Cloth Diapers and Onsies

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2006, 10:15 PM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello hello!

I am planning on CD with the Kushies (the 8 layer one with a layer of nylon) and Kushies covers and I have a few nylon briefs that I got just cause they were cute.

Now, I am confused. Do the onsies fit over the clothdiaper ok? I have bought 3 packs of them, plus I have a few dressy ones (2 in 3-6 month size so they should be ok and then also a few layyet ones that are so cute). My friend that CDs said she has problems with them and just uses t-shirts with the diapers. She said she'd have to size up to get them to fit, but then again she said that it causes problems with the neckline being too big. I don't know what to do. I'm a tight budget. I can't afford to buy useless things. Should I take them back and exchange them? Get a refund and wait till the baby is here? I got one pack of Baby's own 3 months size and they are a bit larger then the 2 packs of Gerber newborn (to 12 lb) size.

I am pretty sure I am going to get atleast an 8lber if not a 10lber. I was 10lbs. Husband was almost 9lbs. My sister's first kid was 9lbs. My other sister had an 8lber. And even the extended family has alot of 8lbers and +.

Also, if yall don't mind letting me know what all do you dress your baby in. My friend said the onsie is fine since I am going to be holding the baby all the time and plus I'll prob take the baby's shirt off while we feed so we can have skin-to-skin contact. Then they're always wraped in a blanket too. Tummy time, I can put her on a pair of pants so she is warm. I am due April 23 btw.

So Crunchy
February 6th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
When I actually put clothes on my babies normal clothes always fit fine over the cloth diapers. The ones I used were trimmer than I've kushies are, though. Really my kids were in just a diaper a lot of the time, particularly as toddlers. Ani was born mid-February and Cameron in early October. If it was cold I'd dress them, but especially in the spring and summer I just didn't both unless we were going out.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

February 7th, 2006, 02:18 AM
fynche's Avatar Veteran
Muslimah,
My onesies fit fine over the CD, tho they do get snug when she's about to go to the next size. And I use tri folds with diaper pins and either plastic pants or a wool soaker. Either way it's bulky. I will tell you that my baby was 8lbs 11oz and the 0-3 month outfits fit her for less than a month. She's already in 9-12 month sizes @ 4months, especially cause I like her clothes to be roomy. I don't like tshirts cause they bunch up in back.

Good luck!

p.s. if it's warm enough, I lay her on cloth diapers or something waterproof spread out and let her lay naked...it allows for more movement during tummy time and it's good for drying out diaper rash.

[url=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d198/fynche/babyfood.gif]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search