What's stopping you?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By meld10
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch
  • 1 Post By HippieLove

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
So, what's stopping you from TTC now or early?

Honestly, if I wasn't undergoing tattoo removal right now (and for the next few months) I would be SO after DH to TTC. I'm finally feeling ready ...and moving into a new house isn't helping. hehe.
HippieLove likes this.

August 23rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
We will be buying a house in March (well, that's the goal month.. We'll start looking in Jan/Feb) and we didn't want to be moving while I was "too pregnant." Lol especially because I'm a planner, and I'm going to (hopefully) have another home birth, and I'll want to be prepared as best as I can for that.

August 23rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt3 View Post
We will be buying a house in March (well, that's the goal month.. We'll start looking in Jan/Feb) and we didn't want to be moving while I was "too pregnant." Lol especially because I'm a planner, and I'm going to (hopefully) have another home birth, and I'll want to be prepared as best as I can for that.
That's a good reason to wait. I've gotten much more broody since we bought our new home.

I'm also a planner, so I understand that feeling as well. It was possible that we were going to wait and build a house in a couple years, and DH could not understand that I didn't want to be moving while pregnant or with 2 children.. lol

August 23rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
DH could not understand that I didn't want to be moving while pregnant or with 2 children.. lol
I'm with the both of you, moving into a house is by itself intense, I couldn't imagine doing it with 2 kids either or being ''too pregnant'' during the move! I'm glad we got the house we will be living in for a long time before setting our TTC date.

For us, we are pretty much just waiting for my body to ''refresh'' itself after having had an IUD for a year lol. I'm glad I am doing this... the AF that just started has been really weird and painful, I'm not sure my body would have been ready to catch an eggy... Now I'll have a full cycle done without the IUD so I will feel my body will be better prepared to start trying.

Also, BF is quitting smoking this week which I am really happy about.
ashj_1218 likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 23rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
Our main ones are getting out of debt and moving to god knows where in a little over 9 months. So do not want to consider having to be 9 months pregnant or with a newborn as a new mom trying to plan a huge move cross country, finding a new place to live possibly in a place I have never been to, etc. Military moves are stressful enough without adding pregnancy/new baby to the mix.
August 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
My period hasnt returned since having our 3rd son in March. But Ideally id like to wait until my kids are a bit older, i had 3 kids in about 2.5 years and that was hard on my body, having 3 very small children is quite demanding at times, so id like for my older kids to be more independent before adding another one to our mix
ashj_1218 likes this.

August 23rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
RIght now biggest reason is neither of us is working. We have several others as soon as both of us is working. They are right on up there in importance though.

August 23rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt3 View Post
This is one reason why we are waiting. I don't want to be toooooo pregnant when we move again (if we are able to buy a house in March/April like I plan on). Plus I don't want to be pg in the summer when I tend to retain more fluid and with that we all know how much more painful! Ouch!
August 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
We are moving, want to be out of this awful house. Also, we will be getting married just before baby is born, so I get to be a pregnant bride!

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

August 23rd, 2013, 07:15 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Mostly the same as Bree (except my spread is a tad wider....3.5 years). I really feel we want a slightly bigger gap this time. I prolly won't get a period til Jo is around a year. And I have NO (nnnnnooooooo) desire to be pregnant again yet. I am very pleased with our current plan. I am not in a big rush to have another (but my little is still very little).
August 23rd, 2013, 08:03 PM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
Jeez, half these posts list moving as a reason.
August 25th, 2013, 07:13 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
We are moving too But we get the keys in 6 days, our next adventure is we need to renovate the house, build on 3 extra rooms and set up our farm. All our money has to go to that, and I need to have the energy to help Loz with setting the farm up and renovating. So thats the biggest thing stopping us. My next thing is I've had 4 kids in 6 years. I've always been pregnant by the time my child turned 1-18 months and I want to give my body a break. I want my youngest to be less dependent so I can enjoy the baby and not have a 2 year old as well. If we wait 3 years, by the time the baby is born, Harper will be in Kindergarten and my eldest will be 10, my stepson 12 and step daughter 17. I am also studying accounting so I want to focus on that. Plus I want to get healthier and lose weight.
meld10 likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
August 26th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
My dh is the only thing stopping us from ttc. We could probably afford another baby and we have enough space ATM. We will be buying a house in the future but not really are when.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search