Hilarious: DH, my boob & nursing + pic

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2009, 06:12 AM
~Jackie
Ok the other day I was laying on the couch nursing Nola and she looked so cute I told DH to grab the camera to take a pic. I only wanted her nursing in the pic, not my face or anything (I looked crazy lol) and he said all exasperated: "Well it's kinda hard without getting your boob!" and I looked at him like and said "that's the point honey, it's called a nursing picture" and he looked at me like and said "you're going to put your breast online?!!?" and I said "Uh... yea, it's called a nursing picture, now take the picture before she pulls off"

It's funny. I nursed Kailey for 15mths and he's acting like he doesn't know how I feel when it comes to boobs + nursing. When I'm nursing my boobs are like any other body part... a hand, a forearm etc...I don't care who sees.

His bro stayed the night this weekend and Josh even tried putting a blanket over Nola's head when I nursed her I took that off and gave him my evil eye (not really). I'm not being angry or hard on him but I'm letting him slowly get the pic that he needs to remember how I breastfeed.

We went to the Army surplus store and he asked me, "Is that how you're going to feed her in the store? Are you going to use a blanket?" and I told him I would nurse her in whatever way/position was most comfortable/easy. He will slowly get back into the routine of nursing being normal. I wish it wasn't so hard for todays world to see bfing as normal. All in good time eh?

Anyway, I have a good nursing pic (or two) that I can't wait to be made into a siggie once the camera is emptied
April 7th, 2009, 06:19 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Can't wait to see the photos!!!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 7th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its funny,but lots of people feel weird about taking nursing pics..my DH is the same! In my opinion,the picture is about the baby,not the boob..the boob is just part of the background.
I love seeing the babies face,its hands,the way he/she is looking up at his/her momma etc.I dont even notice the boob! lol.Nursing pictures are so beautiful because they capture such a special moment between a mother and her child.
I told DH that I wanted a nice nursing picture so that I could have done in a nice big size to hang on our wall,and he was like "what!? So people can actually SEE it?" lol
The same thing happened when I had one of my belly pics out on the living room table in a nice big frame...everytime someone knocked on our door,DH would hide it!!
I had to keep reminding him that apregnant woman or a nursing mom isnt sexual or erotic..its ART,its beautiful! I want everyone to see it

I cant wait to see your pics!

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

April 7th, 2009, 06:43 AM
~Jackie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina1978 View Post
Its funny,but lots of people feel weird about taking nursing pics..my DH is the same! In my opinion,the picture is about the baby,not the boob..the boob is just part of the background.
I love seeing the babies face,its hands,the way he/she is looking up at his/her momma etc.I dont even notice the boob! lol.Nursing pictures are so beautiful because they capture such a special moment between a mother and her child.
I told DH that I wanted a nice nursing picture so that I could have done in a nice big size to hang on our wall,and he was like "what!? So people can actually SEE it?" lol
The same thing happened when I had one of my belly pics out on the living room table in a nice big frame...everytime someone knocked on our door,DH would hide it!!
I had to keep reminding him that apregnant woman or a nursing mom isnt sexual or erotic..its ART,its beautiful! I want everyone to see it

I cant wait to see your pics!
LOL that is too funny! And yes, I feel the same way! I love seeing their little faces all smushed up and looking at me!!! Nursing pics are adorable
April 7th, 2009, 07:10 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I think right now my Dh is totally immune apparently. He tries to take full nude pics in the tub with Ds nursing & then gets confused that I don't want him to share them.... I am constantly having to say, "Dont' show ANYTHING else but the nursing" and yet he can't seem to do that.....

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 7th, 2009, 07:25 AM
~Jackie
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck12 View Post
Well I think right now my Dh is totally immune apparently. He tries to take full nude pics in the tub with Ds nursing & then gets confused that I don't want him to share them.... I am constantly having to say, "Dont' show ANYTHING else but the nursing" and yet he can't seem to do that.....
ROFLMAO that is so funny & so sweet!!
April 7th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My DH still looks at me funny when I want to take a nursing pic. I think they just don't quite get it! I love looking back at my pictures of Abby nursing, such happy memories!

Expecting baby #4!

