Do you think there's a connection with...

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM
KatiesGirls
Do you think there is a connection some people drinking warm milk before bed, and people that were nursed to sleep as an infant/small child?

I personally think that warm milk sounds gross, but my mom only nursed me for 2 weeks. lol

Thoughts??
April 7th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think my mom nursed me to sleep for long, and I'm not a big fan of warm milk either (unless you add some cocoa mix to it )

April 7th, 2009, 09:08 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what effect nursing to sleep might have long term....but I don't think warm milk will be one for my Ds - he still wont' drink ANY other milk but mine....no matter what I have tried. He won't drink it cold or warm, cow, goat, soy, rice, almond, etc...and since about January - he won't even take a bottle of EBM & I have never gotten him to take BM from a sippy or through a straw either - he gags on it....no matter how fresh it is. If he ever drinks any type of milk at all NOT from the breast direct, I will think it is a miracle at this point.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 7th, 2009, 11:54 PM
KatiesGirls
I would be interested to find people that prefer this (mostly from another generation I think) and ask if they know whether or not they were nursed to sleep. It's a kooky question I know. haha
April 8th, 2009, 05:07 AM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
Mom my breastfed all three of us, but I don't know for how long. I don't like warm milk, unless it has chocolate in it.

My youngest son, who breastfed the longest, absolutely refuses to have cold milk. He spits it out and throws the bottle or sippy.

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

April 8th, 2009, 06:02 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went from breastmilk to cows milk at 8 weeks, but that is when breastfeeding at all was unusual. I dont know if it was warm or cold milk, but I love cold milk and find warm milk a bit disgusting, unless as mentioned you add chocolate.
April 8th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love warm milk!!!! I was only breastfed for 8 weeks though...not sure if I was BF to sleep or not...probably. My mom's an attached mama so I am guessing I was...

I remember when I was little and I had trouble falling asleep my mom would get me warm milk and I'd be out after finishing it hehe

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
April 8th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its funny you ask actually! lol.I BF my son,and he needed warm milk before bed (in a bottle) until he was almsot 9 years old.It was part of his rutine and he couldent sleep if he didnt have it.
I FF my older daughter,and she hates milk weather its warm or cold.We´ll see how Noelia turns out.She´s still BFing and not drinking milk yet,so I dont know weather she´ll like it.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

April 8th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I never made that connection. I just thought it helps everyone sleep in general.

April 8th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Lol interesting connection
i think i was BF about 1-2 month and i HATE HATE HATE milk unless it is very chocolatey milk
or warm milk with lots of honey and Cinnamon

April 8th, 2009, 02:42 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I was EBFed until I was 9mos and I hate warm milk... So i don't know if there is a connection.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 8th, 2009, 03:06 PM
KatiesGirls
There probably isn't but I'm sure it has something to do with where the idea came from

...Now I want hot chocolate!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search