Are you ready for Easter?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2009, 02:09 PM
KatiesGirls
Are you ready? What kinds of special things are you puting in the baskets this year? I have some ideas but I want more! We're doing our shopping tomorrow
April 8th, 2009, 05:04 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
We went to the library today and got some easter books. Yesterday we drew easter eggs on the sidewalk with sidewalk chalk! I still want to dye the eggs with her.. DH wants to do an easter egg hunt.
April 8th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Super Mommy
This is the first year I'm doing anything and I'm SOOOOO ready. We already did great projects for the grandmas (blown eggs and an egg box with seeds). We had painted and glittered eggs last week. I'm going to Connecticut and I can't wait to do the Easter morning hunt with A and her cousin.

I got bath tub paint and markers and ducks and a tub fishing pole for the basket.....We are having some "issues" with the big tub and No Mom so I'm using the Easter bunny to "bribe" my dd into the tub alone. My sis is doing a bug and outdoor basket. Oh and I found the cutest stinkin' kitty puppet too...I just couldn't resist.
April 8th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On Good Friday I always go to my mom's house for a family gathering and easter coloring party, so we will do that. I'll let Jonah paint some eggs, but not for eating!

I have a little basket I put together. Some biter biscuits and some puffs, and I just found a recipe for homemade biter biscuits that I am going to make either tomorrow or saturday to put in it. Our target had some all natural toys on clearance, so I bought him this really cute bear and a garden set made out of recycled milk jugs. Also some spring board books from the dollar section.

That's about it. Dinner with the family, of course, but not a lot of hoopla. I'm washing the clothes I want him to wear right now, so I guess I am ready!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm having people over to our house for an Easter luncheon on Sunday, plus we'll be going to Mass. We're going to an egg hunt the city puts on this Saturday just for fun. I'm going to decorate some eggs as well.

April 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber View Post
This is the first year I'm doing anything and I'm SOOOOO ready. We already did great projects for the grandmas (blown eggs and an egg box with seeds). We had painted and glittered eggs last week. I'm going to Connecticut and I can't wait to do the Easter morning hunt with A and her cousin.

I got bath tub paint and markers and ducks and a tub fishing pole for the basket.....We are having some "issues" with the big tub and No Mom so I'm using the Easter bunny to "bribe" my dd into the tub alone. My sis is doing a bug and outdoor basket. Oh and I found the cutest stinkin' kitty puppet too...I just couldn't resist.
Ds doesn't' really want me in the tub anymore. I take up all the play space now I guess.... So if you were closer, I would bathe with her... LOL I miss it! Now I have no excuse to take toys in there with me.

We are going north to my sisters for the weekend. So I won't feel ready until we are packed & I have food made...UGH.
I did buy Ds a new pirate bath towel that I am sure he will love (since he runs around saying Arrrrr Arrrrrr Arrrrrr all the time now). Dh was supposed to order him a pony on a stick from some online company - but with this week as it's been I haven't even thought to ask him if he got it ordered or not. It was supposed to be able to be here by Friday. I personally think it's a bit much for Easter - but hes two. He wont' even remember by next year & since I picked out Ds's bday present - I figure if he really wants to get it - then fine.

I need stuff for my 18 yr old niece still - this is her last year....and I need small stuff for 2 nieces & 2 nephews that will be there. I have two other nephews I normally get stuff for, but since I am not really allowed to see them at this point (and they won't be there), I guess I won't be doing that this year. That bums me out.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 8th, 2009, 11:58 PM
KatiesGirls
I love the bath paint idea! And the blown eggs sounds so fun! We will have to try that next year. We're doing Good Friday service (on friday duh lol) and then an egg hunt at our church sat morning and then Easter service that night. I think we're going to my parents for Easter day to get all the kiddies together. It's going to be busyyyy

I know I want to get the girls each a bunny or chick. Julie is deff easier to shop for right now. lol I suppose I could get some sort of dessert solid food for Kaylee as a treat. She still doesn't have any chompers so I'm leary to even let her try the puffs or toasts. Hmmm... maybe some great new teething toys. fashion and function!
April 9th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
We're not even doing one..... I just feel like it's pointless until she's older and she understands. LOL does that sound horrible?

