Whats everyone doing to prepare?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2014, 09:45 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Ny specific exercise?
Going off meds?
Changing diet?
Losing weight?
Adding supplements?

This will be third and final, so I just want to get it right.

April 24th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I've been trying to lose a little more weight, but I haven't been too seriously motivated.
Last month when my women's daily vitamin ran out I switched to prenatals.
I'm trying to start cutting out caffeine again.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

April 24th, 2014, 07:08 AM
michelle_m's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been running to get some exercise lately, but just for personal health reasons. Aside from trying to cut out (or at least cut down) caffeine, I'm not doing much to prepare for pregnancy. I do have a plan in place if we run into infertility issues again: baby aspirin, royal jelly, pre-seed lubricant, and lots of lemon water.
Unexplained Infertility - TTC #1 since 5/08.
6/10 - IUI #3 with Clomid 75mg. BFP! 6/27/10...It's TWINS!
Esme Mireille, 3 lbs. 10 oz., and Nadine Adele, 4 lbs. 4 oz., born Jan 29th. 2011.
5/14 - TTC #3.

My Ovulation Chart

April 24th, 2014, 07:28 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I'm trying to lose weight and become healthier. We aren't trying for 2 years, so I should be able to get to a healthy weight by then. I'm taking prenatals, because I'm breastfeeding, so I'll probably continue those even after I stop breastfeeding. That's all I'm doing.
April 24th, 2014, 10:13 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I need to exercise. I would like to lose 10 lbs... But that's probably not realistic in the time frame I'm looking at.

I'm taking rainbow light prenatals, and a fish oil supplement.

I want to wean off my sleeping pills and caffeine.

April 25th, 2014, 11:59 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm trying to lose my pregnancy weight from my first 2 daughters. We also want them to be in school before adding another baby. 2 under 2 is enough of a handful for us right now LOL. I'm hoping we own a house by that time too.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
April 25th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Like everyone else, I am trying to lose weight lol. I need to lose about 80lbs all together but I want to lose at least 40lbs before TTC. That is my own personal goal I have set to accomplish before we TTC. I just started up seriously walking and in a week or two am starting the C25K running plan. Hopefully that will help shed this weight.

A goal DH and I have together is to be in a bigger house. We won't be in a position to buy any time soon probably but are in the process of looking to rent something. Just hard to find something that is what we need within our price range in our area. We have to have a bigger house before a 3rd baby is born because we have ZERO room.

Other than those two things, nothing really
April 25th, 2014, 06:39 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I'm actually going on medicine I just restarted anti-anxiety meds (I've taken them in all three other pregnancies, but I can't take them while co-sleeping, so I am usually off them until I either need them or baby is sleeping more independently). I also will need to start aspirin before baby-making time. But I can do that right at the month we start trying. Otherwise, we are just waiting on a good time. Oh, and I'm ditching caffeine slowly again. It will take me a while. Lol.
April 28th, 2014, 07:32 AM
BriarRose's Avatar Steampunk Goddess
I need to gain weight. I have always been underweight even when I was eating like a pig and exercising regularly. I just can't keep weight on easily. Various medical issues have gotten me out of shape which also has not helped with the appetite (can't consume when you don't burn) but between all the outdoor stuff like the beach, I ought to be able to get back into shape quicker.
May 12th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
Like everyone else, I am trying to lose weight lol. I need to lose about 80lbs all together but I want to lose at least 40lbs before TTC. That is my own personal goal I have set to accomplish before we TTC. I just started up seriously walking and in a week or two am starting the C25K running plan. Hopefully that will help shed this weight.
I've done the C25K plan successfully in the past, and after this loooong winter, I am in desperate need of some exercise, so I am back at it. I started up at week 4 last week and am now into week 5. How are you progressing?

Aside from increasing my activity level and making some better food choices, I'm not doing much. I don't drink coffee or much alcohol as it is, so it's easy to avoid (and as an added bonus, my eventual abstention from them won't raise any eyebrows!)

The countdown is really on for us now. As you may recall, we're waiting because I am in a couple of weddings in June and July and need to fit in my already purchased and altered dresses! We intend to start TTC next cycle!
May 12th, 2014, 04:46 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I need to lose weight for a wedding in November so hopefully I manage to do that, then keep it off forever lol. I have little goals but I'll worry about them more when I'm like 6 months away from TTC.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search