I didn't care for waiting. I wanted to hear the "ITS A...." announcement and I didn't hear it, I had to ask... it was just disappointing to me. Plus I noticed (as well as other team green moms) that people don't care as much when you don't know. o_O
Really? I am surprised. I have three good friends due from late-August to early-November and I am itching excited to know what they are growing. I love the guessing game! I am a little disappointed to know that it might not be like that for my own team greenie Bummer.
July 30th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Really? I am surprised. I have three good friends due from late-August to early-November and I am itching excited to know what they are growing. I love the guessing game! I am a little disappointed to know that it might not be like that for my own team greenie Bummer.
People would ask what we were having and I'd tell them we don't know and that was when their faces would fall with disappointment and they would stop asking questions. Never asked what names we had picked or anything. Only ONE person (including family) asked what names we has picked out. For me it was disappointing cause like I said I wanted to hear the big announcement and I didn't. I guess they said he was a boy but I was too focused on other things to hear. Hope it goes better for you!!
July 30th, 2013, 03:41 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really know what gender I want. I guess that means I would be happy with either But in some ways I really want a boy in other ways a girl. I don't know.. lol

We found out with our first two and I would like to be team green next time. But I might change my mind. I'm very indecisive apparently.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 30th, 2013, 04:22 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I would love a boy, because this is our first together but all up we already have 4 girls and 2 boys lol. However, because it's our first together I kind of don't mind what we have and kind of wish we could have b/g twins tbh

I want to find out, I'm not sure about him but I will be finding out regardless.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

July 30th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ATM I can't decide what I would like to have. I know part of me would love a girl, since we have two boys now. I want to buy all the adorable clothes and experience having a girl. When I was pregnant with DS2 I was so sure he was a girl and really wanted one then. Now though, the other part of me feels like I wouldn't know what to do with a girl and that it'd be tons of fun to have a 3rd boy. I love being a mom to boys, plus I'm super excited to use the name we have picked out for a 3rd boy LOL.

August 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It would be great to have a boy, but I really don't care if we have another girl, I would love it

We found out with DD1, with DD2 we went team green. I LOVED it both ways, but I think team green was so fun, fun because everyone was tortured by the fact that we didn't know and it was fun to see them so antsy This time we might do a gender reveal party, just something else that is different!

August 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since this will be our first, we are not more decided on boy or girl. Ideally we would love to have two kids, possibly one of each and in that case I always think that a boy first would be great so he could protect his little sister .

However, I keep on thinking little girl and already have a girl name picked out. Could this be a sign of where TTC will bring us? Only time will tell.

Yes we will find out when we are waiting. I am the most impatient person and just this WTTC period is driving me nuts, I can't imagine waiting my whole pregnancy to find out .

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 2nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
I don't have any preference, but it would be nice to have one of each!

I absolutely want to find out the gender while I'm PG!
August 2nd, 2013, 04:17 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
I would love to have a son but another girl would be fine with me! Next time we will not be finding out what we are having, if there is a next time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search