April 9th, 2009, 01:23 AM
KatiesGirls
Awe you should just make her a simple little tiny basket! Have DH pick something special so he can be a part of it! It's her first Easter!!! The way I see it is you won't regret it if you do, but you might regret it if you don't.
April 9th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Katie, I was at the store and saw that they had different baby dessert foods like Banana Vanilla Custard. I thought about buying it for a special treat for Jonah, but read the ingredients and saw that it had gelatin in it. I don't know why; gelatin weirds me out, but if you don't have any qualms about it, it could be a special dessert! Jonah has no chompers either, but he does really well with the puffs now. They dissolve almost instantly (yes, I eat them too LOL) they give just enough time for him to mash it with his gums a bit, and then it is completely dissolved. The biter bars turn to mush as they gum them as well. I'm a bit nervous about the homemade ones because I've never tried them, but I know the gerber biscuits mush up very well. I just don't leave him while he's chewing one, just in case. He loves them, and they really seem to feel good on his gums.

I agree that the LO's might not understand, but they know enough to understand when something special is going on. No, they won't really be missing out if you don't do anything, but it is still fun for them when there is something a little special for them

Click the blinkies!

April 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
KatiesGirls
Gelatin? Like horse hooves?
April 9th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH is a such a scrooge, he doesn't want to do an egg hunt or dye easter eggs I'm doing a basket for Abby though. I'm boycotting candy this year (none of us need it, and I found candy from last year in our cupboard a few weeks ago, yikes!) so instead I bought a box of fruit snacks and some juice boxes, lol I'm glad she's not old enough to know better! I also got her a new puzzle, her favorite movie, a book and a Tinkerbell bib (not that she uses bibs much, but she loves Tinkerbell)

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

April 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksGirls View Post
Gelatin? Like horse hooves?
exactly, right?!

Click the blinkies!

April 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emma's too little to eat anything, so no treats for her, but I made a basket for her with some summer outfits and a few books. I know she's too young to care much about it, but I want to be able to take some pics of her with her first Easter basket.

April 10th, 2009, 08:02 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doin an egg hunt, but its really for Billy, I wouldnt bother if it was just Ian. Still I have a couple of little sweets and toys for him so will do a couple of eggs right in front of him he can open. We had a terrible time finding plastic eggs here as most people dont do egg hunts, or they only use choclate eggs.
We are alsa dying eggs which means we will all have blue red, green, etc... hands for a few days and Billy usually manages to get dye everywhere. Oh well I always say if he is still clean he didnt have a good day

Oh we make a bunny cake too. Its really easy, you just bake two round cakes. First one is head. 2nd one cut ears from two sides leaving a hourglass type shape in middle. Stick on ears use middle shape for bow tie and frost. I think I am using that horrible roll out frosting this year, but you just peel it off and toss it out when ready to eat.
April 10th, 2009, 09:12 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
We'll just be giving the kids a little plush bunny and Phoenix will get to hunt for some chocolate eggs. We are going away for the weekend and doing the hunt up at the cottage.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effervescence View Post
exactly, right?!
Well it may have an "ick factor" for you (or maybe you are a vegetarian) but it is thought to be good for babies. It is added to formula to aid in digestion and it is high in protein. I also believe it is used as a thickener in formula (although I can't swear to it since I haven't seen a can of formula in ages).... My gramma thinks it helps with teething & so we tried it with Jonah (especially when nothing seemed to be helping) - a warm bottle of watered down Jello basically. He loved it - I am not sure it helped though.

I think for babies, you can skip holidays if you want....but it's nice to do them too. They may not understand, but it's still fun & you will have pictures to show them later. We have already looked at pics with Jonah of his first two Easters so that he gets the idea of what it will be & that we will be at my sister's house again (we don't get to see her real often) so the pics show her home as well & he seems to get excited. So it's nice to have the memories on film to share with him now.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
We've had our easter tree up for a week we went on a special walk to choose our branch then i sewed up a few birds and we painted eggs to hang on it
i've done her a hunt with photo clues, shes just got the concept of 'where' with signing and so i've taken pictures of things she knows about the house and led the clues to a basket, its got a toy bunny and duck, and some chocolate (mostly for me! lol) and my mum crocheted some little toys in eggs for it.
today we 'decorated' an easter bonnet too.
i love easter, i'm not religious really but i love the new life/spring aspect of it.

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search