Anyone use this brand of BC?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2005, 01:19 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Hello Again-

I posted awhile back about my hubby complaining about my sex drive (or lack of one ). Here is that post.

Anyways, I went to my doctor Monday (April 25) and she gave me a trial package of Yasmin to try next month. She said that there was a study on this particular problem with Ortho Tri-Cyclen and it showed that most people didn't have any problems with their sex drive. She said Yasmin might work for me, but to let her know. I was just wondering if anyone else has used it or are still using it and what you think of it. I am not one to judge a book by its cover but I was just curious to know how it worked with other people.

Also, she suggested a book to me that might help in this area as well and I plan on getting it soon (probaly this weekend), but don't have a car or job and my hubby just started a new job. It is called Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Leman. Has anyone read this book?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Christina

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

April 27th, 2005, 04:52 AM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
Quote:
Originally posted by SavaAngel@Apr 27 2005, 03:19 AM
Hello Again-

I posted awhile back about my hubby complaining about my sex drive (or lack of one ).* Here is that post.

Anyways, I went to my doctor Monday (April 25) and she gave me a trial package of Yasmin to try next month. She said that there was a study on this particular problem with Ortho Tri-Cyclen and it showed that most people didn't have any problems with their sex drive. She said Yasmin might work for me, but to let her know. I was just wondering if anyone else has used it or are still using it and what you think of it. I am not one to judge a book by its cover but I was just curious to know how it worked with other people.

Also, she suggested a book to me that might help in this area as well and I plan on getting it soon (probaly this weekend), but don't have a car or job and my hubby just started a new job. It is called Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Leman. Has anyone read this book?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Christina*
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Christina-
I was on Yasmin until recently and it was *okay*. I found that it also decreased my drive, but on the plus side, I didn't gain wait and overall it was okay. My only other complaint was that it seemed like it took af longer to start with Yasmin than with another brand that I had been on before. Not that that is a huge deal, but possibly so when you are waiting for her to appear with baited breath
HTH!

April 27th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A friend of mine, was on Yasmin and had ALOT of break through bleeding. I've never been on it so I can't tell ya first hand.

But i'm on OTC, and i've noticed a little bit of a decrease in sex drive.
April 27th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to amanda817
I was horrible on Yasmin
*lack of sex drive
*moody
*bloated
*craved sweets
The only thing good about it was my periods were on time and light, maybe 3 days. I went off it because I had horrible stomach cramps all month.
My younger sister says she's fine on it though, depends on the woman I guess.

Amanda & Chris
April 27th, 2005, 02:22 PM
jaylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christina,
I've never tried Yasmin but I had the same problem on OTC and OTC lo (no sex drive). As for the Dr. Leman book I would highly recommend it. My dh and i did the Building a marriage that lasts a lifetime series by him and it was awesome ( he quoted his sheet music book a lot and it sounds great. we want to get it). he's a great author and I think his books on marriage are great for all couples.
Jamie
April 28th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hmmm i was on it and now im 21 weeks pregnant.. wouldnt be my first choice of BC

May 4th, 2005, 01:42 PM
ericalaurel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ericalaurel
hi savaangel,

I was on Yasmin for two months, until I had to throw them out. If you have any sort of problems with depression please be careful with this product. I've heard it works really well on keeping hormone levels lower, etc.--I found this to be the worst product for me in terms of that. I also had an allergic reaction of some sort to it as well...but that was just my experience. I have used Ovcon (an older brand, i know) for several years with no problems-hope I've helped somehow.

and congrats heffalump!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search