April 7th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Wow,you´re so lucky!!! I wish my DH was like that.Mine thinks that when I want to share my nursing pics,Im doing it in a forum full of perverted men with their pants down
Men! lol

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

April 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
. It took about 6 months for mine to get used to seeing the baby nurse himself, LOL.
(not to be rude, but he had actually seen all parts before the child was born --- thats sort of how he got here so I couldnt quite see the big shock).
He also said I looked just like the Virgin Mary - which isnt quite a complement from an Ulster Protestant, and then it completely put him off thinking of me in other ways.
April 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
KatiesGirls
LOL husbands can be so weird
April 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Michigan Momma's Avatar Just Chillin'
Send a message via Yahoo to Michigan Momma
My family while supportive of me breastfeeding and most of my decisions thus far don't approve of me NIP or taking nursing pictures, nursing in front of the kids or family. I on the other hand educate people because I'm not ashamed of feeding my babies, it's what my boobs are there for. I mean come on people, not like no ones seen a boob before.
April 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMomma View Post
My family while supportive of me breastfeeding and most of my decisions thus far don't approve of me NIP or taking nursing pictures, nursing in front of the kids or family. I on the other hand educate people because I'm not ashamed of feeding my babies, it's what my boobs are there for. I mean come on people, not like no ones seen a boob before.
They would have freaked at my son's 2nd bday then. My Dh (as a surprise for me - which I thought was awesome) put together about 500 pics of Ds from birth until age 2 that he looped through the computer & was playing on our large flat-screen monitor in the kitchen/dining area. Without me realizing there were a MILLION mixed in of me nursing Jonah both discreetly & not so discreetly...none of the full nudie bathtub pics...but even so there WERE some bathtub pics, etc.... I was so busy with the party I barely got a chance to glance at teh screen here & there as I passed through to chase Jonah or empty a garbage, or grab someone a napkin, etc... I kept wondering why it seemed like everyone was questioning me about Jonah still nursing & how often, etc...especially when he hadn't even asked to nurse while company was there (he was too busy of course)...and after the party was pretty much over...I happened to notice one come across the screen. GEESH - it was a doozy too. I asked Dh about it - he said a friend of ours (a guy who is pretty uptight when it comes to this stuff & especially if it were his wife) asked him "Don't you mind that playing right on the screen for everyone to see" and Dh told me he said "Why would I mind? I see it all the time..."

He is such a dork.

I personally would not have chosen a good number of the photos that played for that venue...but it's over & done. Dh defends himself by saying I should never be bothered to NIP under any circumstances ever again now - since I will never show as much skin as I did at his party. Whatever that is supposed to mean.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Last edited by beck12; April 7th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.
April 8th, 2009, 03:25 AM
~Jackie
Quote:
They would have freaked at my son's 2nd bday then. My Dh (as a surprise for me - which I thought was awesome) put together about 500 pics of Ds from birth until age 2 that he looped through the computer & was playing on our large flat-screen monitor in the kitchen/dining area. Without me realizing there were a MILLION mixed in of me nursing Jonah both discreetly & not so discreetly...none of the full nudie bathtub pics...but even so there WERE some bathtub pics, etc.... I was so busy with the party I barely got a chance to glance at teh screen here & there as I passed through to chase Jonah or empty a garbage, or grab someone a napkin, etc... I kept wondering why it seemed like everyone was questioning me about Jonah still nursing & how often, etc...especially when he hadn't even asked to nurse while company was there (he was too busy of course)...and after the party was pretty much over...I happened to notice one come across the screen. GEESH - it was a doozy too. I asked Dh about it - he said a friend of ours (a guy who is pretty uptight when it comes to this stuff & especially if it were his wife) asked him "Don't you mind that playing right on the screen for everyone to see" and Dh told me he said "Why would I mind? I see it all the time..."

He is such a dork.

I personally would not have chosen a good number of the photos that played for that venue...but it's over & done. Dh defends himself by saying I should never be bothered to NIP under any circumstances ever again now - since I will never show as much skin as I did at his party. Whatever that is supposed to mean.
Dude I want your husband! LOL!!! That is HILARIOUS!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search