Does your LO/LO's look like you?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do your kids or kiddos look like you or Dh/So, etc....?

I have to say for sure my Ds looks like me - but what is weird is he looks even more like my sister when you compare baby photos...but anyway...here is a picture of me at about the same age as a picture of Ds. As I *think* you can see....it is pretty obvious without even seeing Dh's baby picture that he resembles me. I don't think I even have a baby pic of Dh on the computer...but believe me, they look nothing like. Dh has blond hair for one, but just bigger features overall. I wonder if Ds will continue to resemble me this strongly always...or if it might shift as he grows. It's fun to watch it unfold though!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Last edited by beck12; April 6th, 2009 at 11:36 PM.
April 6th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Thats cute.
i can really tell that he looks like you!

I don't have many of me as a baby and never seen one of Cory
but here...
You be the judge
Here is what i think is the last picture i have with cory and Tanja
(1 year ago! only seen her 3 times since then)

Me at Tanja's age

me a week ago

Tanja this weekend...

April 7th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I don't know.....I think it looks to me like she might have his eyes & nose & your mouth & face shape....????

What matters most is that she is darling & you're pretty cute there too momma!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 7th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
For me she looks like Tanja.
In some pictures she looks like Cory other me but most the time none of us.

And thank you hun (:

April 7th, 2009, 06:34 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I've never seen DH when he was little. His mother has all of the pictures and they haven't spoken in about 16 years. I think DS looks a lot like me though.

Me when I was little

He definitely got my hair

April 7th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any pictures but I think my son look a lot like my dad!!! At least the bone structure. Other then that he looks a lot like my husband when he was a baby...But he definitely has my eye shape

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
April 7th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck12 View Post
Do your kids or kiddos look like you or Dh/So, etc....?

I have to say for sure my Ds looks like me - but what is weird is he looks even more like my sister when you compare baby photos...but anyway...here is a picture of me at about the same age as a picture of Ds. As I *think* you can see....it is pretty obvious without even seeing Dh's baby picture that he resembles me. I don't think I even have a baby pic of Dh on the computer...but believe me, they look nothing like. Dh has blond hair for one, but just bigger features overall. I wonder if Ds will continue to resemble me this strongly always...or if it might shift as he grows. It's fun to watch it unfold though!

WOW! You´re DS is like a little clone of you!! If he had curly hair,you wouldent be able to tell the difference between those 2 pics!

I have no idea who my kids look like,here´s me with my nana when I was about 2:

Here´s my son at the age of 10:

Here´s my DD:

And here´s DD (Noelia),shes 11 months old:

I think my older daughter has alot of DH in her.Here´s DH:

and DH as a child:

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

April 7th, 2009, 06:58 AM
~Jackie
Kailey is my twin and Nola looks a LOT like Josh's mother's side of the family... She looks a lot like Josh's grandmother. She has Josh's eyes and temperment (which I said throughout my whole pregnancy she would) and she has Josh's hair color and texture.
April 7th, 2009, 07:16 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Oh all your children are beautiful ladies!

Here's Phoenix and I at Christmas 08. I don't have any pics of me as a child, they're at my parents house. I think Phoenix is a mini me.

Here's Lincoln, I think he kinda looks like me, but has a lot of DH in him

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 7th, 2009, 07:44 AM
~Jackie
We have some adorable kids!!!
April 7th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
I've never seen DH when he was little. His mother has all of the pictures and they haven't spoken in about 16 years. I think DS looks a lot like me though.

Me when I was little

He definitely got my hair
Oh goodness - I think he looks a ton like you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina1978 View Post
WOW! You´re DS is like a little clone of you!! If he had curly hair,you wouldent be able to tell the difference between those 2 pics!

I have no idea who my kids look like,here´s me with my nana when I was about 2:

Here´s my son at the age of 10:

Here´s my DD:

And here´s DD (Noelia),shes 11 months old:

I think my older daughter has alot of DH in her.Here´s DH:

and DH as a child:
It looks to me from these pics that Noe looks like you the most & the other two resemble Dh.... They are darling anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter! Your Nana is a hottie too! Geesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie-lox View Post
Oh all your children are beautiful ladies!

Here's Phoenix and I at Christmas 08. I don't have any pics of me as a child, they're at my parents house. I think Phoenix is a mini me.

Here's Lincoln, I think he kinda looks like me, but has a lot of DH in him
She does look a lot like you - but it does also seem that Phoenix & Lincoln seem to have the same eyes. For the passer-by it will probably be easier to see their resemblance more as Lincoln gets a little bigger. I think it can be hard to tell sometimes who a baby will end up resembling....

April 7th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I get comments that they look like me and sometimes that they look like DH. I had random people comment to me when Abby was a baby "She must look like her father, because she doesn't look like you!" Now they say she looks like me, but people also say that Anna and Abby look alike, and I don't see it (maybe it's because I'm the mom).

DH and I

Abigail

Anna

I'll get some baby pictures scanned and uploaded later today to compare to.

Expecting baby #4!

April 7th, 2009, 10:28 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think my boys look most like their father, but they do have some of my family too.
But the 2 are complete doubks of eachother. Click on my profile and you'll see a pic of the two. But at the same ages theya re identical. The whole estate says Ian is Billy's twin all over again ( we lost his twin in early pg ).
Beck your son is very very like you, blondie, your genes must have kicked your dh's out of the pool because she is defiantely your double.
Gina - do you not think your son shows alot of your Nana?
April 7th, 2009, 10:50 AM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom had my baby pictures out the other day, and I looked just like Emma, excpet Emma has more hair.

April 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM
KimberlyD0
Kayla looks like DH and Karrigan looks like me.

Scary thing is my brother and his SO had their 4th (a girl) April second, Karrigan was May 14th, and the 2 of them look very much the same

My oldest also has a lot of the same looks as their oldest DD.
April 7th, 2009, 01:27 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My boys look nothing like me, I don't think so anyway. I don't have any baby pictures of myself or dh scanned but from looking at dh's baby pictures they are all Daddy. Everyone always says that my boys look exactly alike and actually every single time we go out at least one person asks if they are twins. I know they look similar but as they get older I think they look less and less alike.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 7th, 2009, 02:48 PM
kwestern's Avatar Coolest Mom Ever
I think that Reese looks similar to me, but Kennedy is kinda a mixture. She looks a little like my mom but with darker hair.

Here's Kennedy.

And Reese.

And me sans makeup a couple weeks after I had Reese (so its an older pic...lol)

DH and the girls.

Thank you Kara for my siggy!

Last edited by kwestern; April 7th, 2009 at 02:56 PM.
April 7th, 2009, 03:19 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
Maica is the exact image of oscar.... except everyone here tells me shes the image of me... she really isn't!!!!

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
April 7th, 2009, 04:50 PM
KatiesGirls
Gorgeous kids!!!!!!!!!
April 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any of DH's or my baby pics around, but Lily looks a lot like him. We saw one of his baby pics a few months ago and it was like they are twins. She does have light eyes and lighter skin though, but otherwise she resembles him way more then me.

Here's some pics of them:

singing karaoke together:

High Five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search