Co-sleeping....Bedding?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2006, 12:04 PM
BunnyBun's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to BunnyBun
Hi Ladies,
DH & I want to have our little one (when he shows up!) to share our bed for the first while. I had a midwife tell us that we shouldn't use our duvet, for risk of baby getting smoothered by it. She suggested that we each get our own individual blanket instead. Now, this is our first child, so we're new to this. I have been reading up on co-sleeping, but their really isn't much practical tips. I do trust my instiincts, but it's hard to plan for such a huge unknown!! We did end up getting one of these for some extra "protection" (although I bet we'll use that for like the first hour before falls alseep in the crook of my arm while he's breastfeeding!)

So all you co-sleepers, what do you do for your bedding?

</div>
January 29th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grace liked her little co-sleeper for like 5 days! LOL! She's been in the bed with us since then. We live in a warm climate, so we have basically just been using a sheet!
When we do use blankets or something, we use our comforter, and we keep them at Grace's hip level or lower (She kicks it off anyway!) If I want to be covered up to my shoulders, I scoot down in the bed LOL
January 29th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Veteran
We did the same thing. A heavier blanket in the winter and kept it at hip level or put the kids on top of our comforter with a small blanket over them. We made sure that our blanket was slack in between us if they were on top of the covers.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
January 30th, 2006, 08:50 PM
fynche's Avatar Veteran
DH and I each have our own comforter (DD shares mine) but I think that has more to do with hogging covers than the baby. I use a square, foam pillow that's very firm on one side of the baby so she won't roll off the bed--it's too hard for her to smother against. And since she's always kicking the blankets off I keep her in warm jammies.

Hey, I've been using a crib sized mattress protector under my sheets in case she leaks at night, but it makes me so sweaty. Any ideas on anything else I can use?

[url=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d198/fynche/babyfood.gif]
February 6th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
With Trupie, he slept between us at first (dh was good at not rolling on him, he had that "sense" too, and I kept a rolled blanket between the two of them), and so I put him on top of the covers and just made sure he had warm pj's (until his feet got too big for them!) and a little blanket for him. You'd be surprised at how aware of things you (and dh) can be. I definitely suggest checking out www.askdrsears.com

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search