Want a second

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2005, 10:52 PM
theycallmelisa
I'd love to have a 2nd child, this time with ME being the bio mom (fiance has child from previous relationship) Our little one is only 19 months old, and I want to have kids close together in age... but we just can't afford it right now There's no way we could possibly, and it's crushing my wants of having another one!

Don't really think theres any tips anyone can give (if moneys tight, moneys tight, right? haha) ... just felt like whining I guess.
April 22nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
ChasingBaby's Avatar Member
Hey there. You are pretty much in our situation. My husband and I have an 18 month old daughter. We said we wanted our children close in age but always disputed on "how close".

Whenever we are out and someone asks him "When are you having another?", I always hear him mention when I am 20 ( I am 19, turning 20 next month ). I hardly doubt that will happen anytime soon. Money is good for where we are now, but I don't think he wants to add another child into the mix right now. I have to agree. We get stressed out when money woes do fly up, and I wouldn't want to add another child right now if we aren't sure.

Good luck and don't worry. The time will come.

April 22nd, 2005, 11:28 AM
mommyofdani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyofdani
I am really starting to get the itch, too. But we aren't financially where we want to be to have another. I can totally feel where you both are coming from though. The only advice that I have to tell you is to live vicariously through someone who is having a baby sorry I am not too much help

April 22nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
tsh32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
our biggest blessing was me getting a full-time job. it's not a lot of money, but it's mroe thatn we need, and the best part is that it includes benefits. so if we can just sit tight (it takes at least nine months, huh), we'lll be okay!

April 22nd, 2005, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tsh32@Apr 22 2005, 12:49 PM
our biggest blessing was me getting a full-time job. it's not a lot of money, but it's mroe thatn we need, and the best part is that it includes benefits.* so if we can just sit tight (it takes at least nine months, huh), we'lll be okay!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

That is one of the best things I love about my job. All I have to pay insurance wise is my co-payment. My company pays the rest.
At Justin's job to have both of us on dental and Savannah and him on medical it's only $83/month.

April 22nd, 2005, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tsh32@Apr 22 2005, 12:49 PM
our biggest blessing was me getting a full-time job. it's not a lot of money, but it's mroe thatn we need, and the best part is that it includes benefits.* so if we can just sit tight (it takes at least nine months, huh), we'lll be okay!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

That is one of the best things I love about my job. All I have to pay insurance wise is my co-payment. My company pays the rest.
At Justin's job to have both of us on dental and Savannah and him on medical it's only $83/month.

April 26th, 2005, 09:35 AM
theycallmelisa
thanks for the replies.. I'm currently unemployed right now, but theres a good possiblity i may have a good administrative job at the airport in our city... so i have to wait quite awhile before we can try...

I told my fiance yesterday that I wanted to have a baby. His face lit up and said "when?!" I know he's excited at the thought of another, it just sucks we're going to have to wait so long... I keep thinking; AT LEAST 9 months until I can go on Mat. leave, plus another 9 months of preggo's .... Michael will already be 3 by the time he has a brother or sister... not too bad i guess, now that i think of it... bah, i dont know! lol
April 28th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
I know where you are coming from too! I want to get at least 30-40lbs off before TTC and pay off some debt. I am soooo ready right now but I know that its not the best timing. Good Luck to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search