I didn't know I felt so strongly about spanking

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before I had Emma, my opinion on spanking was that it wouldn't be my first choice as a discipline method, but I didn't think it was always absoultly wrong to do.

At my in-laws for Easter dinner today my SIL said something about smart mouth kids needing a spanking (I can't remember exactly how the conversation turned that direction.) Anyway, the thought of giving Emma a spanking or using anything but a gentle, loving touch with her made me want to cry.

April 13th, 2009, 08:09 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It just all seems different once you have your own child. Of course easy to think this now, not when they are 13 and giving you all sorts of greif
April 13th, 2009, 08:34 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by broxi3781 View Post
It just all seems different once you have your own child. Of course easy to think this now, not when they are 13 and giving you all sorts of greif
This reminds me of a woman I just had a chance encounter with. We were at my chiroprator's office and I was with Samantha. I was going on about how stinking cute she is and the lady (a bit older) said with kind, loving, gentle eyes ~ you just love her so much don't you. (Me) Everyday, I swear I can't love her more yet I do. (Her) I know. One day God makes them teenagers, and it makes letting them go very easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen121 View Post
Before I had Emma, my opinion on spanking was that it wouldn't be my first choice as a discipline method, but I didn't think it was always absoultly wrong to do.

At my in-laws for Easter dinner today my SIL said something about smart mouth kids needing a spanking (I can't remember exactly how the conversation turned that direction.) Anyway, the thought of giving Emma a spanking or using anything but a gentle, loving touch with her made me want to cry.
Hey.. I'm right there with you girl.

April 13th, 2009, 09:00 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Michelle- I loved that quote
But its quite common here for boys to stay home until they marry. My neighbours son is 40+ and still hasnt left .Just hoping boys are easiier as teens then girls. If not someone please shoot me before then !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search