Nursery theme

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2013, 04:54 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Do you think when the time comes, that you will have a nursery? Have you thought about the theme it might have?

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 1st, 2013, 05:23 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Im not really sure, right now we have a nursery, that Finn has never slept in. Its the same room that we decorated for my oldest when i was pregnant. We will be team green so im not sure if i will opt to decorate it GN before baby comes, or if we will wait until after and leave it as is if its a boy or paint it girly if we had a daughter

September 1st, 2013, 05:44 PM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
Yes we will have a nursery, steampunk themed I stupidly signed up for Pinterest and have a nice board going with ideas!
September 1st, 2013, 05:52 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
We are building 3 bedrooms onto the side of our house, one for us with a bathroom and walk in robe, then a bedroom sized office/family fun room and then a room for my step daughter. When we are expecting, we intend to build another office into the shed area and turn that office into a nursery. I'm not sure what theme yet but I've never had a nursery so I'm pretty excited

Even though for the first few months our baby will be in our bedroom.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 1st, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Heck yeah! I LOVE doing up nurseries. They are only babies once and even though we didn't even use George's room basically for the first 14 mo, I still enjoyed planning it. We really had a hard time using it though cause we had to keep an eye on him during his tube feeds and keep him swaddled and in his car seat to keep him from pulling his NG out, to help with his GERD, and help prevent aspiration pneumonia from the tube feeds. My older kids all used their rooms sooner then later.

I've always done a nursery theme too. DD1 was teddy bears. The theme was what was on clearance at the store since I didn't think themes were a big deal at the time. I later learned that choosing a good blanket was important since she grew very attached (as did all my kids) to her blanket. DD2 was Noah's arch, DD3 was Nursery Rhymes - cow jumped over the moon, etc., DS1 was construction trucks (he grew attached to the blanket I made him though, not the blanket from that set. He calls it his Mama blanket and gives it kisses every night. <3). George doesn't really like being warm, so I was surprised when he got his tube out and I started putting him in his crib that he would grab his blanket and snuggle up with it! He had a gender neutral theme since we were team green with him. It was basically birds on a tree branch with green, orange, and yellow leaves and a light blue background. Super cute.
September 3rd, 2013, 05:30 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
With DD I totally embraced the decorating & setting up her nursery.

The next time around, We don't plan on finding out the gender until birth, so I probably won't go as crazy this time around. Will probably do more after LO is born!

September 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I love doing a nursery! But we sorta backed ourselves into a corner

With Liam, we did a cream/light blue/dark brown nursery and had a family friend paint a mural of our childhood dogs on the walls. It's gorgeous and something that can grow with him as he ages. Plus it means a lot to us, since those dogs are long gone.

Then with Kieran, we did deep teal and bright green and had the same family friend come and paint a mural of a pond with frogs, turtles, and the like. It was done at "sunset." Turned out amazing, prolly even better than Liam's room. The colors are just phenomenal.

BUT...we only have two available rooms! And I refuse to paint over the murals. At least not this soon. As you can tell, my kids are pretty close in age, so the murals haven't been there that long.

So, for Jo, we ended up pulling out deep purple from the frog mural. Since it was painted at sunset, the sky is purples and lavenders. So we pulled a bunch of that out and added dragonflies and butterflies to the room to make it a little more girly. It was still fun, but obviously not an entire overhaul.

So, sadly, I doubt I will be doing another nursery. They are both perfectly workable how they are. But. Boo. No more fun nursery designing.
September 3rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
We won't have a nursery right away, baby will be with us. When we do have a nursery, I want it to be all grays, yellows, and ivory. I want to get a big canvas print of the song "You are my sunshine" and have that be the focal point. I used to want a frilly, super-pink nursery for a girl, but now I don't want that at all.
Britt3 likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

September 4th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a nursery that we used for both girls. When we found out DD1 was a girl, we decided that we would still paint the walls a neutral color, so we picked a pale green, then I went and picked out a dragonfly/ladybug set and we used that. When we found out we were expecting #2 (which we were team green for), we moved DD1 into the bigger room and redid her room in a surfer girl theme that she picked out, painted the walls bright pink and bright blue. The nursery stayed as is and we decided if we had a boy, we would have time after he was born to redo the room since we keep baby in our room for a few weeks, but we didn't have to do that because we had another girl, so the nursery was already done Of course, that didn't stop me from looking and I found a really cute, girly jungle theme with monkeys (which I love) and giraffes. We didn't get it, but it was so cute!

If we have a boy, I think I want to do an under the sea theme or maybe even a monkey theme.

September 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I have it all planned!! We will do grey and white chevron with pink or blue in the mix. We'll be team green so everything will just be grey and white (with chevron accents too, and likely one wall painted grey/white chevron with some stripes left to be painted blue or pink.) then once we have our baby, we can add in some blue or pink accents as well.

Edited to add- that was SO repetitive... Lmao! Sorry! I just downed an Xl coffee

Last edited by Britt3; September 6th, 2013 at 08:57 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search