I'm going to be high risk when I get pregnant again :(

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I finally had my postpartum checkup on Friday. After Brock passed, I was transferred to an OB (I wouldn't want midwives again anyway, TBH) and it took him a while to get me in because he wanted to discuss my results at length & he keeps a busy schedule. I had a battery of tests done after Brock's birth because he wanted to be 100% sure that I won't have any other risk factors in my subsequent pregnancies, so he knew it might take a while to go over the results in reasonable detail with my husband and I.

As it turns out, I have a 99% clean bill of health... BUT I do have some protein deficiencies that leave me vulnerable to blood clotting. :/ Apparently, it is often not problematic, but I'm no longer allowed to use birth control pills because it tends to worsen the issue, and I might be prescribed blood thinners when I do get pregnant again. I'll also be closely monitored at a specialty hospital and sent in for bi-weekly ultrasounds to make sure everything is going well.

I'm not sure how I feel about this just yet. I feel fortunate because I am at the milder end of 'high-risk' - the odds are that it will be a complete non-issue, and I am relieved that I am otherwise perfectly healthy - but I'm now worried about the that ever-so-teeny-tiny chance that it might be a problem. I've already had some pretty terrible luck with playing games of odds - the likelihood of having a stillbirth in my region is about 1 in 160, but I managed to be that 1. I'd hate to be that one person who also suffered serious issues because of a tiny problem, kwim? :/

The one piece of good news we took away from the meeting is that we are clear to start TTC again after my first PP AF, so we are impatiently awaiting that! I never thought I would be eager to get my period, and yet here I am... lol.

Gee, what a long, rambling post - sorry! I suppose I just needed to vent, I'm a little uneasy about the whole thing. Anyone else know that they have any risk factors to consider when going into a pregnancy? Please share a success story with me, if you have one!
Nathan George, our rainbow, arrived @38 weeks (10/8/2015)
Tentatively expecting our THIRD child June 2018!

December 16th, 2014, 06:17 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Hugs sweetie, I'm glad your doctor was nice and thorough and that they're going to take good care of you x

♥ Isla Rae Due August 28th

(24.11.15)
December 16th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpgrl8
First I want to say I am sorry for your loss. Stay strong (I know it's easier said than done).
I will be high risk, according to my doctor, so long as I request vbac, even if I am pg before 35. No other health conditions. I did suffer an abruption during labor with my oldest son and rcs with my daughter.

Sorry about the large font. At least seems that way on my phone.
March 15th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Veteran
I'll be high risk thanks to my lovely genetic gift of diabetes.

March 16th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Super Mommy
hey! first...im sorry about your loss. i cant imagine that kind of pain...although, i have been in direct contact with friends and family that have had to go through it....so i have some idea, i guess. ANYWAYS, i just wanted to give encouragement. my SIL lost their little girl at 22wks and after doing lots and lots of testing found she is also prone to blood clots during pregnancy (the reason why she lost the baby). she is now pregnant again (currently 6wks along), about 6 months after losing the baby...but is having to do daily shots in the abdomen of blood thinners and take baby advil every morning to keep her blood from clotting. i just wanted to give you encouragement...that it may take alot of extra effort (unfortunately), but that it is still possible to have a healthy pregnancy even with the blood clotting factor. i hope everything works out for you and your SO. {{HUGS!!}}

March 19th, 2015, 05:43 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Trying for a 2016 Baby
Hi, first of all, I'm so sorry for your loss!!

I totally understand that it must be a little nervewrecking knowing you'll be high risk, however, so glad they found out already and know from the beginning to take extra care.

Hugs!
March 26th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Yes, I get Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy, and I have a heart baby. So, I have to be seen by an MFM and once my liver function starts to decline, I have to take an Rx until the baby is born and early delivery is recommended & we have fetal echos to monitor the baby for congenital heart defects. If I am able to get pregnant again, I will be seen by MFM from day 1. They do an ultrasound at every single appointment. My first was born prematurely but my second was early term! So, I'm hopefully I can go all the way to 38 weeks next time, maybe even 39.
NTNP 2/12. TTC 7/2012. ATTC 1/2013. TTCMA 01/2014.
790 Days Later: BFP 4/24. EDD 1/6. Dx ICP @ 32wks. DS born @ 37w5d.
We were WTTC(MA) until 2019. Whoops!

http://www.yourwholebaby.org
April 12th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Try to improve your eating. Focus on healthy recipes, many of risks can be beaten with right food eating... If you want to know what to eat, just go on my web about pregnancy & recipes... its here: I called it Healthy Pregnancy Recipes & diet feel free to ask me if you would like to see something special on my web. also I have and great thing about pregnancy problems etc: Pregnancy Miracle
Thank you & hope it will help you
PS: sorry for my english, I am not native speaker.
September 26th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Hello and welcome friend. I am feeling happyto see that you are on right path to achieve your target in limited timeperiod. You need not to lose hope. You can easily overcome this difficult situationin your life in easy medical research based treatment available in medicalhistory. I am here for you to understand your problem in easy and effectiveway. You can easily achieve your target through my personal life experiencethat guide you right path setup by step to convert your dream into reality. Youcan easily achieve your goal with strong determination toward your wish. I alsoface same situation in my life just 2 year ago. I want to forget those days ofmy life that are full of stress and depression due to my conceiving problemthat feels my whole body nervousness. I want to overcome this difficultsituation at any cost. We consult with the popular gynecologist of Ukraine toclear my doubts regarding my conceiving problem in this confusing situation. Iwant to express kind hearts thanks to God to understand my problem and providesufficient support from my husband side to defeat this horrible problem in mylife.
It is time to start your planning with naturalway that enhance your success rate in complete medical research statement toget real value of time and money with healthy baby gift in your life thatfulfill your whole life with happiness like me. It is dream of every woman toenjoy labor fruit in life. You can start your planning with healthy lifestylelike morning walk and easy exercises as your capacity that is very beneficialin this busy schedule life with less physical activity that help you to createwin-win situation in your life to achieve your target.
October 6th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Libby22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
gald to see you got your baby

My Ovulation Chart

missed m/c 28 march 2010- Toni 11 weeks CP 11 march 2015- Katie 4 weeks 10 May 2015 Lilly- 4 weeks CP blighted ovum 2017

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search