Not looking forward to...

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2013, 09:18 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I Know that most of us are super excited or impatient to get pregnant and have a baby, but what are you NOT excited about?

I'm interested to see the answers. I'm like YAY BABY but hyperventilate a little bit just thinking about pregnancy again.

September 25th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I'm NOT excited for morning sickness. I had it with both the boys sooo bad. I'm also not excited for never being comfortable in the third trimester.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

September 26th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
heartburn, i have terrible hb when im pregnant

September 26th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Veteran
I'm not looking forward to morning sickness as well. I had it with my daughter and it went right through until the second trimester. My doctor thinks I'm also a "pregnant stoner" which means I get kidney stones when pregnant. I've never had them until I got pregnant and had three episodes of it. I pray he's wrong and that when I am pregnant with my next child I don't get any stones

September 26th, 2013, 04:55 AM
steampunk's Avatar TTC #1!
Not looking forward to my in-laws wanting to butt in about everything. They forced themselves on our JoP wedding that my patents were unable to attend (we were going to have a wedding laterthat bith parents could attend) and MY mother will be the first to know I am pregnant and the first to see the baby because of that. If we do not end up in southern California, we'll have to do something drastic about the MIL.
September 26th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Ugh Brittany. I can relate to that. I was hospitalized with kidney stones during each pregnancy and had stones surgically removed after each birth. Breastfeeding doesn't help either.

September 26th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Hydronephrosis. I'm really hoping I don't get it again.

September 26th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gestational Diabetes I had it with my first pregnancy

September 26th, 2013, 07:33 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
People's opinions on our name choices I'm sure many (my mom included) won't be real impressed with them, and will happily let us know.

Also, breastfeeding. I hate to admit it, but I seriously hated nursing DS I always wanted it to be a special bonding experience, and I really AM so glad that I nursed him for his first year, but I never actually enjoyed it, and I hated so much of what came with it (leaking, multiple cases of mastitis, pain, the time it took, the discomfort I felt constantly, waking up soaked). I know I'll nurse my next child, but I'm already dreading it. It doesn't help that DSD was bottle fed, so DH really doesn't understand why it's a big deal to me to nurse our babies.

September 26th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
I AM excited, but if I had it my way we wouldn't have anymore (I promised dh 4, we have 3). Part of the reason why is that pregnancy is really hard on me. I hate morning sickness and hormones make me very ill tempered and crazy-emotional (kind of the opposite of my normal personality). I gain 65 lbs with every pregnancy, and though I lose it, it has wreaked my body. I always seem to get really sick every pregnancy as well. Pneumonia, flu, strep, ear infections galore...yeah Im not fond of pregnancy, but I love a new baby. Totally worth it

September 26th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not looking forward to the name thing either MIL super opinionated last time she did not have a problem letting us know she didn't like my DD name and giving opinions of names she approved, not that I cared what she said but being pg did not help with all the emotions.

September 26th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Not looking forward to,
Morning sickness
Ligament pain
Kidney issues
Not being able to take meds
Bed rest
Anxiety
Birth
Tears
Lack of sex life
Needing to pump at work
Possibly needing to give up allergens for a colicky baby
Getting fat
Sleepless nights (though I'm still here now lol)
3 in car seats

September 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
There's nothing I'm blah about when it comes to the pregnancy part, I'm not so excited about the waking up every 2 hour part that comes with a newborn though.

OH morning sickness! I forgot about that... yeah I really could do without that part.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 26th, 2013, 08:05 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I really dislike the hormonal chaos that takes over from pee stick to 3 months postpartum. I generally love pregnancy and birth. I am "eh" on newborns, but they are snuggly and it's short, so I don't mind. But I struggle with feeling foreign in my head and body. I cry randomly, get really mad at weird times, lose all interest in my spouse, get ridiculous sleep issues (in pregnancy). It's like I don't recognize my own reactions to things. I look forward to when it dies down because then I don't have to worry about bursting into tears at a birthday party or having rage over spilled milk.
September 27th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
I'm not looking forward to announcing (unless my sil and bf get pregnant first then I'll be excited about that), not looking forward to not being able to sleep on my stomach, the pain that I got last time, dealing with people asking about names or if I'm having twins (I was huge last time), not looking forward to comments I know I will get about not finding out what we're having.

September 27th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
NOT looking forward to

Morning sickness- More like all day sickness for me. It wasn't too bad with DS1, lasted from 7-12wks but DS2 I was sick morning, noon, night from 7-18wks and then randomly throughout the rest of my pregnancy

Heartburn/ Acid Reflux- I get it really bad and waking up choking in my sleep on acid

Weight Gain- Really, really dreading this one!
September 27th, 2013, 08:51 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am dreading morning sickness. I had one month of straight nausea and exhaustion when I was pregnant with dd. I can't even imagine going through that and taking care of a toddler at the same time.

I am worried about how dd will take to the new baby. I know that a sibling is one of the best gifts I could ever give her but I know she will feel jilted and dethroned at first

Day to day life, running errands and whatnot will be doubly "fun" with two kids in tow. Not looking forward to that!

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

September 28th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post

I am worried about how dd will take to the new baby. I know that a sibling is one of the best gifts I could ever give her but I know she will feel jilted and dethroned at first
Of course every child is different, but I wanted to tell you it might not be at bad as you may think DS1 was 25mths when we had DS2 and he was and still is sooo good with him! The first day we were home was when DS2 was 24hrs old and was the first time DS1 had seen him (He couldn't come to the hospital because of Flu season ). He wanted to hold him constantly, help feed him, ect. It amazes me! I say all the time I believe he was destined to be a Big Brother. Of course we have our days, but anyone is going to have those.

Anywho... I was worried to death too about it but thankfully I didn't have nothing to worry about. So don't worry too much until the new one gets here
October 3rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a big pregnancy fan either, I'm more of a newborn and infant person. My goal isn't necessarily the pregnancy itself but the end product.

I least look forward to announcing our PG. I have always hated that. I hate the comments you get, the judgement people pass on you at work... since this will be #6 for me, #3 for DH, I expect to hear a lot of rude comments, mostly from my family.

I also HATE going to all the stupid prenatal appointments and loath the third trimester and all the pain (and it is very painful for me) and contractions it brings. If I could get an ultrasound at each appointment, I would be much more willing to go to them all! LOL Oh, and I hate the testing and the rhogam shots, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search