pinterest/baby registries

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By steampunk
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By meld10
  • 2 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By deductiveparent
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By deductiveparent

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any baby pinterest boards?

Do you have any secret baby registries or wish lists on amazon or anywhere?

If you have a pinterest account, what are your favorite boards?
meld10 likes this.
August 8th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh yes I definitely have a baby board!!! lol. I have the baby room planned out (we'll be in a house, so I don't have a clue what it will be like as far as shape/size), as well as preparing other things. I love looking at pinterest baby stuff, it helps with my baby needs lol. I don't have any secret registries or wish lists though, but only because it never crossed my mind. I may have to look in to that. :-P jk
THE angry uterus likes this.

August 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM
steampunk's Avatar TTC #1!
I am doing my best to never get a Pinterest account I know I will go overboard! No secret registries but I spent a lot of time on BRU looking at stuff
August 8th, 2013, 09:41 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Heck no. I think Pintrerest is the devil Too much of a time suck and nothing on there ever turns out the way it looks. I have creative ideas in my head and those are the ones that I can manage

But we always keep a running amazon list for things we need overall. Just for our own uses. And there is baby stuff on there
August 8th, 2013, 11:02 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oups. At lunch time I read your post and then thought that I should look into pinterest boards... wasted the whole half hour looking at nursery ideas on different boards. I don't quite have the hang of it yet but if I do, I will let you know if I find interesting boards.

I have started putting things on my amazon wishlist baby wise just in the last few weeks. However, I am planning on trying to get whatever I can as second hand stuff to save money. I know so many people that go way overboard with baby stuff and don't realize how much money they spend on things they will use for only a month or two.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 8th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bwahahahahaha!! Yes, pinterest can be the devil. I'm good with it. Since it posts activity to my facebook I have a secret baby girl board that I only occasionally post things on. When I find something cute I'll save it there. Like the other day I was shoe shopping for George and saw the CUTEST baby girl shoes!! I had to pin them.

As far as the craft ideas and such... Yeah, I tried one of the "easy" melted crayon art things... Not so much. LOL It wasted a cheap glue gun is what THAT did. But I do use it for other cute home decoration ideas and such for when we get a house. <3

I also pin recipes. Since Baby George is so restricted on what he can and can't eat, I've pinned a lot of recipe ideas for him or of foods I can easily make allergy free.

Oh, and I don't have a secret baby registry yet, lol, but I had one before I got PG with baby George. hahaha
Britt3 and meld10 like this.
August 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I don't have anything like that

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
August 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Actually, I just discovered that my baby pinterest board that I thought was secret...wasn't as secret as I thought. Too bad my social network is even more pin crazy than I am and noticed right away! Note to self--double check settings! If I keep this up, my family will start demanding I submit to random pregnancy testing.
August 9th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I made sure mine said secret!! LOL
August 9th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I have a pinterest board, a secret pinterest board, and several secret Amazon lists.. one for vitamins and pregnancy stuff, one for maternity clothes, one for baby clothes, and one for baby things! I need help.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

August 10th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Halfwit View Post
I have a pinterest board, a secret pinterest board, and several secret Amazon lists.. one for vitamins and pregnancy stuff, one for maternity clothes, one for baby clothes, and one for baby things! I need help.
OMG lol That is awesome!!
August 10th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I have an addiction, haha! Don't even get me started on my wedding lists. I am just an over-planner, I guess.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

August 10th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Halfwit View Post
I have an addiction, haha! Don't even get me started on my wedding lists. I am just an over-planner, I guess.
I am right with you. Half the joy in life is anticipating the future joy in life it seems to me. And I second you on the secret Amazon wishlists. I could have a baby registry ready to go in 2 seconds flat.
August 13th, 2013, 09:45 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I love Pinterest I have wayyyyy too many boards. I use it for gift ideas, wedding planning, a ton for recipes. And DH likes to find funny things on there, so I pin humors stuff for him

As far as baby stuff, I have a "Max" board and a "Sam" board, so most of my boy/girl stuff goes there. I also have a "Kids" board that is for general kid ideas/articles. We won't need much baby stuff at all with our next, since DH and I each have a kiddo from before we met. If anything, we have TOO MUCH baby stuff already.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search