How often do you...

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
clean your kid's toys?

Geesh - tonight I was looking at Jonah's play kitchen & it was HIDEOUS! I about gagged. There were smudges of things I couldn't even identify. I swear I wiped it down top to bottom like a month ago (it has to have been longer than that now that I see it though).

So how often do you wipe things down. I KNOW I don't do it as often as I think I should. I do make a point if anyone in the house has been sick...but in between I think I am overly lax from the looks of things....

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 8th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I have been trying to clean Ella's toys about once a month.

April 8th, 2009, 11:25 PM
KatiesGirls
LOL I plead the fifth
April 9th, 2009, 03:20 AM
~Jackie
OMG I think it's been over a year... LOL!
April 9th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Beaker's Avatar My boys are adorable
I only clean toys if they look dirty. And it is usually with water or vinegar. I don't worry about it with illness. Although I might feel differently if I had a newborn.

Earn giftcards and more with Swagbucks!

April 9th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wipe everything down every few days or so..im SUPER anal about germs! lol.IŽll wipe them down more often if someone has been over to play (like my nephew or my nieces etc).
I also have to admit that I hide lots of toys when other kids come over..so that they dont get their "germs" on them
I think I have a problem lol.

I wipe everything down every few days or so..im SUPER anal about germs! lol.IŽll wipe them down more often if someone has been over to play (like my nephew or my nieces etc).
I also have to admit that I hide lots of toys when other kids come over..so that they dont get their "germs" on them
I think I have a problem lol.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

April 9th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I only clean toys if they look dirty. And it is usually with water or vinegar. I don't worry about it with illness. Although I might feel differently if I had a newborn.
April 9th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
Nobody gag a maggot.....I don't wash Averys toys...there I admit it.
We have mostly wooden toys and the plastic ones we do have all go in the tub or sink or shaving cream and paint with us so they just get "washed" that way.

She does like to "wash" her kitchen and the coffee trunk/table she eats on and plays on all the time.

Oh wait!!!! I've washed her dolls....Man I feel better now!!

Yeah I am the opposite of anal about germs, but really even germ a phobes like my house I promise its not gross or anything!!!
April 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Quote:
Yeah I am the opposite of anal about germs, but really even germ a phobes like my house I promise its not gross or anything!!!
Ditto
Heck, my daughter shares her food with our 130 lbs dog LOL (must share vid btw! super cute..)
i will wipe it down if its screaming "hey im DIRTY! if not im not too fussed, play come first

April 9th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not often, I admit it. I'll wash something when it looks dirty, but I don't clean them just to disinfect them.

Expecting baby #4!

April 9th, 2009, 02:53 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Constantly we get everyhting messy somehow.
April 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Gina- I would be the same way. lol.

April 9th, 2009, 05:41 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksGirls View Post
LOL I plead the fifth
re you pleading the FIFTH or the FILTH... LOL

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only clean Lily's toys if they're obviously dirty, otherwise I'll wipe them down with some water sometimes. I don't worry too much about germs especially since she won't be in daycare or anything. I don't mind her being exposed to some germs and I worry about the over-usage of anti-bacterial products on her toys and things like that. So I just don't use them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search