Did you co-sleep as a child?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 01:08 PM
KatiesGirls
Did you co-sleep with a parent or sibling?

I shared a bed with my sister from about the age of 18 months until 8 years old. I would like to think that it was done for my benefit but we were poor and I think my parents were just being resourceful.
April 13th, 2009, 01:43 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Nope.

I had my own bed.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 13th, 2009, 01:43 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Nope.

I had my own bed.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No.We were even allowed in my parents bedroom.They closed their door when they were in there and we had to knock if we needed them.
They were very strict about that.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

April 13th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope! I was only allowed in my parent's bed if I had a nightmare and that was only a few times.

April 13th, 2009, 02:38 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't cosleep with anyone but my mom looking back said she wished she had. She told me she spent many sleepless nights crying in her bathroom because I was CIO because she thought that was the only option. She is very pro-AP now for her grandson and that's great!!

April 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We did a little bit when we were really young.
April 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't cosleep with my parents at all. My Mom couldn't understand why I did/do with my boys. She said we were in our own room/crib by the time we were 2 weeks old.

I did sleep with my little sister for a long time though. Starting from the time she went into a bed until she was in grade school--so like from 2-8 or so (I'm 7 1/2 years older).

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 13th, 2009, 06:57 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I (and my siblings) slept in a bassinet in my parents' room until we were about 6 months old. After that we didnt co-sleep on a regular basis, but sometimes on Satyrday mornings we would climb into bed with our parents.

April 13th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom said we always slept on her when we were babies. When we started sleeping through the night is when we slept in our cribs. When I was really young (as far back as I can remember) I remember climbing into bed in between Mom and Dad. I was told I can only come in and sleep with them if I had a nightmare, but I would tell them I had nightmares every night in the middle of the night so I can climb into bed with them I was always allowed to though! As I got older (Like elementary/middle school) my mom would scratch my back and I'd lay my head on her lap and we'd watch movies together and I'd fall asleep It was so comfy!!!

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
April 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No, my mom doesn't really understand why we still do either. I know she kept us in their room for the first 6 months or so, but usually in our own crib. Honestly, my parents could have saved themselves money and let us share beds! I probably would have slept better too. I plan to give my girls that option if they'd like to.

Expecting baby #4!

April 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM
KatiesGirls
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi2284 View Post
No, my mom doesn't really understand why we still do either. I know she kept us in their room for the first 6 months or so, but usually in our own crib. Honestly, my parents could have saved themselves money and let us share beds! I probably would have slept better too. I plan to give my girls that option if they'd like to.
April 13th, 2009, 09:43 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only co-slept with my sister in the womb We are twins

I always shared a room with my sister but never a bed or crib.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search