The Daddy bond

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM
KatiesGirls
What kind of bond did you have with your dad?

What kind of bond does your dh have with your child(ren)?

Did your dh have a good relationship with his father?
April 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of bond did you have with your dad? I love my dad SO much that thinking about him makes me emotional.He´s a wonderful,kind,caring man who bends over backwards for everyone without taking a single minute to think about himself.We share a huge bond..I love him to death!

What kind of bond does your dh have with your child(ren)? He has a wonderful bond with the girls,but not so much with my son..I think that his own relationship with his dad is to blame for that.

Did your dh have a good relationship with his father? No,and he still doesnt.Sometimes I wonder if they even love each other.They treat each other like the dirt under their feet

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

Last edited by Gina1978; April 10th, 2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: I totally mis-understood the second question and didnt realise until I came back to read Nekinnas awnser.Sorry!
April 10th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
What kind of bond did you have with your dad?
I love my dad, we share tons of things in common and we VERY OFTEN watch movies and stuff together and have fun.
infact... its more like a daily routine to sit down with him and watch some movie/serie after tanja is in bed (: he is great

Cory has been Tanja 3 times in the last year.
all those times where in june i think
so i guess none eh

From what i know, his dad was abusive and they haven't talked in years so no.
Read more: The Daddy bond - JustMommies Message Boards - http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...#ixzz0CJmH4tKi (The Daddy bond)

April 10th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What kind of bond did you have with your dad? My dad and I are close, I was a daddy's girl growing up

He spends a lot of time with thme, he's very hands on, changing diapers, dressing, bathing, rocking or putting them to bed. I can say honestly that he is a great dad!

Did your dh have a good relationship with his father? Yes, neither one of our fathers were very hands-on when we were growing up, but we are still very close to them now

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

April 11th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Beaker's Avatar My boys are adorable
What kind of bond did you have with your dad? It's okay. We don't agree on anything.

What kind of bond does your dh have with your child(ren)? Fantastic!

Did your dh have a good relationship with his father? Doesn't know him.

Earn giftcards and more with Swagbucks!

April 11th, 2009, 08:59 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
What kind of bond did you have with your dad? me nd my dad ave a very good bond. we're very alike and he's very supportive. so much of bond that he moved to spain after i left!

What kind of bond does your dh have with your child(ren)? very good, though he can be pretty useless at parenting in general him and maica are very close.

i think so up until he left. its complicated, but i know when he lived with his dad they coslept etc. i think he adored his dad and his dad is a broken man since he didn't get to see his children after the break up.

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
April 11th, 2009, 09:07 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had no connection with my father whatsoever. i was a great deal closer to the family dog, even before my parents divorced and he had no interest in us afterwards. My Grandpa though was the perfect father figure and meant the world to me.

DH's father was away a large part of his childhood. He is well known and a lot of people think very highly of him, DH idolised him to some extent I think, but their was some cruelty as well. Both of our fathers our gone now.

DH is very close to our boys, and is a good father.
April 11th, 2009, 11:12 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of bond did you have with your dad? I was a VERY strong daddy's girl. I never really felt that connection with my mother, even to this day I was so much closer to him.

What kind of bond does your dh have with your child(ren)? Well right now (pregnant) I'm already worried because DH will talk to my belly and the little bug kicks a ton and I SWEAR response to him. I'm love that , but at the same time I have realize I think I'm already jealous since bug doesn't do that for me!

Did your dh have a good relationship with his father? Not really, nothing horrible but nothing I would call really good.

Oh the past tense is because he passed away 11 yrs ago. On July 31st....my due date with this baby. I feel its almost his way of still being involved in my life.

Last edited by soImarriedAnerd; April 11th, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
April 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
What kind of bond did you have with your dad? None. He was a drug addict and abusive and we left him when I was four. I have one memory of him being a good father.

What kind of bond does your dh have with your child(ren)? Ryan tries super hard when made to. Otherwise he is still very immature. He loves Leila to pieces and would probably fall apart if anything were to ever happen to her. She loves her daddy a lot but could stand to be a little closer to him.

Did your dh have a good relationship with his father? Nope. They didn't talk for YEARS when he was an older adolescent/young adult due to family drama. He didn't even tell him I was pregnant with Leila until after she was born and still has not told him about this baby.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

April 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What kind of bond did you have with your dad? I wasn't close to my dad at all.

What kind of bond does your dh have with your child(ren)? They have a really close bond. She means everything to him and he tries hard to let her know that.

Did your dh have a good relationship with his father? Nope. DH moved out when he was 14 because of his dad being an abusive drunk.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search