Telling Dh/DP

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By sara121773
  • 1 Post By meld10
  • 3 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2013, 05:14 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
When you find out that you're expecting, do you think you'll do something special to tell your partner that he's going to be a Daddy?

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Ive never told him in a creative way, so i will probably just tell him or show him the test
THE angry uterus likes this.

September 1st, 2013, 05:44 PM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
I hope so, but since we work together and then will be both out of work and moving over the course of a month, he may be there when I POAS and I might not be able to surprise him.
September 1st, 2013, 05:54 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I'm caught between two hard places, one on hand I think it would be really neat to do something sweet and surprise him but on the other I may feel guilty testing without him there as he is just as if not more excited lol.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 1st, 2013, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Probably not. I get embarrassed and scared about things like this. Not sure why, maybe cause my first was not planned and I was a teen mom so I was afraid of people judging me? Anyway, last time I just showed him the digi. I would like for him to be there when I take the test, but I will likely start testing crazy early, lol, cause I like torturing myself. Then it will be so faint he wont think its positive and he will burst my bubble so I will have to wait until its dark enough to be believable, hence the digi. Can't deny that!! LOL
Britt3 likes this.
September 1st, 2013, 09:31 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
If we get pregnant before just Christmas, I plan to put the stick in his stocking or wrap it.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

September 2nd, 2013, 03:10 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have yet to be creative. Our first was a major oops. Our second was after losses and I had no faith we would keep him. And Jo was more me being frustrated with my body (I was trying to get PPAF) and then testing and being like "um, this might be why I am feeling this way!"

I actually would love something creative. I just will have to figure out what! I think it would be cool for our last.
September 3rd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Nah, we'll probably take the test together like we did last time.

September 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I've thought about having DS1 tell him over dinner or something but then again I'm not sure I would want DS1 to know until we're ready to tell everyone else because he'd probably spill the beans lol.
September 3rd, 2013, 12:40 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
I would like to do something cute. Idk haven't thought about it much. Last time he knew I was testing and he works nights so he texted me and asked and I said I didn't test that I was waiting till the morning for fmu and he believed me. He came home for lunch (with my mom, they work together) and I told him to come with me. I took him in the bathroom and showed him and he smiled so big, then I told him to wipe the grin off of his face cause I didn't want my mom to know.
Britt3 likes this.
September 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got this cute little onesie with "future captain" written on it with a little sailboat on it. I am planning on putting it on the bed with digi beside it ( I also anticipate BF wil have trouble seeing two lines ahah so digi cannot lie!). I get home from work before him so I plan on doing this right before he gets home :-).
Britt3 likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
September 5th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I told my DS's dad in a creative way! It was kind of an oopsy pregnancy, and so I tested on my own while he was at work. Then I bought the movie "Knocked Up," and a card with booties on the front (inside it said congratulations). I put the tests inside the card. When I gave it to him that evening I told him it was a late bday gift. His bday was just two weeks prior (when we conceived, lol) and I didn't buy him anything because I threw a huge party (why we conceived. Lmao). So it was all believable! Then when he opened the card he was shocked. He started laughing and asking if I was serious. Then we cried and laughed. Lol.

This time with my DP, I think we will want to test together. He's also excited about it all, so I don't want to take that from him. we'll see.. Lol. But I'm also impatient and I'm sure I'll be testing way before I should. Lol

Edited to add- I realize the title of the movie, and my story probably makes me sound like a real peach... Lol. But that's just my humor.
AtomicMama, humnck and meld10 like this.

Last edited by Britt3; September 5th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
September 9th, 2013, 11:11 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Britt, I like your humor

I'll probably tell him pretty quickly without too much fanfare. We've already had 2 losses together (and I have a previous history of early miscarriage), so I think it will be a nervous time for us both.

September 9th, 2013, 11:42 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Its always nice to see the happiness in DH's face when he knows we are expecting. I love the way his face lights up even when hes the one who went to buy the test and reads it first!!
September 9th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With DD1, I was so shocked that we had gotten pg so quickly after the loss that I shoved the test in his face...lmao! With the 1st pg that we lost, I just showed him the test, same with the 3rd pg, which we also lost. With DD2, I waited until he got in the shower, took the test and jumped back in bed after I saw the 2nd line and left it on the counter for when he got out of the shower. He came in and kept saying, "there are 2 lines, 2, 2 lines"...lol!

I really wish I could keep a secret long enough, I wanted to buy a Tar Heel onesie or sippy cup and wrap it and give it to him, but I couldn't hold out that long. Maybe this time I can hold out and do something cute. I love the "bun in the oven" idea, but I'm not sure I could pull it off
Britt3 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search