Back and Forth...

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rainbow Momma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2014, 09:49 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Does anyone else go back and forth on deciding to even have another child? I swear is a DAILY struggle for me!! We have two boys.. 3.5 and 2 this month. Most days i am content with two but sometimes I crave another. I dont know if its my hormones or what but I cant decide!! DH doesnt care either way which doesnt help. He says, whatever you want!

grrr
DS3- Born 11/4/14
January 5th, 2014, 10:46 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Yup I'm there. I thought I wanted #3, bug freaked out after TTC one cycle. Deciding to have the first 2 was easy. #3 seems to be the game changer.

January 5th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I think its really normal to feel that way

January 5th, 2014, 07:09 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I have pregnancy fever, but I'm afraid of another child.

January 5th, 2014, 07:37 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderland View Post
I have pregnancy fever, but I'm afraid of another child.
This. 100 times. I am the same right now. And while I know we ultimately want a fourth, I think this stage might be longer than I had hoped. I understand what you mean about not being sure and waffling. I'm terrified that if I decide against it (out of fear), that I'll regret it 10 years down the road. But it's also a big leap, especially when things are good and you feel comfortable where you are. I am finding, more and more, that many people struggle when "picking" their family size. When to stop, how to feel done, how to move beyond babyhood, etc. I certainly don't think you are alone (either of you).
January 6th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Some days I want another others days I'm fine with just Dd. Right now we are still waiting for at least 12 months.

January 6th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know for sure I want more so I can't relate to that, but I can agree on the pregnancy fever thing. I'd get pregnant right now (if I was at least 30lbs lighter) because I really want to experience being pregnant again, giving birth ,ect. I LOVE all that! BUT I don't want another baby right now. lol

January 6th, 2014, 09:22 PM
MusicMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went back and forth for a very long time..... DH went back and forth for even longer. It a big decision so I think it's normal to think it over and sway "back and forth"

January 7th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First, i absolutely loooove your siggy! GO CHIEFS! (what a disappointment on sat!)

Anyway I dont flip flop too much but the thought is always in the back of my head of what if i cant do this. I think its very normal.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

January 7th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm the SAME way. I want another, I'm just so scared of what may happen. On the one hand, I would love to wait until we are more stable financially. Maybe do a couple of projects around the house. However, I think if we wait until then I will be 80...lmao! So, I am thinking we will wait until closer to when DD1 goes to school so daycare costs go down significantly.

On occasion, I think I might want 2 more, but I don't know if my mental state can handle that

January 7th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Hi Ashley!

I don't really go back and forth, I know I definitely want another, but I'm scared of how much harder daily life is going to get going from 1 to 2.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

January 7th, 2014, 03:17 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2-3 has been harder than i anticipated, but our circumstances were a lot different than i expected. hes the first baby im unable to bf so i am hooked up to pump all the time, then feeding him, then washing bottles and pump parts...such a disaster....and he's my first baby who had special care required - he had an NG for 2 weeks, and he is extreme FTT...i think if he had been like 1&2 it wouldve been a lot easier to transition..but as it is, its not terrible. my kids are relatively close in age (3 kids in 4 years) and my 2 year old can be a super nightmare...but i already know i definitely want a 4th...my biggest fear is another boy!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 11th, 2014, 03:50 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I know...so sad the CHiefs lost!!

Thanks ladies. Glad I am not the only one! There are days I think I am bipolar because of how much I flip flop.

I have also lost 120 lbs since my youngest was born and weigh less now than i did in high school. I had gained 50 lbs with each of my boys, so that scares me!
DS3- Born 11/4/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search