twins

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By quigleysmom
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch
  • 2 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By tickled pink
  • 1 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By meld10
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By sara121773

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I took the boys over to play with my cousins son today. He's a few mo younger then George and they are just about the same size, lol. It was soooooo fun to watch them play! George is defiantly a bit of a bully where my cousins son is defiantly more laid back, lol. Anyway, my sister is watching my cousins son and she was having a ball too. It was like having a set of twins running around playing and getting into all sorts of trouble! LOL We all had a good time. Twins would be so much fun... well, once they got past that newborn phase, lol!

August 21st, 2013, 03:28 AM
I have some coworkers who have twins and they are a hoot! They are both at that age (both sets are around 3-4 years old) where they start devoloping their own personalities and start saying crazy things.

My one CW has twin girls. One is VERY girly and the other one wants to beBatman when she grows up.
THE angry uterus likes this.
August 21st, 2013, 04:51 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
ya, i like the idea of twins, i think it would be great to have twins once they are like 3-4 years old, but getting through the first 3 years might kill me my hat goes off to twin mamas, i can barely handle one baby some days!

August 21st, 2013, 04:57 AM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
I have zero idea what I would do with twins, especially as a first time mom who had intended to only have one and be done!
August 21st, 2013, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL Yeah, twins would be fun, but sheesh to get past the first 6 mo or so! And while its fun watching them get into all sorts of trouble NOW, I'm sure on a regular basis it would kill me! LOL

August 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Twins terrify me. lol
sara121773 and meld10 like this.

August 21st, 2013, 11:12 AM
I am actually hoping for twins when we finally ttc! The only thing that worries me is that I have a very small frame, so I'm not sure how I'd do throughout the pregnancy. But my father is a twin and I was a twin(my mom lost it during pregnancy) so there's a chance!
August 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I secretly want twins!

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
August 22nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Although it would be magical to have twins, I'm with Urchin on this: twins terrify me! lol

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 22nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I go back and forth over wanting them or not. I'm sure I would be terrified to have twins, but so excited at the same time. I am pretty sure George was a twin and I'm a twin. At my age I'm at a higher risk of having twins too.
meld10 likes this.

August 22nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I go back and forth on wanting twins...I am so indecisive these days I think twins would be fun, but, they would be a lot of work! We don't have twins in our family on either side, so the probability is pretty low for me.

August 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I love twins. My aunt has a set of ID boys and I was a nanny for a set of fraternal girls. I think they are fun to watch interact and super-cool to be around. But I could go home During the day wasn't that bad, they basically had a set schedule and I just followed it (the nanny set, my aunts were nightmares because she was so overwhelmed with them). But I didn't have to create the schedule, nor did I have to deal with night times or when they veered so far off the schedule that they would melt down (I remember maybe once or twice they were off for the day, but again, I could go home!)

I wouldn't have minded twins for the first couple kids. Or even for #2 & 3 (and Kieran was a twin, but when we found out, we sorta knew his twin wasn't doing as well and it was likely he wouldn't make it). But I think where we are now, it would just be overwhelming and I wouldn't enjoy the newborn/infant stage much. I would prolly be able to cope just fine. But I want to also enjoy aspects of it and I wonder if I would. Or if I would be too crazed.

But what will be, will be! I certainly wouldn't send back a set
August 28th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I think I would love to have twins if both of my other boys were in school when I had them. My nephew is just 4mths older then DS1 so when they are together it's like twins lol.
August 28th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
I'm a twin so I never want them! I know how horrible my mothers pregnancy was and how early we were born. I was really not doing well and they thought I wasn't going to make it. The whole idea terrifies me. Each time I'm pregnant I get so nervous I might have twins. My sister wants twins, she can have them lol.
August 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1217 View Post
I'm a twin so I never want them! I know how horrible my mothers pregnancy was and how early we were born. I was really not doing well and they thought I wasn't going to make it. The whole idea terrifies me. Each time I'm pregnant I get so nervous I might have twins. My sister wants twins, she can have them lol.
I'm a twin too. My Mom's PG was fairly good I guess, her doc insisted she wasn't pg with twins until my sister came out, lol. We were even born at term - 38 weeks!

August 29th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
We were born at 32.5 weeks. My sister was crushing me and almost killed me. They told my mom if she had carried us to term my sister could have killed me. She was completely healthy I was really sick and really small. I have some issues from her crushing me but nothing serious. The worst one is because of where she was my right ear canal never formed so I have no hearing in my right ear and my face is not symmetrical. My mom found out in December she was pregnant with twins and we were born 3/31. She was extremely sick her whole pregnancy too. She tells us all the time lol. How scary your mom didn't know! My old neighbor was a triplet and they kept telling her mom she was having one big boy she didn't know she was having triplets till she had them lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search