How r u trena

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2005, 12:27 PM
jaylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trena,
How r u doing? I've been thinking about you. How's everything going w/your tests and stuff? How's your bp?
Jamie
April 26th, 2005, 01:32 PM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
Jamie,
Thanks!!! I have warm fuzzies now . I meant to write a reply back over the weekend, but time slipped away and now here it is Tuesday (sometimes my week just seems to all blend together...guess that means it went fast )
I am so frustrated with the bp thing-I work for the Red Cross and so I can just sneak over to the donor room at different times during the day and have the nurses take my bp. I had been swelling up as well (I am well on my way to developing cankles (where your calf meets your ankle and everything is so swollen that there is no definition-definitely not an attractive thing!!!)) so when I wasn't as swollen on Monday I was so excited thinking that maybe my bp had dropped some too....I made sure that I was very calm (I like my job-REALLY and it isn't stressful!!!) and then went and had the nurses take it...141/91
I don't get to find out the results of the blood work until the 10th...so I'm really holding my breath that it is just a combined mix of genetics and stress from being sick and not kidney damage (stress I can handle but kidney damage...well, I'd have to be really really even more upset)
I did some preliminary research on the DASH diet-I even ordered a book from the heart, lung and kidney institute (If I could remember the website, I'd put it up!!) that gives recipes and mealplans for DASH...was it really hard when you started doing it? Just looking it over, it doesn't look too different from what I already pretty much eat...
Other than that, How are you?!!! Where are your pressures at and how much longer do you have to keep monitoring at home?
Have a great day

Found the link for the DASH stuff (recipes etc) if you are interested...here it is:
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/

April 26th, 2005, 03:17 PM
jaylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey,
Totally feel your frustration when u think ur calm and take your bp and it's high. It's nice that you can have the nurses take your bp during the day. Sounds like fun working for the red cross. I used to be a donor, but haven't in a long time.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed about your kidney tests. My doc did kidney, thyroid, insulin, and a bunch of other tests on me too. They all came back negative so at least right now that's not a problem. my legs never swell, but my hands swell a lot, I can't tell if it's from food or what, and I can't tell if the swelling is related to high bp or not. Don't u wish there was another way they could test your bp? that way you wouldn't have to worry about stress causing it to go up.

My bp has been pretty good lately. I haven't taken it for a few days b/c I caught a stomach virus. I'm going to wait until I've been ok for a few days b/4 I take it again that way I'll be able to tell if it's high and can't blame it on illness. Do you ever get obsessive w/taking you bp. I know I have to watch myself or I'd be attached to my bp monitor all day. Oh.....the frustration
The dash diet was sort of hard at first, mostly to fit in all of those fruits and vegetables everyday. I've been doing it for maybe 4 weeks now(?) and it's become really easy. I just try to add lots of fruits and vegetables to all of the meals I cook and that's what I have as snacks now instead of processed foods. The best thing about it is that my weight has stabilized. I lost 20lbs from Oct-Jan doing weight watchers, but I kept having that 5-10lb weight swing. Now my weight stays pretty much the same, which is great. I'll check out that website. let me know what recipes you like the best.

Good good good luck doing the dash diet. I know you can stick with it. I'll be here to help support you.

Right now we also have the best motivation in the world to eat a really good diet. It's best for baby.
Jamie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search