Putting the feelers out there

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2006, 03:52 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a friend who lives 5hours away. We saw them and their baby(for the first time) last night. The baby will be 3months old next week. She is bf'ing, which I was quite happy to see. She asked me how long I bf'd my kids for. I told her my first was 9months. Her reaction was kinda shocked but WOW, really too. Then I said my first had weight gain problems so with my 2nd I weaned her onto formula by 3.5months. With my third she couldn't have any dairy or anything like that and she was 16months when I weaned her. She seemed shocked so then I mentioned my sister who almost gave up on bf'ing at 4weeks, but I convinced her(took me 3 freaking days) to give it another 2 weeks, let him get past the growth spurt at 6weeks and it will get easier. She ended up weaning him at the end of Sept at 20months while pg with her 2nd(due in a month). She seemed kinda impressed and such, so I'm hoping I was able to show her that those who nurse beyond 3months are not freaks we are normal people. Her dd nurses all the time. We got there at almost 7 and left at 10, her dd nursed 6 times the first was for 30minutes. So I'm thinking it'll be a while before she's done.

They're maybe coming over tonight, if they do I'm giving her a sling as a baby present. I gave her bil one last March but I don't think they used it. I'm giving her other bil one too for their baby who was born the day after theirs.
January 25th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Veteran
I think that it's a great idea to give her a sling. It's a gift that takes a long time to outgrow, unlike some things (bouncers and swings).
How did it go when you saw them next?
Expecting #2 in October
January 26th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They never came over and went back to thier town 2 days ago.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search