Finally got a hotsling and having trouble :(

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2009, 11:25 AM
~Jackie
I'm so upset I was so hoping the sling would go off with a hit but Nola doesn't seem to "sit" right in the cradle carry... she almost falls down and I feel like the sling is starting to drag... her head is too far down/covered with fabric and she doesn't like it. She liked it more if her head was out of the sling.

Anyone use the Tummy to Tummy carry for a newborn? This seems like it gives more head movement.
April 6th, 2009, 01:10 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I wish I had advice, I got my sling when my son was older. Did you try any videos online?

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 6th, 2009, 04:01 PM
KimberlyD0
It sounds like it might actually be a size to big. Do you think you could get a quick picture and I can take a look for you.
April 7th, 2009, 05:29 AM
~Jackie
It's a small so there aren't any smaller ones. I did take a pic however I don't know how to get the pics off the camera, I'll have to wait for DH to do it (our camera is broken so DH has to do it a certain way).

I played with it some more and I think it's 1.) that we're still new to trying the sling out and 2.) that she just doesn't like the cradle carry.

I tried the tummy to tummy and she enjoyed that one MUCH more. She actually slept in it, but she seems a little cramped like I'm squeezing her breathing room? I dunno.... I just need to play with it some more. Her body is the tummy to tummy and her head is in the cradle (she likes to have her head bent back, even in the bouncer).
April 7th, 2009, 09:46 AM
KimberlyD0
There is a size X-small

Maybe its just a matter of finding how she likes it.
April 7th, 2009, 11:47 AM
~Jackie
Oooh there is? Interesting....

Well we're in the tummy to tummy again. I think she and I just don't like the cradle position, but this seems to fit me just fine when she's in this position and she's sleeping happily. I can even nurse her in this position.

Oooh there is? Interesting....

Well we're in the tummy to tummy again. I think she and I just don't like the cradle position, but this seems to fit me just fine when she's in this position and she's sleeping happily. I can even nurse her in this position.

another question: it says for newborns up to 35lbs.... kailey is 26lbs can she wear this too?? she's almost 3yrs
April 7th, 2009, 12:05 PM
KimberlyD0
whatever works right

Yes I have one actually. I bought it off ebay, they said it was a medium, but its an x-sm. I will NEVER fit in it LOL. I use a size 4 so Med, though its looser now that I lost 30lbs, by the time I loose the other 30lbs I might fit the 3 I have.

I have to many LOL. I have to many carriers DH hates it. I have an x-sm, size 3,4, and 5 (though I just sent the 5 to someone here just over a week ago..) plus I have a Mai Tei, a ring sling (no idea why I hate the thing LOL) and a snuggli, all I need is a Moby to finish the collection I had one with DD number one but sold it (DH's fault, he talked me into it..)

I'm thinking of starting a sling business here, the one lady we had doing it just closed for business and its really catching on here.
April 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking the same as Kimberly, it sounds like it is too big.

You can kind of make it smaller by folding the fabric that goes over your shoulder. That pulls it in closer to your body a bit, but I've had problems with it coming unfolded when I move my arm. We didn't use our hotsling until Jonah was older though, so I don't have much more advice than that.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM
KimberlyD0
Here's how she should look in it for cradle

And this is one thats too big for me. I was wearing it in Ottawa and didn't know till I put it on that it was WAY to big lol. Silly me I didn't try it on. I took it with us because it was so cold.
You can tell its to big because it sits to low on the hip.
April 8th, 2009, 03:21 AM
~Jackie
Thanks for the pics I think mine is the right size, that is how she sits.... her body just seems so smashed against mine like she's uncomfortable and bent like a noodle?? LOL

Very cute warm one btw!!!

Thanks for the pics I think mine is the right size, that is how she sits.... her body just seems so smashed against mine like she's uncomfortable and bent like a noodle?? LOL

Very cute warm one btw!!!
April 8th, 2009, 05:06 AM
KimberlyD0
It should feel snug. If you've found a way where she seems comfortable then you should be ok.
April 11th, 2009, 07:26 PM
amcghee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try a Mei Tai - I loooove mine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search