Who Care If I Wear Him!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2006, 09:56 PM
mommiesbab_e's Avatar Regular
I walked in to the kidlets sore witch it lightly used clothings and things. Any way I went in there to see if they had slings cause mine is starting to rip......and the lady looks at me wierd and says
Hes to big for one of thoughs.
He dosent need one.

OMG excuse me! I mean theres people in afica who wear there babys till 4-5 years, and they dont touch the ground until there like 6 months. Sure my son is 17 months BUT I dont care he ll be in it for a LONG time yet. Hes in it about 5-7 hours a day. It our way to bond since I couldnt breastfeed. I am an attached parent and I will wear him until he wants to be put down...........Some people!

I am the only person that lives in Leduc alberta that wears there baby and I think thats sad. I dont care if no one else dose mabye Ill start a trend lol.

Don't Condemn Her for Exposing her breast in public.....Nothing wrong with it While breastfeeding.

January 17th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Natalies_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would have spit flames! I absolutely HATE it when people stick their two cents in - especially when it's NOT wanted!! UGH!! And, if she was trying to make a sale - she sure didn't make a positive impact of that!

I don't think he's too big - I think you do whats right for you - don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!

</div>
January 18th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Super Mommy
Hey mommiesbab_e, I live in Edmonton and babywearing is still wierd to some people.... it's just ignorance. As long as your baby likes being held next to you (why wouldnt he?) and you still love carrying him, who the hell cares. Oh and come say hi on the Canadian Mommies board!!!
January 18th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Veteran
She would have lost a sale if she said that to me. Did you have any luck finding another sling?
BTW, my DD will be 2 next week and she still gets carried in her slings.
Expecting #2 in October
January 19th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, she was rude. I don't think 17 months is to big at all.

January 20th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am the only person that lives in Leduc alberta that wears there baby and I think thats sad. I dont care if no one else dose mabye Ill start a trend lol[/b]
I live 2.5hours east of you in Lloydminster. I have a friend who lived in Leduc but moved to Beaumont.

What kind of sling do you have and where is it ripping? There are a couple stores in Edmonton that sell them, but overall you won't see alot of women in Edmonton wearing babies in slings. Calgary has a higher crunchy rating.
January 20th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Veteran
I live in Houston Texas and I stick out like a sore thumb "wearing my baby" and not just toting around a carseat with him in it. People always ask about the sling (I have tons of kinds) but no one really says negitive things. Some people just dont understand. In Guatemala, where I lived for 2 months, children spend the entire day either strapped to their mother (or sibling) or hanging in a hammock. I really think kids need down, exploring time, but I carried my niece, nephew and step sons until they were 6. It was a way to be close to them and enjoy them. My son is 5 months old, but I am sure I will be putting him in my wraps until he is huge.

Anyways, some people just dont understand.

Carrie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search