Any other large families here?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Sophia1Day
Most of my family thinks I have too many kids, because there is no way they could handle that many. I could never understand what that has to do with me, but where I live most families are small: 1 or 2 children. Any moms or dads of many here?

Also, I was wondering who here has older children, or preteens / tweens / teens ???
April 7th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 3 kids,which is considered a large family here.Its very rare to see anyone with more than 2 kids,infact,I get alot of comments,some not so nice..like "aww..Im sorry.Im guessing one was an accident?" How many do you have?
My oldest (my son Ivan) is 12,my daughter (Amalia) is almost 10,and my baby girl (Noelia) will be one on the 1st of may.My son is starting puberty,and he is now more of a handful than my 2 girls put together lol.He is angry with the world,bored with everything,and he cant keep his mouth shut for the life of him! I swear Im going to go grey!! lol.

My parents also think I have "too many" kids.Infact,they asumed I had got pregnant by accident this last time.My dad even asked what I was going to do about the pregnancy They thought I was crazy when I told them I had actually been TTC for over a year.

Some people just dont understand why anyone would actually want more than 1 or 2 kids,so when they see a family like that,they asume that the BC failed

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

April 7th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don''t have a big family (yet) but I came from a family of 5 children. I loved having so many sibilings!

Expecting baby #4!

April 7th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have almost 5 kids and their ages can be found in my siggy (soooooo tired sorry LOL)

April 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I came from a family of six and I'm hoping to have at least that many. I can't imagine my life without a brood LOL

I guess that is why teaching preschool was the perfect job for me. I just love being around so many kids. It makes my heart sing, and I would be very lonely if DH and I decided to have a small family. I admire anyone with a large family

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 7th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Michigan Momma's Avatar Just Chillin'
Send a message via Yahoo to Michigan Momma
I only have two but might I add that I live with my mom,dad, 3 siblings and my uncle....if you squish us all together we are one big happy, supportive family.
April 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I have 6 kids plus 1 angel. Meagan is 13, Nathan 10, Dylan 7, Zachary 4, Ashlyn 2 and Gavin will be 1 this month. And we are trying for just 1 more My family, as well as most people I meet, think I am insane for having so many.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

April 9th, 2009, 12:00 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have one and are planning and hoping for three to five more. Both hubby and I come from two child households, but I always kind of thought it would be nice to have more than one sibling. So I wanted that for my children. We love being parents and it makes sense for us to have a big family. I'm excited about the future!

Totally loving my firstborn and waiting until he's a bit older to try to conceive, though.

April 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We only have two right now (and one angel) but I would love a large family. Ideally I'd love 5 or 6 but I don't think finances would allow unfortunately. My Mom ran an in home daycare (in addition to her four children) so I've always been around and taken care of tons of kids. We've been TTC our third for 7 months now so we're very eager to add to our family!

It's funny because even though I only have two I still get those comments like "You really have your hands full", etc. It always confuses me why people would say that when I only have two. Maybe because they're a year and a half apart?

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 9th, 2009, 02:43 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a small family, just the two at at home, my daughter is grown and married now.
But I expect once theya re older we will always have a house full again. When we first moved in here, some people actually thought the house ahd been opened up as a youth centre, LOL.
I enjoy lots of kids about. Our biggest youth trip was 36 to Scotland.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search