So totally OT...but it will make me feel better :)

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2005, 06:37 PM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
So have you ever just had one of THOSE kind of (lives) weeks?!! I am a firm believer that bad things come in 3's. Bad thing #1: My doctor a week ago today telling me that because my bp is so high, I cannot take my bc pills (if I didn't know better, I'd almost guess that *someone* is trying to tell me something ) and that there is a possibility that I may have kidney damage but we won't know until all my bloodwork comes back on the 10th of May (yeah, I'm doing alot of deep breathing these days)
Bad thing #2: I come home late last night from work to find our hot water heater out on the sidewalk in front of our house. I walk in the house and lo and behold there is a trail of water all the way down the stairs (we live in an old converted house that was turned into three apts. and we live upstairs very cool, but very old) and in my front hallway in the closet where the water heater goes there is a brand new water heater...and the carpet in the closet is soaked and the carpet in the hall outside the closet is soaked...I would ask my dhabout all this, but he works nights and wouldn't be home until after 7am. So I decide that if I weren't supposed to use the water, dh would have left a note. I start to run a bath (THE answer to a long ugly day) and lo and behold no water. I just gave up and went to bed. Luckily today we have hot water again.
Bad thing #3: DH's grandma passed away this morning. This was pretty expected since she had been in the hospital over a month and was 85 on Monday. The crummy part is that DH's brother flies in tonight from Bolivia where he has been for the past two years.
I would even eat something really good (like Ben & Jerry's) to chase my sorrows away...But it has too much sodium and other rotten stuff that I am not supposed to have right now because of the bp. So I guess I'll just go eat some more vegetables and be bitter.
Thanks for listening because, really, now I do feel just a bit better about the past week!

April 29th, 2005, 07:20 PM
jaylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trena,
So sorry to hear about your bad week. Prayers are w/you and DH. As for the Ben and Jerry's I won't tell if you won't. I had one of those weeks too ( no deaths, just crummy illnesses and rotten hours for my dh) so I had a sub and a cookie tonight. Sometimes it really can make it better.
Jamie
April 29th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, sorry to hear about your week. DH and I have had one of those too. We own our own company and anything that could go wrong, did. What gives you strength to move on, is knowing that there will be better days Keep your chin up, things will get better soon!!

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

May 1st, 2005, 02:45 PM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
Thanks guys! Not that things have gotten any better (I managed to lose my checkbook to an account that I still have open in Idaho-I live in Virginia now- Saturday at Wal-Mart stink stink stink ) but my dh has been especially nice this weekend and I went on a daytrip with some friends and bought some expensive baby yarn that will be fun to make into things, so it hasn't been ALL bad. Thanks for the encouragement though-I have warm fuzzies

May 2nd, 2005, 05:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I swear, for every good thing that happens a billion bad things do. I got a new job, and my car is almost dead I can't drive it [it feels like i'm driving on a wavy ocean lake],etc. It will get better -- in time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search