well I was hoping this would be our month.

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2014, 06:27 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
I was hoping we would start TTC this month but I guess it's not gonna happen. DH still isn't 100% on board. I'm not really sure where he stands as it seems to change all the time. I'm starting to resent the fact that he won't even talk about it. He literally just laughs at me and says I'm crazy. I know he's doing it in a joking way but it really is bothering me.

January 2nd, 2014, 08:37 PM
Dude, thats ******.. my ex boyfriend ALWAYS talked about it but when time came, he always backed out.. he just said it to keep me around. Not saying thats your man at all, my ex was a rare breed of dickhead.

Maybe a sit down..? Just a in-depth talk, face to face, sitting, no distractions...
xox. thinking of you.
January 3rd, 2014, 09:20 AM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried talking having a serious talk about it with him? and let you know that it really is bothering you when he talks like that
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

January 4th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Momma View Post
Have you tried talking having a serious talk about it with him? and let you know that it really is bothering you when he talks like that
This. Men don't get subtlety. He will not know that you really want to TTC and his jokes are hurting you unless you tell him flat out.

January 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM
He knows I really want another. He isn't doing it to be mean but he really doesn't know if he wants another. Our daughter is a handful. We work opposite shifts so he would have her and the baby all day alone so I can understand but still it sucks!

January 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sara, I think you need to sit him down and have a serious convo about this. He knows your serious, but he isn't taking you seriously. I would sit him down, lay everything out there, tell him, look, I do want another, we can figure things out.

You are doing things to better yourself, going to school, looking for better opportunities, your schedule may go back to being on the same page one day, who knows, #3 could be totally chill And Jill is in that getting into everything stage, I bet she will calm down. I think you need to also ask him why he is so back and forth, what is keeping him from wanting another. Ask if he has fears of any sort. Maybe what he is actually feeling is not what he is putting out there when you have those "in passing" conversations? Maybe have him write it down.
sara121773 likes this.

January 7th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I agree, I think you need to sit down and discuss everything. Make a timeline for your future and see where each of you are at.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

January 7th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Cary you make me feel so much better <3 I think I will sit him down and really talk about it. I know I joke a lot with him and we are never really serious about anything. I need this to be seriously discussed. I love him so much. I'd really hate if I became so unhappy that it couldn't be fixed. I don't want to grow to hate him because I feel like he kept me from getting what I want.

January 9th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I (wo)maned up and talked to Tim today. I told him how I would really like to loose 25 lbs and start ttc in march/april. If we TTC after my march cycle then we would be finding out around our anniversary we were pregnant and the baby would be due in January of 2015. He seemed Ok with it. He said it sounded good. That so far was the best response I have gotten.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search