Help need advice

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Veteran
My LO is starting daycare May 4th, she'll be 8 months old and I'm having a hard time with the thought. We have been fortunate enough to be able to work 1/2 days at our jobs d/t her prematurity, knowing it was only temporary. Well time is up and I thought I was OK until I went there today for about 45 minutes to hang out with her. It was okay, but it really hit me. I cried (in the car on the way home), she was okay though. Does anyone have any advice or pros and cons with daycare vs in home sitter. Thanks! I posted this in the Aug.PR so sorry if its a repeat

Thanks Mary for the amazing PR Siggy

Thanks MamaLacey for the wonderful siggy!

April 13th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no advice since I'm a SAHM, but I wanted to say I hope it goes well and Hugs to you! It must be really hard for you right now and I hope it gets easier on you.

April 13th, 2009, 02:45 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I haven't been there but I wanted to send you some courage, strength, and positive vibes.

April 14th, 2009, 02:45 AM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
I don't have any advice but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'm going through the same thing. We have our first trial day on Thursday and DS is due to start nursery in June at 9 months old.

The thought of it turns my stomach, no idea how I am going to deal. I wish Ben was a better napper then I wouldn't feel so bad, but I'm afraid he's going to get really upset when he gets tired and some unfamiliar person is trying to get him to sleep by rubbing his belly
April 14th, 2009, 06:34 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a SAHM Mommy too, but on the home sitter or day care question, it all depends on the home sitter. I think a relative is usually the best option if that is possible. A homesitter has the advantage that she only has your child to care for so your baby hopefully gets complete one on one attention, plus the familiar surooundings of home, and less illnesses.
On the down side, its not as regulated and it can be hard to know if the sitter is really devoting her time to your child or sitting watching tv. I honestly would end up using a spy cam to see what kind of care my child got. Also if you arte fortunate to get a really good home sitter, you have to acept that the child will develop a very strong bond to the sitter as well, I have known some mothers to get upset at this. And finally if your sitter must take a sick day, you can really be stuck.
Advantages to day care is there is more regulation, some have cameras set up so you can check from work, their are other children to play with, which really doesnt matter yet, but is nice later, you dont have to worry about one of the staff being off sick as there is always someone else, but will have to take time off when your child is sick etc.... It can be difficult for the child with a turnover in staff but not as much as with a home sitter.
I used to do home sitting as teen btw and quit because i got too attached to the children. It was really hard for me.
I just hope you find a solution that works well for you and your LO.
April 14th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to do babysit for my IL's kids...pro's to daycare would be interaction with other kids, more activities, I can't think of more but I am sure there are My child is still really young and I am SAHM so I don't know much =P

Cons would be getting sick all the time.

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
April 14th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with getting too attached to the kids. WHen I was babysitting my Neice in Law I just did NOT agree with her mother's way of parenting....I wouldn't even call it parenting. So, naturally I would give her a more loving routine and things...but I just felt like she was getting so confused so I just all around quit, after all, I am not her mommy

It is really sad. SIL just doesn't know better I feel. I always give her innocent little tips but she just laughs it off.

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11

Last edited by ladyluck87; April 14th, 2009 at 07:08 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search