I'm almost ready to throw in the hat

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 03:37 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
OUCH! Lincoln is killing my nips. He is biting me constantly, he bit so hard once that he broke the skin and it bled. I tried the "No bite" and then ending the nursing session, but he just laughs at me. I am scared to feed him because he just keeps biting me. He won't take bottles and doesn't eat solids at all, so he is EBF. I try to hold off nursing him as long as I can so he'll be very hungry and just eat but he still bites. I don't want to stop nursing, I LOVE nursing (usually) but I don't know what to do. I manage to get him to stop biting when its happening and I've started nursing alone in his room with no distractions. I've done everything I've read about that can help and its not working. I'm upset. Iguess I just need some encouragement to keep going.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 13th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
I'm sorry
but remember it is JUST a phrase, I think most kids go tru that phrase.. i sure know tanja did
you can do this hun

April 13th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you're still dealing with the biting Laurel! You can get through it!

April 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)

These phases are tough man so my heart goes out to you. I would suggest giving a homeopathic remedy called chamomille before you nurse. Another thing that worked for us was an amber teething necklace. I know it's hard and there are time you want to give up. I found reading about babies and breastfeeding while nursing helped me a ton. (Becky likes to mediate through these times.)

I hope something helps soon. Keep us updated.
April 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)

These phases are tough man so my heart goes out to you. I would suggest giving a homeopathic remedy called chamomille before you nurse. Another thing that worked for us was an amber teething necklace. I know it's hard and there are time you want to give up. I found reading about babies and breastfeeding while nursing helped me a ton. (Becky likes to mediate through these times.)

I hope something helps soon. Keep us updated.
April 13th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ouch! I thought my nip hurt...I feel your pain!! My right nip is a little sore but I have never been bit! I think it's just the teeth sometimes scraping it while he is sucking..But I can just clench my jaw and go on with it...Just keep your head up!! Maybe when he does it do no reaction what so ever? I know it is super difficult but I think if he knows he can get a reaction out of you he will think it's funny and keep doing it for fun

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
April 14th, 2009, 05:13 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
if shes bitten me i've always jumped and that scared her out of it.. otherwise i'd put her down and say 'no milk, you hurt mummy' and she got the picture.
some people say to push the baby into the boob when they bite? not sure what the technicalities are, i think dr sears has some ideas
xx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
April 14th, 2009, 06:06 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I am going through the same thing. Have tried everything. Gavin just likes to bite. I hope it gets better for you soon.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

April 14th, 2009, 06:09 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wish I could be of some help, but dont know anything that hasnt already been said. Hope it is a very short phase.
April 14th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Quote:
some people say to push the baby into the boob when they bite? not sure what the technicalities are
I think thats because when you do it the baby lets go of the nipple and opens their mouth to catch a breath i think

April 14th, 2009, 10:45 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Michelle is right - I meditate....I have since the beginning. I am going to break the taboo & say that most of my nursing relationship I have had to work to enjoy it. Sometimes I get almost like claustrophobia, I have had repeated clogged ducts, a horrible case of mastitis caused by a hideous clog that I had to pull out myself with tweezers (and it was about three inches long - UGH)...and then there have been biting, pinching, twiddling my other nipple (that about put me through the roof - it just grates me last nerve), etc....BUT....I can mediate through it. I really can. I breathe deep, I remain quiet mentally & I meditate on relaxing, on using this time to be centered & balanced & reflective on motherhood, I imagine things like I can feel the stress leaving my body with every breath out & good, peaceful feelings on every breath in. That isn't to say I have never enjoyed nursing or that I feel tortured....it's just that if it truly wasn't going to have benefits for Ds physically, emotionally, etc....I sooooooo would not be doing it. That may sound awful, but maybe that is influenced with me having to work, or having sensitive nipples, or other people's attitudes about it - I couldn't say. I just know I do it for him & when I would have hard times like what you are describing I would first meditate on imagining my milk flowing into him & making him grow & feeding his immune system and helping him feel loved & after I went through that whole visualization...if I had more time...I would focus on relaxing every bone in my body & destressing....and in the end I always did feel more relaxed after nursing...it just seemed like I had to focus to get there if that makes sense. I am also really relaly glad I stuck it out because nursing a toddler to me has been a MILLION times easier in that way than nursing a baby - both because he doenst' bite me now and because I have become better at relazing myself. He also doesn't need to nurse as often too - so maybe that helps too.

Whatever the case - HUGS to you. I know this is tough & it really is okay to feel "not in love" with nursing. I had a hard time because I didn't want to talk to people IRL about it - since inevitably their answer to any "nursing problem" is to identify nursing AS the problem & tell me to quit, which isn't what I wanted or needed - I wanted & needed validation, support & help!

Michelle is right - I meditate....I have since the beginning. I am going to break the taboo & say that most of my nursing relationship I have had to work to enjoy it. Sometimes I get almost like claustrophobia, I have had repeated clogged ducts, a horrible case of mastitis caused by a hideous clog that I had to pull out myself with tweezers (and it was about three inches long - UGH)...and then there have been biting, pinching, twiddling my other nipple (that about put me through the roof - it just grates me last nerve), etc....BUT....I can mediate through it. I really can. I breathe deep, I remain quiet mentally & I meditate on relaxing, on using this time to be centered & balanced & reflective on motherhood, I imagine things like I can feel the stress leaving my body with every breath out & good, peaceful feelings on every breath in. That isn't to say I have never enjoyed nursing or that I feel tortured....it's just that if it truly wasn't going to have benefits for Ds physically, emotionally, etc....I sooooooo would not be doing it. That may sound awful, but maybe that is influenced with me having to work, or having sensitive nipples, or other people's attitudes about it - I couldn't say. I just know I do it for him & when I would have hard times like what you are describing I would first meditate on imagining my milk flowing into him & making him grow & feeding his immune system and helping him feel loved & after I went through that whole visualization...if I had more time...I would focus on relaxing every bone in my body & destressing....and in the end I always did feel more relaxed after nursing...it just seemed like I had to focus to get there if that makes sense. I am also really relaly glad I stuck it out because nursing a toddler to me has been a MILLION times easier in that way than nursing a baby - both because he doenst' bite me now and because I have become better at relazing myself. He also doesn't need to nurse as often too - so maybe that helps too.

Whatever the case - HUGS to you. I know this is tough & it really is okay to feel "not in love" with nursing. I had a hard time because I didn't want to talk to people IRL about it - since inevitably their answer to any "nursing problem" is to identify nursing AS the problem & tell me to quit, which isn't what I wanted or needed - I wanted & needed validation, support & help!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search