question for the co-sleeping mamas

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I love this board. I lurk here often and I've posted a just a few times.
We are a co-sleeping family. My LO is getting more mobile and doesn't have any fear of heights, yet. Our bed is the only bed that we have for her right now. At night she sleeps in between us, so she won't be able to roll off. In the day when she is napping she is on the bed by herself . I put pillows on the sides so she won't roll off when she is sleeping, but when she wakes up she can climb over those pillows before I get to her. So I guess my question is what have you ladies used/done in this situation so your LO won't fall off the bed?

In advance thank you for your answers!
April 11th, 2009, 02:53 PM
KatiesGirls
Hey! Welcome to the AP board!!

She is gorgeous!!!

If she is moving around it might be time to see if she is ready to transition to a crib or pack in play if you don't have a crib yet. With Julie this was our cue and she went right into her crib around 8 or 9 months.

I hope you like it here and keep posting! This is a great set of girls!
April 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily is very mobile and she refuses to sleep anywhere besides our bed, including for naps. I end up staying in the room with her while she naps, which isn't a great solution but it works for us. I'm able to relax and read a book/magazine, go online, etc and just have some time to myself until she wakes up.

April 11th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If your LO is willing, maybe have her nap on the floor on a comforter?

She has the prettiest eyes and eyelashes btw!

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
April 11th, 2009, 08:46 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
LOL but I just always either napped with her or placed her on the far side of the bed which was up against the wall on one side. She usually woke and sort of made a cry out to me like hey I'm up Momma! It worked for us and she never fell out during naps.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

April 12th, 2009, 03:42 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by em-n-ma View Post
Hi, I love this board. I lurk here often and I've posted a just a few times.
We are a co-sleeping family. My LO is getting more mobile and doesn't have any fear of heights, yet. Our bed is the only bed that we have for her right now. At night she sleeps in between us, so she won't be able to roll off. In the day when she is napping she is on the bed by herself . I put pillows on the sides so she won't roll off when she is sleeping, but when she wakes up she can climb over those pillows before I get to her. So I guess my question is what have you ladies used/done in this situation so your LO won't fall off the bed?

In advance thank you for your answers!
Dh put the mattress on the floor when dd got to this stage.

That siggie of Emma is too sticking cute!
April 12th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Veteran
When my son became mobile we used the pack n play for naps. He still slept with us at night though. Eventually we moved his bed down to the floor beside our bed around 9-10 months and I slept with him and still sometimes do there. He recently graduated from the pack n play for the naps about two months ago. Now he naps on the couch with pillows on the floor in case he rolls off during his nap. He's 20 months now.
April 13th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies! I was just wondering how others did it when their LO got older and more mobile. The only time I am concerned is when I lay her down for her morning nap I like to go take a shower. Lately, I will get out of the shower and check on her a bunch to make sure she isn't awake.
I was talking to DH about it over the weekend and we decided that I should wait to shower after she wakes up and sit her in her high chair by the bathroom. I have to have my shower everyday.

We have a crib and a play pen, but they are in storage right now since we are temporarily living in a smaller home. So that isn't an option for us right now. I don't think she would fall asleep without nursing and snuggling her to sleep anyways.
April 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Sounds like a good plan ~ Let us know how it works!
April 14th, 2009, 07:43 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This may sound awful but I brought Ian into the bathroom in a box. its a big plastic box and he can sit comfortable and play with his toys while I talk to him and wash my hair. After that he comes into the bath too. Wish i had a shower, we only have tub, my favourite part of our holiday is the shower. We tried one of those shower attachments but an old house, not enough water pressure upstairs
April 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well there are a couple of options we tried (and they each seemed to work for a phase & then he outgrew it)..... For showering, when he was tiny I could put him in his bouncy seat & shower quickly usually. When he got bigger he really seemed to like his exersaucer (especially since our shower door is mirrored). That was my golden age of showers. LOL Since he got truly mobile there is nothing that works other than putting him in there with me.

As for naps, when he was little I put him in his Amby bed if I wasn't planning to lay down, as he got bigger I put him on the couch. Our couch cushions aren't terribly bulky - so I can lay him on the couch & roll a thin blanket or towel up & put it under the cushion & it keeps him kind of in a vee so he can't roll off even if he tries...LOL and yet if he wakes he can get down if he wants to now. When he was under a year though - it worked great to keep him put & there was NOTHING around that could suffocate him or pose a threat. I couldn't ever feel okay to shower while he slept, because he really has some radar so that right when I shampoo my hair he would start wailing. LOL So I think I only tried that once or twice. If I skip the shower, of course he sleeps like an angel. LOL He still likes to nap on the couch just as well as in bed....and it leaves me able to keep an eye on him while I read, pick up alittle, run some laundry, or do dishes, or JM time...

Well there are a couple of options we tried (and they each seemed to work for a phase & then he outgrew it)..... For showering, when he was tiny I could put him in his bouncy seat & shower quickly usually. When he got bigger he really seemed to like his exersaucer (especially since our shower door is mirrored). That was my golden age of showers. LOL Since he got truly mobile there is nothing that works other than putting him in there with me.

As for naps, when he was little I put him in his Amby bed if I wasn't planning to lay down, as he got bigger I put him on the couch. Our couch cushions aren't terribly bulky - so I can lay him on the couch & roll a thin blanket or towel up & put it under the cushion & it keeps him kind of in a vee so he can't roll off even if he tries...LOL and yet if he wakes he can get down if he wants to now. When he was under a year though - it worked great to keep him put & there was NOTHING around that could suffocate him or pose a threat. I couldn't ever feel okay to shower while he slept, because he really has some radar so that right when I shampoo my hair he would start wailing. LOL So I think I only tried that once or twice. If I skip the shower, of course he sleeps like an angel. LOL He still likes to nap on the couch just as well as in bed....and it leaves me able to keep an eye on him while I read, pick up alittle, run some laundry, or do dishes, or JM time...

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search