So about that closed thread -

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2009, 11:03 AM
~Jackie
my post wasn't about anyone or any one thread/post at all - it was a complete generalization of CIO and knowing that there have been and will continue to be CIO discussions on my (any) DDC and that it is very hard for me to see those things so I may have to leave my DDC (not because of anyone or any particular thread/post).

A lot of talk in that closed thread (I only read 1/2 way through the second page) was about Jamie's thread - I haven't even clicked on that thread I had no idea that things were going to be taken out of context and assumed and blown up. It's been a long time since we've had to close a discussion on this board and I'm sad to see it happen on one of my threads where I've come for support I came to the AP board because this is an appropriate place to talk about my discomfort with CIO and I didn't want to upset anyone in my DDC knowing that there are women who do choose CIO and I didn't want to start anything or cause tension on my board because I do really enjoy my DDC (basically exactly what Beck said - thank you!).

Whenever there are crying + baby topics there will be CIO brought up - so I stay away from that and speak of it in an appropriate place because I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm going to enjoy my niece's birthday party now Hope everything is cleared up and sorry for what happened - I didn't think this would happen.
April 11th, 2009, 11:18 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to give you some I know the feeling of one of your own threads going bad...it sucks.
April 11th, 2009, 01:18 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
I wouldn't worry about it. I followed the thread (but stayed out of it) and in no way did I get the impression that the misunderstandings were directly caused by what you posted. Your thread seemed reasonable to me (no links to a specific post, no pointing at a specific user, posted in the appropriate forum), it was just that some assumptions were made, which lead to more assumptions, etc, etc. Tis just the way of the Internet, these things happen. It's no big deal IMO, I've certainly seen far worse! I'm actually surprised the thread was closed TBH, as it didn't even seem that heated (though perhaps it was heading that way, so best to nip it in the bud).
April 11th, 2009, 02:26 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldnt worry about it either, It appears to be done now anyway, but I could certainly understand how you feel. I used to post for ages on a different set of boards for pregnancy after multiple loss. Once we finally made it and had our babies it was so very sad to see the cio/ controlled crying posts, or whatever other name people would care to give it. I just felt saddened and out of place so i can really see how you felt, and I dont believe anyone on this board minded you posting here or looking for support from your friends here at all.
Hope you enjoy the party, and hope everything else is going well for you
April 11th, 2009, 03:49 PM
KatiesGirls
to all the above.

We understand all too well where you were coming from. It's for reasons like this that the first months adjusting from DDC to PR can be so hard. I hope tit doesn't turn into an us vs. them thing again. That's not what the board is for.

You know you can vent to us anytime you need to. The hideaway has been such a blessing to me!
April 11th, 2009, 05:26 PM
~Jackie
I'm very happy things are blown over now I love the AP board and have thoroughly enjoyed my DDC!

Going to play outside with the crazy kids now!

I'm very happy things are blown over now I love the AP board and have thoroughly enjoyed my DDC!

Going to play outside with the crazy kids now!
April 12th, 2009, 06:27 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you need to apologize at all. You probably said the least out of anyone in that whole thread. LOL

I am sorry that things got so blown up when in fact you did say very little. I hope this doesn't discourage anyone from feeling like they can talk about their feelings here...as that is what this place is for.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
I am so sorry that your other thread got so out of control. I hope you can vent here without any issues here on out. This is an area where you can vent about things like that and I hope that our lurkers will understand that. PM me if you need to talk.

I am so sorry that your other thread got so out of control. I hope you can vent here without any issues here on out. This is an area where you can vent about things like that and I hope that our lurkers will understand that. PM me if you need to talk.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search